Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Tom Brady be suspended for opening game versus Steelers?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Will Tom Brady be suspended for opening game versus Steelers?

Wouldn't be surprised if he got paid "under the table"

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I missed watching the Super Bowl this past February for the first time in almost 40 years (hate both teams, refused to watch).

I know I'm only one person, but if about 50 or 60 million others feel the same way...
    Make that two.

I was working during the Super Bowl and wasn't interested in the least bit in watching a rerun of it.

I intended to go find the commercials but never got around to doing it! Lol !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Alex Kozora retweeted
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter -

Roger Goodell told CNBC on a decision on Tom Brady’s appeal of his four-game suspension “is coming soon”, possibly as early as next week.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'm holding off on getting DirecTV and Sunday Ticket until I see what the outcome of this is. If Brady gets away with no suspension, or anything less than 2 games, I won't be getting Sunday Ticket.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The bright side of the Hardy sellout is there is another unresolved suspension...

The only surprise now concerning Brady would come if the NFL upheld his four-game ban. While it is difficult to draw any cross-case conclusions because of the NFL's aforementioned discipline inconsistencies, Brady and Hardy winding up with the same penalty would not really measure up.

The Patriots*' Week 1 foe, Pittsburgh, also has its own pending appeals hearing. Star running back Le'Veon Bell has yet to meet with the league about his three-game suspension for a marijuana-related charge but he, too, could receive some leeway. Bell is a first-time offender.

Of course, who knows? The suspensions for Brady and Bell may be upheld under whichever arbitrary factors the league—and those hearing the cases—opt to enact. The NFL's disciplinary system has wandered beyond guesswork into unpredictable mayhem

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/10/gre...estic-violence

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

You've gotta be completely dumb to think that Brady isn't getting off scott free. Mark my words - he'll be playing week 1. Meanwhile, Le'veon Bell is still awaiting his appeal. Go figure.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Yeah it is funny how you hear of hardy and shady brady, but not a peep about LeVeon. LeVeon appealed his suspension well before anything was mentioned about Brady's case yet not a peep. I agree with those who think shady brady will walk away scott free and LeVeon will not.

Is Hardy’s reduced suspension good news for Brady?

Posted by Mike Florio on July 10, 2015

With Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy’s 10-game suspension reduced to four games, what does that mean for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s four-game suspension?

As a practical matter, arbitrator Harold Henderson’s decision to cut Hardy’s suspension from 10 games to four games makes it very difficult for Commissioner Roger Goodell to keep Brady’s suspension at four. Keeping Brady at four would invite the wrath of Patriots fans who believe Goodell has equated Brady’s conduct (whatever it was) to domestic violence, and it also would invite the wrath of those who believe Goodell has equated domestic violence to Brady’s conduct (whatever it was).

So Goodell now has no real choice but to reduce the suspension, most likely to two games. It still won’t be easy to do; ideally, Goodell needs to find a way to shorten the suspension without undermining the multi-million-dollar efforts of Ted Wells, the man Goodell hired to spend multiple millions of dollars investigating #DeflateGate...

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ews-for-brady/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It's great news for Brady...with Hardy's reduced, he is now on the same "level" as Hardy...of course it has to be reduced now...I would like to think that this would also be good news for Le'Veon as well, but we all know how the NFL and Goofdell operate.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The people whining about "omg Brady's suspension is the same as Hardys omg letting air out of footballs is the same as domestic violence!!!1!" are morons. It is one thing to be arrested off the field in your private life. It is another thing to be cheating and messing with the game. Personally, I have no idea why in the hell it has become expected that professional sports teams and leagues are supposed to operate some extrajudicial moral police system for off-field incidents. I don't care about them. Why should I? If it's important enough, that's why they have jail.

Cheating within the game, on the other hand, deserves extra punishment within the game. Shoeless Joe Jackson was banned for life from baseball but never went to jail. Same with Pete Rose (he went to jail later for tax evasion). Rae Carruth was convicted of murder but never suspended, because the justice system basically did that anyway.

Brady was suspended 4 games and should continue to be suspended 4 games. With the original suspension, Goodell first floated it to the media over the weekend before announcing a decision, and, big surprise, came out with a suspension in line with what the media said. He floated the appeal to the media over the weekend, and they're saying to reduce it, so he'll reduce it. Two games or zero. Probably two, to avoid looking like a complete flip-flopper, even though that's what he totally is. I wouldn't be surprised if the PR firm that the league hired after the Ray Rice scandal is directly involved in this. What a terrible commissioner and a complete joke of a man.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The people whining about "omg Brady's suspension is the same as Hardys omg letting air out of footballs is the same as domestic violence!!!1!" are morons. It is one thing to be arrested off the field in your private life. It is another thing to be cheating and messing with the game. Personally, I have no idea why in the hell it has become expected that professional sports teams and leagues are supposed to operate some extrajudicial moral police system for off-field incidents. I don't care about them. Why should I? If it's important enough, that's why they have jail.

Cheating within the game, on the other hand, deserves extra punishment within the game. Shoeless Joe Jackson was banned for life from baseball but never went to jail. Same with Pete Rose (he went to jail later for tax evasion). Rae Carruth was convicted of murder but never suspended, because the justice system basically did that anyway.

Brady was suspended 4 games and should continue to be suspended 4 games. With the original suspension, Goodell first floated it to the media over the weekend before announcing a decision, and, big surprise, came out with a suspension in line with what the media said. He floated the appeal to the media over the weekend, and they're saying to reduce it, so he'll reduce it. Two games or zero. Probably two, to avoid looking like a complete flip-flopper, even though that's what he totally is. I wouldn't be surprised if the PR firm that the league hired after the Ray Rice scandal is directly involved in this. What a terrible commissioner and a complete joke of a man.

Someone give this man a cookie.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Keeping Brady at four would invite the wrath of Patriots fans who believe Goodell has equated Brady’s conduct (whatever it was) to domestic violence, and it also would invite the wrath of those who believe Goodell has equated domestic violence to Brady’s conduct (whatever it was).
    Yeah? Fuck Patriots fans. As soon as Goldenboy and Belicheat are gone their undivided attention is going to go back to the SAWX anyway.

Yeah? Fuck Patriots fans. As soon as Goldenboy and Belicheat are gone their undivided attention is going to go back to the SAWX anyway.
    Give this man TWO cookies!! QFT!!

Can't happen soon enough.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Hardy's was reduced from 10 games to 4, but he already served 15 games last year, so the grand total is 19 games.

Doesn't compare AT ALL to Brady.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Hardy's was reduced from 10 games to 4, but he already served 15 games last year, so the grand total is 19 games.

Doesn't compare AT ALL to Brady.
    Try telling that to Pats** "fans".

my prediction:

Brady's suspension gets cut in half to two games.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    my prediction:

Brady's suspension gets cut in half to two games.
    You have more faith than me, I will say the suspension gets thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    there is absolutely no way that the suspension gets thrown out completely.

Roger needs to make a statement here that the NFL will not allow anyone to tarnish the integrity of the game and will thus suspend Tom Brady for at least the Patriots* bye week...

Banned Array title="jb500ex will become famous soon enough">

If roger throws out the suspension it will be the moment people will look back and say the nfl jumped the shark. I think it would hurt the league and do damage the league doesn't believe could happen to them. There is no question they will lose fans the league already has issues with the real fNs not liking the new game. You hear more and more people every year say they just don't get into the league the way it is now like they use to. This is a huge moment for roger a overturn will be the final nail in the goodell coffin

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like half the fans don't care about deflate-gate...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I feel like half the fans don't care about deflate-gate...
    I don't know if they don't care as much as its fans now sitting back ...feeling justified...and thinking "I knew it...'nuff said".
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I don't know if they don't care as much as its fans now sitting back ...feeling justified...and thinking "I knew it...'nuff said".
    There should be outrage if the suspension gets lifted...even reduced should induce anger...I'm not sure it will with a lot of people...maybe I'm wrong.

To a lot of people, cheating is no big deal and "getting over" is applauded.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

That's Der Komissar's plan....

Report: NFLPA to go to federal court if Brady remains suspended for any games

Posted by Josh Alper on July 15, 2015

Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy is still mulling whether to take legal action after arbitrator Harold Henderson reduced his suspension to four games last week and that’s not the only potential court case that the NFL could face in the future.

We’re waiting to find out NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s ruling on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s appeal of his four-game Deflategate suspension and that ruling could also open up a door to the courthouse. ABC and ESPN legal analyst Ryan Smith reported, via NFLPA sources, that the union plans to mount a challenge to the league in federal court in the event the appeal ruling results in any suspension for Brady. Albert Breer of NFL Media adds that if there is a lawsuit, that it will likely be filed in either Minnesota (where Judge David Doty has issued labor-friendly rulings in the past) or Massachussetts.

There’s no word on whether they would pursue a preliminary injunction that would put a hold on the suspension while the court case plays out. Such an injunction would allow Brady to play in Week One...

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-any-games/

Banned Array title="TeeTee is a glorious beacon of light">

Other than the interest in knowing if we face Brady or not week one, count me in the half that just doesn't care.