Thread: Lafayette star RB Scheuerman is headed to the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Lafayette star RB Scheuerman is headed to the Steelers

Proud to say I signed with the Pittsburg Steelers!!
    — Ross Scheuerman (@RossScheuerman)

Scheuerman was a four-time all-Patriot League selection at tailback and finished his career with 3,504 yards rushing and 31 touchdowns. He also had 129 receptions for 1,129 yards and eight TDs.

Many of the draft experts and scouting services project him more as a slot receiver in the NFL.

That was of no matter to Scheuerman as he processed all that transpired early Saturday. There will be time to sort out his position. All he wants to do is prove he's got NFL talent.

"It's all kind of surreal to me right now," he said.

Growing up in Creamridge, N.J., Scheuerman said he has never been a Steelers fan.

"I always liked the organization and what they had going on," Scheuerman said. "Now I'm happy to be apart of them."

Scheuerman, listed at six-foot and 204 pounds, said that he and his agent spoke with the Steelers during the process.

Scheuerman didn't talk with head coach Mike Tomlin, but did have a conversation with the Steelers running backs coach James Saxon.

"He called me directly during the draft and said they were thinking about me for one of their later-round picks, and if not, they wanted to sign me," Scheuerman said. "I talked to the Steelers at the NFL Combine and they saw me play at the [NFLPA Collegiate Bowl] all-star game that I was in.

"But they weren't one of the teams that had expressed the most interest in me. Before the draft started, the Colts and the Eagles were the ones who were most interested."

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football...503-story.html

------------------

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Re: Lafayette star RB Scheuerman is headed to the Steelers

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Slot WR, if his hands are good.
    Hater = Realist

He looks more NFL-ready than Dri to me!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    He looks more NFL-ready than Dri to me!
    I don't know what they were smoking when they drafted the cake topper.
    All Defense!

Slot WR, if his hands are good.

versatility too

With the lack of depth on the team at RB who knows, he looks like he can run the ball to me, there could be a roster spot at least on the PS this year.

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

A lot of people like the signing of this young man.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

It's PittsburgH. Hope he can supplant the superstar Dri Archer.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    It's PittsburgH. Hope he can supplant the superstar Dri Archer.
    He corrected the tweet a few minutes later. One person must have corrected him.

It's PittsburgH.
    hahahahaha

Isn't he a Jersey boy?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I would take him over Archer without seeing him touch an NFL practice field...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post

Proud to say I signed with the Pittsburg Steelers!!
    — Ross Scheuerman (@RossScheuerman)

Scheuerman was a four-time all-Patriot League selection at tailback and finished his career with 3,504 yards rushing and 31 touchdowns. He also had 129 receptions for 1,129 yards and eight TDs.

Many of the draft experts and scouting services project him more as a slot receiver in the NFL.

That was of no matter to Scheuerman as he processed all that transpired early Saturday. There will be time to sort out his position. All he wants to do is prove he's got NFL talent.

"It's all kind of surreal to me right now," he said.

Growing up in Creamridge, N.J., Scheuerman said he has never been a Steelers fan.

"I always liked the organization and what they had going on," Scheuerman said. "Now I'm happy to be apart of them."

Scheuerman, listed at six-foot and 204 pounds, said that he and his agent spoke with the Steelers during the process.

Scheuerman didn't talk with head coach Mike Tomlin, but did have a conversation with the Steelers running backs coach James Saxon.

"He called me directly during the draft and said they were thinking about me for one of their later-round picks, and if not, they wanted to sign me," Scheuerman said. "I talked to the Steelers at the NFL Combine and they saw me play at the [NFLPA Collegiate Bowl] all-star game that I was in.

"But they weren't one of the teams that had expressed the most interest in me. Before the draft started, the Colts and the Eagles were the ones who were most interested."

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football...503-story.html

------------------

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Did someone send this list to Arians and Whis yet? They probably have these guys' houses staked out.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Hopefully he can bump Archer off the team.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

John Kuhn v2.0.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    John Kuhn v2.0.
    A little early to compare him to a HOFer....

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Can he return KOs? That's why Archer was brought in originally. Speed equals field position. Just didn't/hasn't worked out for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Just basing it on color. Nothing more...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Can he return KOs? That's why Archer was brought in originally. Speed equals field position. Just didn't/hasn't worked out for whatever reason.
    Hasn't worked because the wind blows him over coming out of the end zone. This is the guy who never made it to the 20-Yard Line...remember?

Just basing it on color. Nothing more...lol

Hasn't worked because the wind blows him over coming out of the end zone. This is the guy who never made it to the 20-Yard Line...remember?
    Of course, no one was making it to the 20 when he was replaced... and even after he was replaced. Then, when the blocking got better, Archer was never given the chance to get back there again. I'd be interested in seeing what he can do when he at least gets a couple of blocks before I'm interested in tossing him from the team.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Not only a HoFer, the GOAT...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

As everyone knows, Archer is a wasted pick....The kickoff return in the nfl are gone since the nfl has advanced the kickoff of 5 yards

Archer is not a good WR or RB, so if Haley thinks to use Archer 5-6 touch per game, it will do many drive killer for this team....This offense does not need a gadget player...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    As everyone knows, Archer is a wasted pick....The kickoff return in the nfl are gone since the nfl has advanced the kickoff of 5 yards

Archer is not a good WR or RB, so if Haley thinks to use Archer 5-6 touch per game, it will do many drive killer for this team....This offense does not need a gadget player...
    They used him properly once in preseason. They got him into the flat, threw him the ball, he made 1 move and he was gone for 45-50 yards. Never saw them deploy a similar play with Archer again. Giving him a hand off and asking him to go up the gut is about as insane as can be.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

They used him properly once in preseason. They got him into the flat, threw him the ball, he made 1 move and he was gone for 45-50 yards. Never saw them deploy a similar play with Archer again. Giving him a hand off and asking him to go up the gut is about as insane as can be.
    I think that he was a wasted pick in the 3rd round but I agree, he wasn't used properly either. We already spent the pick so we might as well at least see what he can or can't do.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The problem, I do not think Haley knows how to use a player like that.....I hope to be wrong on Archer too

The Steelers also have a lot of talent to the offense, so the steelers not need a gadget players....The best opportunity for Archer will be in the first 3 games without Le'Veon Bell