Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gay Marriage Upheld by Supreme Court

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Re: Gay Marriage Upheld by Supreme Court

Cruz: Clerks Should be Able to Opt Out of Gay Marriage Licenses

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Saturday said county clerks in Texas should "absolutely" be able to opt out of issuing same-sex marriage licenses if they have religious objections.

"We should respect diversity and tolerance," Cruz added. "There is this liberal intolerance and fascism that seeks to force Bible-believing Christians to violate their faith, and I think it makes no sense."

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/06/...y-marriage-li/

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

CNN Report On ISIS Flag At Gay Pride Rally, Turns Out It Was A Flag Full Of Dildos And Buttplugs

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/...s-pride-parade

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Somebody didn't get the tolerance memo - Catholic priest reports getting spit on at gay marriage parade

Walking down Broadway and 22nd St just now, I ran into gay marriage parade. Two men walked by and spat on me.
    Oh well… I deserve worse. — Fr. Jonathan Morris

https://twitter.com/fatherjonathan/s...86358169534464

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Somebody didn't get the tolerance memo - Catholic priest reports getting spit on at gay marriage parade

Walking down Broadway and 22nd St just now, I ran into gay marriage parade. Two men walked by and spat on me.
    Oh well… I deserve worse. — Fr. Jonathan Morris

https://twitter.com/fatherjonathan/s...86358169534464
    Color me shocked and surprised that something like this would happen...

Gotta love the ones responding to that tweet accusing him of making the whole thing up.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Here's the first same sex marriage in Jackson, MS:

Looks like there's a room for a third in there - are they bi? I am very tolerant.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Cruz: Clerks Should be Able to Opt Out of Gay Marriage Licenses

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Saturday said county clerks in Texas should "absolutely" be able to opt out of issuing same-sex marriage licenses if they have religious objections.

"We should respect diversity and tolerance," Cruz added. "There is this liberal intolerance and fascism that seeks to force Bible-believing Christians to violate their faith, and I think it makes no sense."

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/06/...y-marriage-li/

County clerks are an agent of the government when they're on the clock.They can't discriminate.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

County clerks are an agent of the government when they're on the clock.They can't discriminate.

yeah, if you work for the government, you do what the government says. Cruz is trying to score some points with the evangelicals, clerks won't want to lose their jobs over it either, they are just handing out slips of paper anyway

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

http://time.com/3939374/rand-paul-ga...supreme-court/

I'm all for it. The government should get out of the marriage business. Why should they issue marriage licenses? Why should married people get tax benefits? Who cares who you are married to?
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't really see how this is good or bad thing for Gay people.

Marriage has turned into a industry, when it should just a union between two people.

Gays just got the right to have their wallets thrown through the grinder. Just wait until Divorce, Alimony, and family court laws come into play.

here we go

Cruz suggests states can ignore gay marriage ruling

Houston Chronicle - Texas senator and GOP presidential hopeful Ted Cruz said during an NPR interview on Monday that states should ignore the Supreme Court's landmark ruling legalizing gay marriage nationwide.

His reasoning? States not specifically named in the case don't have to follow the ruling.

The states listed in the gay marriage suit included Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee.

"... On a great many issues, others have largely acquiesced, even if they were not parties to the case. But there's no legal obligation to acquiesce to anything other than a court judgment. And I would note that the next major battlefield that is going to occur following this marriage decision is religious liberty"

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-wor...ge-6356881.php

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I have just completely changed my opinion on gay marriage even though those two would probably rather stick a fork in my eye because I am male. I can't figure out which one is hotter, but you know they will be anti-guns, fossil fuels, meat, etc.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I have just completely changed my opinion on gay marriage.
    yesssssssssssss

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I have just completely changed my opinion on gay marriage even though those two would probably rather stick a fork in my eye because I am male. I can't figure out which one is hotter, but you know they will be anti-guns, fossil fuels, meat, etc.
    Yes. If you're conservative in any way (and I'm guessing you are), they more than likely vehemently oppose anything and everything you stand for.

yesssssssssssss
    Trying very hard (and with futility) to unsee...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Trying very hard (and with futility) to unsee...
    sorry, that was for the other guy

OK. How about Ukrainian girls?

I hear they love Americans these days. Better than a puppy.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/im...ide.250033009/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Yes. If you're conservative in any way (and I'm guessing you are), they more than likely vehemently oppose anything and everything you stand for.

I take exception to that assumption.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    I take exception to that assumption.
    I did use the qualifier "more than likely," and surely you realize you're one of the (very rare) exceptions?

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

I did use the qualifier "more than likely," and surely you realize you're one of the (very rare) exceptions?

Stay classy, leftnutz

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

More North Carolina officials refuse to perform marriages

RALEIGH, N.C. – Dozens of magistrates in North Carolina have refused to perform weddings since a law went into effect allowing officials to refrain from performing the ceremony.

The state court system says it's received 32 notices from magistrates since a law took effect June 11 allowing court officials who for religious reasons oppose gay marriage to opt out of performing all marriages.

The law exempts court officials with a "sincerely held religious objection" and is designed for those opposing gay marriage.

The law also gave the recusal option to some register of deeds workers issuing marriage licenses. Elected officials would perform the duties as a last resort. State Sen. Phil Berger says the law is probably preventing situations like the one in Kentucky, where a clerk has refused to issue licenses.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...orm-marriages/

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ