Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Tom Brady be suspended for opening game versus Steelers?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Will Tom Brady be suspended for opening game versus Steelers?

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Do I think Bellicheat knew nothing of this? Hell no. But he insulated himself well enough to have plausible deniability, so like it or not I think he comes out of this unscathed.

Brady on the other hand is implicated implicitly by the two clubhouse attendants texts. I will link them later. Anyway this wasn't confined to one game. This gave him a competitive advantage. He truthfully should be banned for a season. But he wont be. I'm still guessing a fine. The league doesn't want to lose a marquee player for their showcase season opener. Even though truth be told LeVeon Bell is probably a more likely MVP candidate at this point than Brady, and Goodell had no problem suspending him for the season opener.
    Like cheating your way into a Super Bowl???????????******

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    I don't know. I'm sure I am naive, but this is the second time the Pats have been caught blatantly cheating, or at least flagrantly bending the rules to their favor. Just how far will or can Goodell go to protect them without seriously losing respect and authority? There must be a limit to his hubris, there has to be a line somewhere. Talk about harming the shield. Players, and coaches too, have been fined and suspended for much less. Sean Payton was suspended for a whole season over Bountygate just because he was head coach and thus should have known about everything going on with his team, whether he approved or was involved or not. Lots of eyes watching this, and 31 other teams waiting to see how this goes down, and I'm sure lots of people are angry. I think too it speaks volumes that my mother - who knows nothing about football and couldn't possibly care less about it - was speaking intelligently about DeflateGate at the time. This transcends just the sports world. We should know within days, according to the reports, so we shall see.
    The fans and the other 31 teams should use this to get Belicheat suspended along with shady brady. Will it Happen??? Hells no!!!

I have barely heard any outrage from the media on this and so that tells me all I need to know. There will be no suspension.

Here is another point to take into affect. Sean Peyton was suspended on nothing more than allegations just like Ben. Nothing on Bountygate was ever proven to the point that even ex commissioner tagliboo had to tell "go to hell" godel to back off.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

In a another site, I saw a pats fan show this link to defend his team

http://yourteamcheats.com/PIT

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Former Saints coach Jim Haslett accused the '70s Steelers of being "the ones who kind of started" steroid use in the NFL.

Said Haslett: "It started, really, in Pittsburgh. They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger (in the) '70s, late '70s, early '80s.

Which, for about the millionth time, is an absolute, unmitigated crock of shit: Pumped-up pioneers: the '63 Chargers

But yeah, let's take the word of an "authority" on the subject like Haslett - a guy who played LB for the Bills...IN THE 1980s.

ZOMG! Look at them juiced up monsters! Oh, the humanity!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Rich Eisen's out on twitter tonight defending the goldenboy. You know the majority of the sporting press will circle the wagons to protect douche bag Tom.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Rich Eisen's out on twitter tonight defending the goldenboy. You know the majority of the sporting press will circle the wagons to protect douche bag Tom.
    Which is why he won't be suspended. Hell, I'll be surprised if he's even fined.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I hope Brady will be suspended, but doubt he will be. I think it's high time an example is made out of this "golden boy." He isn't a golden boy at all, but we already knew that. I agree with those who have stated Belichick was also aware of what was going on. That was evident when he threw Brady under the bus. He needs to be made an example of, as well. As far as Kraft is concerned, I really don't know if he was aware of anything or not. Meh.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What was he weather like that Colts/Pats game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Eisen was Brady's fok-buddy at U of Michigan. His opinions don't count.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Steelers Opener Against Patriots Being Pulled From Betting Boards
    now that's more than gossip

It appears Las Vegas is ready for some sort of NFL discipline on Tom Brady

“Basically, we closed all games involving Patriots until we get a better understanding of what’s going on”. “Minutes before we closed the Week 1 line, we took a flurry of bets on Steelers +6.5.”

The line for a Patriots-Steelers game without Brady would be a pick ’em

http://nesn.com/2015/05/report-patri...-wells-report/

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

easy answer......HELL NO ! No football authority would ever suspend a precious patsie player...especially Marsha.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Rich Eisen's out on twitter tonight defending the goldenboy.
    suck it Eisen

Hilarious!

NFL's best QB ever now a man named T*m Br*dy

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/t...pension-050615

----------------------

Week 1. Bring on the Jimmy Garoppolo era!

Wouldn't it be nice if Florio is right for once

Suspension of Tom Brady seems unavoidable

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-unavoidable/

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Brady's agent now saying NFL and Colts perpetrated a "sting" operation

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...disappointment

Brady dad saying that he's a victim of "FrameGate"

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...-nfl-framegate

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I was listening to Colin Cowherd this morning. Colin is a huge Taperiots apologist. He loves Tom Brady. Know that... and listen to what Colon said.

Colin used an analogy (paraphrased):
    "When I was 5 years old, we were at a convenience store, and there was a tray of penny toys. When we got home, my mother saw me with the toy and asked if I had taken it from the store. I replied, 'No.' My mother took me back to the store, and made me apologize. Truthfully, the store owner did not really care about losing a penny nor the toy; my mother was upset because I had LIED.

The cover up is worse than the crime.

Tom Brady will get a one-game suspension for the act, but he will also get a three-game suspension for lying
    ."

LMAO!

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Which, for about the millionth time, is an absolute, unmitigated crock of shit: Pumped-up pioneers: the '63 Chargers

But yeah, let's take the word of an "authority" on the subject like Haslett - a guy who played LB for the Bills...IN THE 1980s.

ZOMG! Look at them juiced up monsters! Oh, the humanity!

Not to mention the fact that steroids were not banned by the NFL at the time.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    Brady's agent now saying NFL and Colts perpetrated a "sting" operation

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...disappointment

Well, if you can't believe Tom Brady's agent, who the hell CAN you believe?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post

• "I don't have any doubt about my son's integrity -- not one bit," Brady Sr. told the paper. "In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty. It just seems Tommy is now guilty until proven innocent."

Um, no, Tommy Sr. An investigation was conducted and Tommy Jr. was found guilty.

My father, who is a very wise man, once told my brother that if a man doesn't have his name, he has nothing. The name Brady is now nothing... Nothing but a lying cheat.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Mercellus Wiley, former NFL player/ESPN personality – 8 games
    Colin Cowherd, ESPN Radio host/blowhard – 4 games
    Michael Wilbon, ESPN commentator/former journalist/columnist – 3-4 games
    Michael Smith, ESPN – 4 games
    Jemele Hill, ESPN – no suspension, a fine at most
    Tyler Duffy, The Big Lead – 1-2 games
    Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com – at least 1 game
    Bob Kravitz, WTHR.com – 2-4 games

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

You know, it all means jack and squat since they had the information, and then let him go ahead and compete in the Super Bowl anyway. Stick another * next to the Pat's. A regular season game without Brady will give them a probable loss, but at the wrong end of the season.

Dissolv

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well since the media is not making this top news, this will blow over and he may get a fine. If it was most any other player, it would be a media shit storm, people would be rioting and burning things, some new # would be coined for the movement that was starting, there would be class action lawsuits on lost bets . . .

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Michael Vick lied to Arthur Blank about the dogs and Blank got rid of him. I bet Belichick knew all about the deflation, but I don't think it's such a big deal. They should suspend Brady for lying as stated above and change the rule or expand the range the ball can be inflated.

Don't you think as long as everybody can do it that the balls should be inflated to what QBs like best?
    Last edited by ALLD; 05-07-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    All Defense!

not sure if serious

@AdamSchefter
    Some "more-probable-than-not", opening-night starters in Foxboro:
    NE QB: Jimmy Garoppolo
    NE RB: Jonas Gray
    PITT RB: DeAngelo Williams.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Michael Vick lied to Arthur Blank about the dogs and Blank got rid of him. I bet Belichick know all about the deflation, but I don't think it's such a big deal. They should suspend Brady for lying and stated above and change the rule or expand the range the ball can be inflated.

Don't you think as long as everybody can do it that the balls should be inflated to what QBs like best?
    The thing about deflating the balls is that if you deflate a ball in cold wet weather, it's actually a disadvantage. The ball becomes weighted and doesn't spin as well as an inflated ball. It becomes more like throwing a wet nerf football. If anything, you'd want the ball over inflated in that kind of weather and I think it was wet during that game?

Of course, maybe Brady feels more comfortable throwing that type of ball there...

Could be why they ran so much?

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

I do not get it...they are cheaters. This is not the first time. Very classless. This needs to be more than a slap on the wrist IMHO.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polamalu Princess View Post
    I do not get it...they are cheaters. This is not the first time. Very classless. This needs to be more than a slap on the wrist IMHO.
    It definitely should not stop at Brady. I hope the press comes down hard on Godell if he tries to go soft. I think Sean Payton should hold the whip and flog Godell in public.

Belichick shouldnt get off without punishment either and neither should Kraft...