Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brady* suspended 4 games

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Brady* suspended 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I'd trade Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore for NY Jets, Miami and Buffalo every day of the week.
    No brainier...like someone said is like playing Cleveland all,the time. I'd would say in a good year for the AFC East it's the equivalent of two Cleveland and a Cincinnati...in a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

SUCK IT

Robert Kraft drops the fight, says he'll accept deflate-gate punishment

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...171900816.html

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I wouldn't celebrate until I hear Brady's appeal...lol.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

as long as it's at least one game I don't really care

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Ten bucks says they get awarded the first 1st round comp pick in history for Revis to offset the loss of the first rounder they're losing. And $1 million? That's chump change to Kraft.

I don't think Kraft waiving the white flag to the league will help Brady's appeal

if anything it makes him look even more guilty

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I wouldn't celebrate until I hear Brady's appeal...lol.

Kraft just admitted they cheated by giving up draft picks/fine, so every fan in the world has the right to say the P*ts are cheaters. Cheer!

and that's a good start, but we demand Unconditional Surrender!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

If Brady had any balls he would threaten retirement.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    If Brady had any balls he would threaten retirement.
    I heard something similar on the radio about this. Really he gas $100M, wife that's bringing in plenty of dough...not like he needs the job...I'd say he has a better chance with a nudnik like Goofdell to threaten retirement than to do his appeal.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Giselle has retired from the fashion runway, but is going to pursue other endeavors in the fashion and modeling industry, likely as a designer. She made $386 million over the course of her career. She already has her own line of flip-flops and lingerie. Her flip-flops are cute, and her lingerie is very sexy.

http://www.ipanemaflipflops.co.uk/gisele.html

http://www.giselebundchenintimates.com/

She should offer a flip flop to Goofdell or Kraft..they are perfect spokesperson...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

She should offer a flip flop to Goofdell or Kraft..they are perfect spokesperson...
    Or throw one at them. "My husband can't throw the ball, catch the ball, and deflate the ball!!!"

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Oh...I'll agree that the Patriots have had one of the easiest roads to the playoffs year in and year out...not even close.
    For years Pittsburgh was sitting in that same seat. They could count on a good 7 / 8 games a year just from division. Win 2 or 3 outside and bang, you're in the playoffs.

The thing is, winning the division = getting to the playoffs. Teams that win division and are 1 and done, you can tell they are from weak divisions.

Pats on the other hand, may be from a weak division and may benefit from it, but they would still hang tough in any other division as well, if not win it each year. Cheating aside of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I'd trade Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore for NY Jets, Miami and Buffalo every day of the week.
    Can you say the same throughout the 90s?
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    For years Pittsburgh was sitting in that same seat. They could count on a good 7 / 8 games a year just from division. Win 2 or 3 outside and bang, you're in the playoffs.

The thing is, winning the division = getting to the playoffs. Teams that win division and are 1 and done, you can tell they are from weak divisions.

Pats on the other hand, may be from a weak division and may benefit from it, but they would still hang tough in any other division as well, if not win it each year. Cheating aside of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Really???

So let me get this straight, you think that the cheats hang tough with other teams...cheating aside??? You mean like teams doing well against them and all of the sudden their electronics stops working...aside from cheating right??? You mean like when a team calls an audible and the entire defense slides to the side where the team just audibled to...aside from cheating??? You mean like when a player they suddenly needs quits on the team they are on and then suddenly gets picked up by the cheats...cheating aside right??? They do this against teams inside their division as well as those outside of their division. They even cheat when they don't need to, but they still do it.

but ya know if you aint cheating you aint trying, so it's a good thing we put cheating aside.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Teams that win division and are 1 and done, you can tell they are from weak divisions.
    Or maybe they're missing effectively 1/3 of their offensive output due to an injury at the absolute worst time. I'm sorry, but I simply can't buy that logic when 3 of 4 teams in that same division make the playoffs. What other division put 3 teams in the postseason last year? The winner of a truly weak division is one that wins their division and gets a home game with a 7-9/8-8 record, IMO.

Not to mention the team that advanced in that situation from the same "weak division" had "The Almighty Patriots" on the ropes in their own house (again) the following week prompting Belichick and Company to (once again) pull some bush league bullshit which has since been outlawed.

Must really be rough having to play a team twice a year that currently has the longest playoff drought in the league and has yet to make it to the postseason in this century (Buffalo). Even the Browns can't match that record of futility.

You mean back when the "super genius" Belichick was compiling a 36-44 record as a head coach?

No offense, but I fail to see what happenings of 2 decades ago have to do with the here and now...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Is that a diaper you are wearing? Or do you have serious mental issues?

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Or maybe they're missing effectively 1/3 of their offensive output due to an injury at the absolute worst time. I'm sorry, but I simply can't buy that logic when 3 of 4 teams in that same division make the playoffs. What other division put 3 teams in the postseason last year? The winner of a truly weak division is one that wins their division and gets a home game with a 7-9/8-8 record, IMO.

Not to mention the team that advanced in that situation from the same "weak division" had "The Almighty Patriots" on the ropes in their own house (again) the following week prompting Belichick and Company to (once again) pull some bush league bullshit which has since been outlawed.

Must really be rough having to play a team twice a year that currently has the longest playoff drought in the league and has yet to make it to the postseason in this century (Buffalo). Even the Browns can't match that record of futility.

You mean back when the "super genius" Belichick was compiling a 36-44 record as a head coach?

No offense, but I fail to see what happenings of 2 decades ago have to do with the here and now...
    Belicheat has nothing to do with 'trading the browns and bengals for the jets and bills". In the 90s, those teams were not weak (bill and jets), at least not as weak as the browns and bengals.

My point, which was obviously lost somewhere in translation, is that the Steelers benefited from a weak division for a LONG time, having the luxury of playing the likes of the Brows and Bengals twice a year. So, to critique the Patriots b/c they are benefiting from a weak division would be akin to critiquing the Steelers for all the years when they were "dominant" for also being in a weak division.

As for the "cheating aside" gobbly-gook, If you put the Patriots in any other division AND you were able to "guarantee" no cheating, they would still hang tough b/c they still have the talent.

I am on board with with the crowd about Brady potentially being a career backup if he didn't have the crutch of cheating to learn the game, but regardless about how he learned it, he has still learned it, the talent is still there.

Like or not, "cheating aside", the Patriots would still be a strong competitor in any division.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Belicheat has nothing to do with 'trading the browns and bengals for the jets and bills". In the 90s, those teams were not weak (bill and jets), at least not as weak as the browns and bengals.

My point, which was obviously lost somewhere in translation, is that the Steelers benefited from a weak division for a LONG time, having the luxury of playing the likes of the Brows and Bengals twice a year. So, to critique the Patriots b/c they are benefiting from a weak division would be akin to critiquing the Steelers for all the years when they were "dominant" for also being in a weak division.

As for the "cheating aside" gobbly-gook, If you put the Patriots in any other division AND you were able to "guarantee" no cheating, they would still hang tough b/c they still have the talent.

I am on board with with the crowd about Brady potentially being a career backup if he didn't have the crutch of cheating to learn the game, but regardless about how he learned it, he has still learned it, the talent is still there.

Like or not, "cheating aside", the Patriots would still be a strong competitor in any division.
    The Oilers (later the Titans) and the Jaguars (remember, this was before realignment) were anything but weak in the '90s. Outside of 2 or 3 seasons, the Patriots have been running away with the AFC Least by 4-6 games a year for the last decade+. The Steelers did not do that in the '90s, namely because of the Oilers (early '90s and late '90s as the Titans) and the Jaguars (mid-to-late '90s) actually being good teams.

And as far as more recent seasons are concerned, I noticed you neglected to mention the Ravens while pointing out how weak the Bengals and Browns have been. The Jets, Dolphins and Bills have generally sucked for years now. The Patriots have literally had no competition in their division while the Steelers and Ravens have been beating the crap out of each other on a regular basis at the same time.

Let me put it this way - I seriously doubt the Patriots get practically an automatic bye week and home field throughout the postseason and make 4 straight AFCCGs if they had a team like the Ravens to contend with in their division every year, as opposed to a team like the Jets that might field a decent team once every 5 years or so if the stars line up just right. And make no mistake, the Jets have been the closest thing to actual competition the Patriots have had in that division for pretty much forever now.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The difference is the Steelers didn't cheat to get where they were, but maybe if they had they would have been much more dominant too. The pats have relied on cheating to get where they are and even you admit that in your statement that when you say "I am on board with with the crowd about Brady potentially being a career backup if he didn't have the crutch of cheating to learn the game,". The talent, that you ascertain is the reason they are so good, still benefitted from the cheating to put them over the top. Knowing that would make any average team that much more formidable. I go back to the 2004 championship game when Hines stated that they were calling out our plays before we even ran them. That statement alone shows how the talent benefitted from the cheating.

Your last statement is pure speculation on your part. If they didn't cheat they MAY have been competitive, but the cheating is what put shady brady and the gang over the top. The team would not be where they are without cheating and they wouldn't cheat if it didn't benefit them.

The AFC Central/North has always had "one other" team in the division to compete with...sometimes 2 others. The Patriots haven't had that "other" for a very, very, very, very long time...