Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Tom Brady be suspended for opening game versus Steelers?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Will Tom Brady be suspended for opening game versus Steelers?

Like I said earlier, if you honestly done believe there wasnt already a back room deal between Kraft and Goodell, you haven't been paying attention to Goodell's BS antics since becoming commissioner. This was all set up from the beginning, 4 game suspension, appeal to no suspension, both look good to their perspective groupies, nothing really happens. Maybe the fine stays (you know, to help Goodell with his house or boat payment) and the 2 lackies get the boot as well. I wouldnt be surprised if they got a nice payday for their troubles on the way out the door as well.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

WE want Brady's phone!

WE want Brady's phone!

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    He's not missing a game. . Book it.

Robert Kraft drops the fight, says he'll accept deflate-gate punishment

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/robert-kraft-drops-the-fight--says-he-ll-accept-deflate-gate-punishment-171900816.html

Kraft holding news conference on ESPN. Says he will "reluctantly" accept the punishment handed down by NFL because it is the best thing for the NFL and the Pats** to "just end the rhetoric"

Go Steelers!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Kraft holding news conference on ESPN. Says he will "reluctantly" accept the punishment handed down by NFL because it is the best thing for the NFL and the Pats** to "just end the rhetoric"
    Translation: the other owners served Kraft a piping hot bowl of STFU.

Even if Goodell reduces Brady's suspension to one or two games I will be happy!

Go Steelers!

Patriots won't appeal Deflategate punishment

The Patriots will not appeal their $1 million fine and loss of draft picks in the "Deflategate" scandal.

finally, they admit it

Cheaters!
    Cheaters!
    Cheaters!
    Cheaters!
    Cheaters!
    Cheaters!

Anti Kraft Rally

Surround Patriots Place lock arms and don't let anyone in to shop, that should get his attention.

Then take all your Pats Gear back to the Pats store and ask to return it for a refund under the Aaron Hernandez rule! as Kraft has just labelled all patriots as cheaters.

The best protest would be for everyone who has tickets to the season opener, to spend the night out in the parking lot protesting instead.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/anti-kraft-rally.1120430/

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Anti Kraft Rally

Surround Patriots Place lock arms and don't let anyone in to shop, that should get his attention.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/anti-kraft-rally.1120430/
    Go ahead, get arrested just like those jackasses who handcuffed themselves together and staged a "sit-in" at the league offices in NYC.

Idiots.

ha ha - they deleted that thread

here's a better one

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69894

Kraft has folded, what a b!tch!!

There it is, bend over folks. No Vaseline.

He taking it up the ass.

If I am Brady I want my immediate release.

"Dear NFL, yeah, we cheated. Oops" - Bob Kraft.

40 years of love and support just got flushed down the shitter.

I hope he moves the whole thing to LA at this point

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Report: Belichick never believed Brady on deflation issue

Posted by Mike Florio on May 22, 2015

The popular theory regarding the somewhat surprising decision of the Patriots to not appeal the punishments imposed against the team by the NFL is that owner Robert Kraft and Commissioner Roger Goodell struck some sort of a behind-the-scenes deal, possibly one that entails reducing the four-game suspension imposed on quarterback Tom Brady. But there’s another theory that is simpler, both on the surface and beneath.

Maybe the Patriots just caved because they knew they couldn’t win and they didn’t want to do more damage to their relationship with their 31 business partners and the presiding body that binds them together.

Appearing recently on CSN New England’s Sports Tonight, Ron Borges of the Boston Herald offered up a tidbit that fits with the theory that the Patriots abandoned a fight they knew: (1) they wouldn’t win; and (2) would make things worse.

“[Coach Bill] Belichick never believed [Brady’s] story, from what I was told,” Borges said. “Because they all know. Why do you think all those retired quarterbacks, the Troy Aikmans of the world — Troy Aikman is about as nice a guy as I’ve ever met in football — nobody’s backed [Brady]. Nobody, not a single guy. Why do you think that is? Because they hate Brady? No. Because they’re not stupid. They know nothing’s done with those balls that the quarterback doesn’t want done.”

That’s pretty much what Brady said back in January, during that awkward are-you-a-cheater?-I-don’t-believe-so press conference that few found credible.

“When I pick those footballs out, at that point, to me, they’re perfect. I don’t want anyone touching the balls after that, I don’t want anyone rubbing them, putting any air in, taking any air out, to me those balls are perfect and that’s what I expect when I’m on the field,” Brady said.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...flation-issue/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Belichick is smart. He knows when to move away from the smoking gun.

Cool story. I don't for a second believe that the biggest micromanager in the league (Belichick) didn't know what was going on the whole time. If someone so much as farts in Gillette Stadium he knows about it, but he had no clue about any of this?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sounds like Brady could possibly play against the Steelers if Goodell holds up the suspension and Brady in turn gets an injunction to play immediately while taking legal action...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Robert Kraft surrenders in a battle he couldn’t win

By Dan Shaughnessy GLOBE COLUMNIST

SAN FRANCISCO — Gone was all the bluster from Bob Kraft’s Super Bowl press conference when he demanded an apology from the NFL. We heard none of the throwdown rhetoric from Kraft’s defiant interview with Peter King that was released Monday.

There was no fight left in Kraft when he stood behind a podium just after 10 a.m. Pacific time, on the second floor of a swank hotel at the NFL’s spring meetings Tuesday.

“I don’t want to continue the rhetoric that’s gone on for the last four months,’’ said a somber Kraft. “I’m going to accept, reluctantly, what he [commissioner Roger Goodell] has given to us and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric, and we won’t appeal.’’

Boo. Kraft caved. He took the (gulp) high road. And then he took no questions. He wimped out, and left combative Patriot fans spitting out pieces of their broken luck. He chose to honor the NFL Shield. He opted to keep his seat at Goodell’s head table. Or maybe (best case for Patriot fans) Kraft cut a deal with the commissioner and managed to get Tom Brady’s four-game suspension reduced.

If Brady’s entire punishment is stricken from the record, Patriots fans might be able to turn this into a victory, but anything short of that makes Kraft’s capitulation a big loss for the New England franchise.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft cited a desire to end “the rhetoric that’s gone on for the last four months.”

The battle is over, Patriot fans. And the war has been lost. The Patriots have been found to have cheated twice in eight seasons. They have accepted the loss of first-round draft picks twice in eight seasons. They have accepted the biggest fine in NFL history.

Despite their 20,000-word rebuttal to the Wells Report, and their continued public position that they did nothing wrong, the Patriots have chosen not to fight. Kraft is never going to get the apology he demanded when he arrived at the Super Bowl. Instead, he goes down in sports history as a somewhat tragic figure — a guy who presided over a franchise that won (at least) four Super Bowls, but was caught cheating twice.

to read rest of article:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...?event=event25

In New England, we know that this decorated team has won its championships on merit and smarts, but the tarnish of a second cheating scandal will stick with the franchise. The legion of haters (jealous folks who have been getting their butts kicked for 15 years) will always have a hammer to use against the four-ring champs from Foxborough.
    I swear, they're like a cult.

Repeating the tired "The Pats did nothing wrong and everyone who thinks they did is just a jealous hater" mantra (lie) over and over and over and over and over again won't make it true.

New England’s “Wells Report in Context,’’ did not play well around the country. Maybe it was a blunder to sell the preposterous notion that “The Deflator” was just an overweight guy trying to drop a few pounds.
    MAYBE? MAYBE?

Chalk up Mr. Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe as another Kool-Aid drinking brainwashee in desperate need of electroshock therapy.

A note to Dan Shaughnessy: YOUR TEAM CHEATED. THE QB WHOSE NUTSACK YOUR LIPS ARE SURGICALLY ATTACHED TO ALSO CHEATED. DEAL ALREADY.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I think the league has to come down harder on guys like Brady and Belichick. They are repeat offenders, I think both of them should be suspended for at least half the season. I mean, a Sean Payton gets a full year suspension for some bounties, guys like Rice and Peterson are suspended for almost a full season (yeah, not officially, but practically) and when someone tries to manipulate the game itself he only gets four games? Come on. Brady has shown that he gives a fuck about the integrity of the game and he deserves to be punished hard for this. As it comes to Belichick, that guy knows everything that is going on in Foxboro. No way he wasn't aware of what happened and he's done things like that multiple times.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Tom Brady suspended for 4 games, huh ? Why does the word 'pre-season' come to mind when I hear 4 games ?!
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Junior Member Array title="HinesWardHOF is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    Tom Brady suspended for 4 games, huh ? Why does the word 'pre-season' come to mind when I hear 4 games ?!
    well if brady is suspended for 4 games of the pre season then bell would be suspended for 3 pre season games .. and thats gonna happen.. the suspension is for reg season games not PS..

HINES

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HinesWardHOF View Post
    well if brady is suspended for 4 games of the pre season then bell would be suspended for 3 pre season games .. and thats gonna happen.. the suspension is for reg season games not PS..

HINES

I guess sarcasm and facetiousness are missed on some people.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    I guess sarcasm and facetiousness are missed on some people.
    How dare you use a word over 7 letters on a message board...

Robert Kraft still hopeful Tom Brady will play Week One

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 9, 2015

Patriots owner Robert Kraft still thinks his team may have Tom Brady on the field for the Thursday, September 10 opener.

Asked today about Brady appealing his four-game suspension, Kraft wouldn’t go into specifics, but he indicated that he believes it’s still possible that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell could overturn that suspension entirely.

“We’re part of a system and we’ll follow the rules, and it’s our hope that opening game here, we’ll have the privilege of having everyone who deserves to be on the field starting that game. I know that’s what our fans want and that’s what we want,” Kraft said.

Would Goodell really change a four-game suspension to a zero-game suspension? That would be a major departure from Goodell’s longstanding reputation as a commissioner who rules with an iron fist. But it’s what Kraft is hoping will happen when Goodell hears Brady’s appeal in two weeks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...play-week-one/

Would Goodell really change a four-game suspension to a zero-game suspension? That would be a major departure from Goodell’s longstanding reputation as a commissioner who rules with an iron fist.
    Since when? Goodell is a spineless puppet and what's more, he's also Kraft's lapdog. Always has been.

I have no doubt he'll play. That was the concession Goodell made to Kraft during their little meeting. It also explains the complete 180 Kraft made over the situation.

I can hear the B.S. explanation already:

"In light of the fact that Tommy has shown remorse and contrition, and has demonstrated that he has learned his lesson, and has crossed his heart and hoped to die in promising me he'll never ever do it again in a billion years, I'm waiving his suspension entirely."

As I've said all along I'll believe he's suspended when I see Garoppolo starting on opening night.

Agree. I'll believe it when I see it.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I have believed all along that the suspension would not be held up. Go to Hell has said as much when he talked about the investigation just a few weeks back.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

What suspension? Goodhell's fake NFL fans don't want Janeane Garafalo playing QB in the overhyped opening game when all the festivities would be spoiled without Marsha there.

New England Patriots to sign QB Matt Flynn

By Marc Sessler
    Around the NFL Writer
    Published: June 11, 2015

The Patriots still don't know if Tom Brady's four-game suspension will stick, but they aren't waiting around to find out.

The team on Thursday will sign veteran backup Matt Flynn, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation. Flynn will join a quarterback room that expects to start second-year passer Jimmy Garoppolo against the Steelers come Week 1.

ESPN first reported the news, and the Patriots announced Thursday they've released quarterback Garrett Gilbert.

Flynn has spent six of his seven NFL seasons in Green Bay, but the Packers made no effort to re-sign him this offseason. Green Bay saw more to work with in Scott Tolzien, but the Patriots aren't looking for a savior. Flynn is a hard-working veteran who gives New England another camp arm.

It's been years, though, since Flynn has produced positive game tape, largely because his arm strength has spiraled into the abyss. That said, the free-agent market for veteran arms is a graveyard, leaving Flynn as the top choice of a very mediocre bunch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-qb-matt-flynn

I guess cheaters can prosper...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I guess cheaters can prosper...

Yeah, but he dances like a dweeb and I hate him so, so much.

Funny how we are still waiting on the appeal...