Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers select DL Anthony Chickillo with their 6th Rd Comp Pick (212)

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Steelers select DL Anthony Chickillo with their 6th Rd Comp Pick (212)

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...c-49dbb0340097

Steelers saying he'll be an outside linebacker/pass rusher.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers select DL Anthony Chickillo with their 6th Rd Comp Pick (212)

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Florida boy!
    All Defense!

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Late round DE trend:

cut
    cut
    cut
    Orpheus Roye
    cut
    cut
    cut
    Aaron Smith
    cut
    cut
    cut
    Brett Keisel
    cut
    cut
    cut
    (We're due)

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

high effort guy with a non-stop motor.

good value here at the end of the 6th...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He should be an OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

6(212) Pittsburgh Steelers: Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami: A Grade

The best teams get better in the draft because the "lesser" organizations do stupid things. How did Anthony Chickillo fall to the Steelers at the end of Round 6? I had him atop the fourth frame, as Chickillo was both productive at Miami and also athletic at the Combine. He should be able to make the roster.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldra...AVrD8WC881a.99

I noticed Colbert pronounced his name "Chick-ih-Low" in the presser...seems like it should be "Chi-key-o" ? Anybody know anything about it?

Ū Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

The best teams get better in the draft because the "lesser" organizations do stupid things. How did Anthony Chickillo fall to the Steelers at the end of Round 6? I had him atop the fourth frame, as Chickillo was both productive at Miami and also athletic at the Combine. He should be able to make the roster.

I think it depends on how many LBs they are going to keep. I don't think they will keep more than 9. Chickillo will probably by a practice squad player.

ILB:
    Timmons
    Spence
    Williams
    Shazier

OLB:
    Harrison
    J. Jones(If he shows nothing in pre-season I wonder if they will have the guts to cut him)
    Moats
    H. Jones(Chickillo could take his spot)
    Dupree
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="vrabinec is on a distinguished road"> vrabinec's Avatar

Last year McCullers intrigued me the most out of our late round picks. This year it's this guy. He's a thumper. Knocks the shit out of people. He looks like one of those Tedy Bruschi types who doesn't run all that fast, doesn't jump all that high, but hits like a truck when he gets there. Very interesting pick.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    I noticed Colbert pronounced his name "Chick-ih-Low" in the presser...seems like it should be "Chi-key-o" ? Anybody know anything about it?
    If he's hispanic, it should probably be Cheeck-ee-yo

I proclaim that he shall now be known as Chick-a-Boom.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I think it depends on how many LBs they are going to keep. I don't think they will keep more than 9. Chickillo will probably by a practice squad player.

ILB:
    Timmons
    Spence
    Williams
    Shazier

OLB:
    Harrison
    J. Jones(If he shows nothing in pre-season I wonder if they will have the guts to cut him)
    Moats
    H. Jones(Chickillo could take his spot)
    Dupree
    It wouldn't surprise me if Chickillo makes the team over Jones.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

I thought our last 3, maybe even 4, draft pick were going higher than they did. Got to take my hat off to the scouts this year.

AML

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Joey - "You gotta pressure the QB!"

Steelers outside linebackers coach discusses the team's Sixth Round Draft pick, Miami linebacker Anthony Chickillo.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/video...d-becb76581f5a

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Why do I all of a sudden want a chicken sandwich with waffle fries???

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    very close chee-kee-yo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    cuz you want somethin fried up an plated ? You bust me up man . Chee-key-yo. You need cheese brother man .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Oh i see you thought it was pronounced chickalow. That explains the hunger for cheekin an waffles .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

I is e and e is aye.O is Oh.Cheekeeyo. Thank my God as i know him that i remember a few lessons from senior louis from spain and was our spanish teacher. Salute Senior Louis !!!!!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

At 6-foot-3, 267 pounds, Chickillo can play at several spots on the front seven, which is good and bad -- he has versatility, but he could be stuck in between, without a defined identity in the league.

Chickillo was a favorite on the all-star-game circuit. Analyst Charles Davis called Chickillo an "absolute terror" in the East-West Shrine Game. Chickillo, a five-star recruit out of high school, had an underwhelming senior season, finishing with three sacks and 4.5 tackles for a loss in 13 games.

But it's been revealed through reports that he played through a torn meniscus, which should heal naturally. If the Steelers are comfortable that the injury explains the lack of production, a healthier player could show he's more than toughness and effort.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/168072/total-breakdown-steelers-draft-de-anthony-chickillo-in-sixth-round

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Oh i see you thought it was pronounced chickalow. That explains the hunger for cheekin an waffles .
    Would be a perfect name for a new chicken sandwich in Pittsburgh.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    BINGO!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I is e and e is aye.O is Oh.Cheekeeyo. Thank my God as i know him that i remember a few lessons from senior louis from spain and was our spanish teacher. Salute Senior Louis !!!!!!!
    Forget waffle fries.

Now im in the mood for pollo asado!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

BINGO!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Forget waffle fries.

Now im in the mood for pollo asado!!!
    I'm been in the mood to talk jive with Mrs. Cleaver since you joined this forum...

I'm been in the mood to talk jive with Mrs. Cleaver since you joined this forum...
    Lay'er down, and smack'em yack'em... Cold got to be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Would be a perfect name for a new chicken sandwich in Pittsburgh.
    You could be on to something . But you better jump now as we speak . Cheekinlow calorie sandwich. But you would have to spell it more closely to it's natural spelling.

- - - Updated - - -

You missed Mr Tyson i ducked .

Mrs Cleaver ain't goin no where on this Gods green earth, she's stayin in with me tah nite!!!! When i'm done , don't know how many days that will take , but then you can make your play .Don't be thinkin baad if she shuns ya away.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

For some reason I found this extremely funny. Maybe I'm just extremely tired tonight, but C-H-S is on a roll!

I'm just gonna call him Chicky. That solves it all.

I gots ta lay the law down on ta Senquez too. It's not quez at all. The proper pronounciation would be Sainkez .Not senquez as it reads .Q and U side by side is always pronounced as a k en espanol. Same goes with Vasquez too. Vaskez. Salute senior louis.LOOEEZE .