Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Select CB Senquez Golson With Their 2nd Round Pick (56) In 2015 NFL Draft

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Select CB Senquez Golson With Their 2nd Round Pick (56) In 2015 NFL Draft

With the 56th overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft the Steelers select Mississippi CB Senquez Golson.

Draft Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...son?id=2552264

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers Select CB Senquez Golson With Their 2nd Round Pick (56) In 2015 NFL Draf

Better than nothing

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers Select CB Senquez Golson With Their 2nd Round Pick (56) In 2015 NFL Draf

I guy well schooled in zone and off man coverage. But so much for our need for a big db. Got us another midget that can't cover the big bodied receivers. Guess it was the best left after the run on Darby Rowe and collins
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Well. We never said what size we wanted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Would have much rather had PJ Williams and Alex Carter. This guy is too small, but at least it is better than nothing

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

What choice did they really have? The taller guys/guys they wanted were taken. Not much you can do when you're getting screwed over by other teams.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

we must kick the cardinals ass this year. f arians

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    What choice did they really have? The taller guys/guys they wanted were taken. Not much you can do when you're getting screwed over by other teams.
    You could spend a 5th Round pick and ensure you get the TE you are looking for instead of getting schooled by a scorned ex-coach and your arch-rival...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Would have much rather had PJ Williams and Alex Carter.
    Agree...

- - - Updated - - -

Lake said Golson has unusual ball skills. "If he were taller, teams would've jumped on him right away."

Only...he's not taller. He's short...soooooooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    You could spend a 5th Round pick and ensure you get the TE you are looking for instead of getting schooled by a scorned ex-coach and your arch-rival...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree...
    Look on the bright side, it prevented us from drafting a TE we didn't need before getting a CB

Member Array title="CaSteel is an unknown quantity at this point">

meh, this pick is a desperate attempt at solving big time Secondary woes and a 5'8 170lb guy is not near big enough to cover today's NFL receiver

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I'd rather have the CB at this point, personally, shrimp or no. That position has been WAY more neglected by this front office than TE.

Member Array title="CaSteel is an unknown quantity at this point">

Tom Brady is salivating at the chance to pass against the Steelers now more than ever

AJ Green is 6-4, Marlon Brown is 6-5, Marvin Jones is 6-2 and Breshad Perriman is 6-2.

versus a 5-8 CB.

- - - Updated - - -

Look on the bright side, it prevented us from drafting a TE we didn't need before getting a CB
    True...however, I feel like they panicked and drafted on "need" instead of drafting the best available player. They wanted Williams there and got worked by Arians and the Ravens. Typical...

Good thing is, none of us know how he'll turn out...

I feel like they could've gotten him in the 3rd.

we just drafted brice mccain in the 2nd round. hell yeah

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Would have much rather had PJ Williams and Alex Carter. This guy is too small, but at least it is better than nothing
    Yep. Don't like this pick. I'm done watching for tonight.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

So he'll play the slot. When William Gay is your best CB, you have to do something besides take a flyer on a 5th rounder...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I'm just feeling so underwhelmed. ....

Of the four TDs he gave up last year they were against receivers 6'4" or taller

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Cornerback?

Check.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

After reading of the negative posts on here, I'm reminded of these 2 guys.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Impossible! I thought everyone got fired because we didn't draft a CB this year!!
    FIRE EVERYONE!!!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

He's short, I get it. But I'm with FS'76 on this one. We need CB's and have needed them for years now. I'd rather this then wait until the 5th round on a guy who will probably get cut anyways (see last year).

someone post something good about this guy to make me feel better

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    He is a great ball skills

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    After reading of the negative posts on here, I'm reminded of these 2 guys.
    Spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

People were complaining about getting Maxx Williams.

Then, when Williams goes elsewhere, people complain that the Steelers didn't get him.

How do they manage to disappoint me and not get better at CB by selecting a CB in round 2? Really a 5'8 CB that will be a slot at best over Alex Carter? This draft fucking sucks ass!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Well. We never said what size we wanted.

That's what she said.

Junior Member Array title="Steel Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steel Warrior's Avatar

A 5'8" CB in this league? What a joke, what a waste of a draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    Mel Kiper called him the BEST pick of the ENTIRE draft.

Jason Varrett was arguably the best CB in last year's draft class. He's the same size as Golson.