Thread: Le'Veon Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Le'Veon Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career

Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career

By Mark Kaboly
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell works out during minicamp Tuesday, June 16, 2015, on the South Side.

Le'Veon Bell is a here-and-now guy, but really, what 23-year-old isn't?

Still, the Steelers All-Pro running back — knowing the lifespan of an NFL back is short — never really has put any thought into the longevity of his career.

Not after playing nearly 1,000 snaps last year; not after being on the field for an unheard-of 95 percent of the plays over the final half of last season; and not even after a serious knee injury robbed him of his first opportunity to play in a playoff game.

Not once did Bell think about the future, he said.

DeAngelo Williams changed all of that without saying a word.

The Steelers signed the 10-year, 32-year-old veteran Williams in the offseason to provide much-needed depth and experience. His acquisition also provided something else for the impressionable Bell — perspective.

“Before OTAs, it never crossed my mind ever before about having a long career,” Bell said. “It never crossed my mind until when we got DeAngelo. He's had a long and great career, and I realized I want to play for a long time, too. I would consider it a great career if I can make it 10 years, and let's see where the stats are.”

Bell, who amassed a team-record 2,215 total yards in his first full, non-injury season, already is pushing the average career length of an NFL running back.

Bell, who will miss the first three games of his third season (pending appeal) while serving an NFL suspension, won't turn 24 for eight months. The average career of a running back is about three years.

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz3dS5DXJtF

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career

Le'Veon Bell Highlights 2014-2015

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career

Good,video. Thanks,for,posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler