Thread: Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence, child endangerment

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence, child endangerment

Chicago Bears defensive lineman Ray McDonald was arrested by San Jose police on charges of domestic violence and child endangerment, according to a report from Damian Trujillo of NBC Bay Area. The Santa Clara Police Department issued a statement that McDonald was arrested Monday morning after he allegedly "physically assaulted the victim while she was holding a baby."

McDonald left the location where the incident occurred and was arrested at an address owned by former 49ers teammate Justin Smith, per Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.

McDonald has a son who was born in March. He was was previously arrested for domestic violence in August 2014 against his ex-fiancee, who was pregnant at the time, but no charges were filed......

read more @ http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/5/2...-chicago-bears

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence, child endangerment

You can't fix stupid

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He probably had too much to drink or too many greenies too.
    All Defense!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    You can't fix stupid
    No doubt. I hope that the NFL drops the hammer on him, especially since he managed to get the previous charges dropped.

Looks like the Bears cut him. Good!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Like how the Bears wasted zero time to say bye, bye and I don't think only the front office realized but some of the players felt the same. Kyle Long tweeted "Good Riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, he sure looks like an idiot.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The Bears owner was against signing him in the first place. Their new GM talked him in to signing him. The GM is looking like a fool now.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    The Bears owner was against signing him in the first place. Their new GM talked him in to signing him. The GM is looking like a fool now.

Pretty much. On the other hand, at least they had the foresight to make the contract so they were not on the hook for anything in such a case. All they really suffer is some wasted time and some egg on their face. In the end though, there's one guy who looks like the biggest fool, and that's McDonald.

In general, I don't like the idea that being accused of something ought to act as a permanent bar to employment; that's a pretty dangerous path to go down. So on the one hand it's good that someone is willing to give people a chance, even if it was motivated by self-interest. Not much sympathy for the guy when he squanders that chance, though.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar