Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Select WR Sammie Coates With Their 3rd Round Pick (87) In 2015 NFL Draft

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Select WR Sammie Coates With Their 3rd Round Pick (87) In 2015 NFL Draft

With the 87th overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft the Steelers select Auburn WR Sammie Coates.

Draft Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...tes?id=2552470

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

Re: Steelers Select WR Sammie Coates With Their 3rd Round Pick (87) In 2015 NFL Draft

Must be a 'best player available' mindset with the FO since we're stacked at WR.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers Select WR Sammie Coates With Their 3rd Round Pick (87) In 2015 NFL Draft

We need a free safety, we still need a CB that isn't a dwarf, let's get a no. 4 WR!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Coates is a great value in the 3rd round!

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

This is stupid

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    You know, he seems to have some good upside. He seems to be raw, but with some good coaching, he might turn out to be a pretty good receiver.

It also makes me wonder what the team thinks of Marcus Wheaton.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Yep.
    Yesterday, Mayock' said he'd be a R1 pick, but he has poor hands. Mike Walkace, part II.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Steelers drafted replacement for Ike and his hands of stone.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    You know, he seems to have some good upside. He seems to be raw, but with some good coaching, he might turn out to be a pretty good receiver.

It also makes me wonder what the team thinks of Marcus Wheaton.
    Indeed... and, indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Steelers drafted replacement for Ike and his hands of stone.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yep.
    Yesterday, Mayock' said he'd be a R1 pick, but he has poor hands. Mike Walkace, part II.
    Not forget than Wallace was a very good receiver in the first 3 years with the steelers

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Not happy with this pick. A WR with stone hands? Yay.

Mel just said the EXACT same thing that Mayock said yesterday: "Would have been a R1 pick... but, poor hands."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Not forget than Wallace was a very good receiver in the first 3 years with the steelers
    Don't get me wrong: l'm one of the few who like Wallace.

Four years, 32 TDs. I'll take that again.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sweed? But can he block like Sweed?

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Our defense is gonna suck this year

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Has potential, but BAD pick. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

Hard to believe that they liked Coates that much over the guys immediately drafted after him, namely Danielle Hunter, Carl Davis, Henry Anderson, Jeff Heuerman, or Matt Jones.

Damnit Colbert.

EDIT: Another DAMMIT. There goes Steven Nelson.

NFL Network compared him to Bryant.

Size, speed, questionable hands

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, I would have preferred a TE or 2nd CB, but at least we got an OLB and CB in the first 2 rnds. Hopefully the CB can get some TOs and make some plays for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    Has potential, but BAD pick. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

Hard to believe that they Coates that much over the guys immediately drafted after him, namely Danielle Hunter, Carl Davis, Henry Anderson, Jeff Heuerman, or Matt Jones.
    That is the only part that gets me: I liked all of those players.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

ugh...wish we got steve nelson
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Solid pick, your one injury away from having Heyward Bey starting
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

interesting, all three of the Steelers first 3 selections are from the SEC...

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Thats funny

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    That's not.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

A clone of Martavis Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora -

Remember that the Steelers ran 11 personnel over 64% of the time last year. One injury and DHB is the #4. Why WR is important to them.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No joke. It's like deja vu.

I think Coates is a little stronger, but they seem very similar. I don't hate the player, but for a third round pick with who was on the board is frustrating as hell. I think they wanted PJ and then when Carter was picked they panicked. I dunno.

I recall watching Coates against Alabama maybe? and he was a monster. Has potential for sure. I sure hope he turns out to be good.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is there a rule against cloning? Why not just do that and save the third-round pick for something else.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

interesting, all three of the Steelers first 3 selections are from the SEC...
    Hopefully they don't all SUC.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant