Thread: Bettis believes Bell can develop into Steelers all-time best running back

Bettis believes Bell can develop into Steelers all-time best running back

Bettis believes Bell can develop into Steelers all-time best running back
    May 28, 2015
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Four Steelers running backs have been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And then there is Le’Veon Bell.

One of those Hall of Famers thinks Bell could be the best of them all.

“I think if he continues on his course, I think he can be one of the best that ever put on a uniform — not just a Steelers uniform, one of the best running backs ever,” said Jerome Bettis, the most recent Steelers back voted into the Hall of Fame, where he will be inducted Aug. 8.

Bettis, Franco Harris, John Henry Johnson and Bill Dudley ran the ball for the Steelers and have their busts in Canton, Ohio. None produced as much as Bell did in his second year with the Steelers.

Read more at...http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201505280057
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Bettis believes Bell can develop into Steelers all-time best running back

Last year Bell reminded me a bit to Marshall Faulk.Bell is very complete and he is a matchup nightmare for his opponents because of his talents as receiver.

If he stays healthy, he'll have a great career, I have no doubt in my mind

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Last year Bell reminded me a bit to Marshall Faulk.Bell is very complete and he is a matchup nightmare for his opponents because of his talents as receiver.

If he stays healthy, he'll have a great career, I have no doubt in my mind
    He's very much like Faulk but with more power. If he can have an equivalent career, I'll be very happy.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If he has a career like Marshall Faulk and Marshall Faulk is a Hall of Famer. I think that would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    He's very much like Faulk but with more power. If he can have an equivalent career, I'll be very happy.
    A Hall of Fame career and among the best ever to play the position? Yea, I'd be all right with that too.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If he has a career like Marshall Faulk and Marshall Faulk is a Hall of Famer. I think that would be a good thing.
    And a first ballot hall of famer!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He needs a crazy play like a ball dropping out of nowhere when he catches it and runs for a TD. Then they give the play a name.
    All Defense!