Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers Select CB Senquez Golson With Their 2nd Round Pick (56) In 2015 NFL Draft

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Steelers Select CB Senquez Golson With Their 2nd Round Pick (56) In 2015 NFL Draf

And then there's this......

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers Select CB Senquez Golson With Their 2nd Round Pick (56) In 2015 NFL Draf

by Jim Wexell

At the end of the draft, Colbert summed up the picks this way:

* Dupree -- "I'm still excited about that pick."

* Golson -- "Senquez was targeted to be picked in the second round, without a doubt. We were going to come out of that round with a corner and that was never a discussion. In fact we tried to trade up to secure Senquez Golson. Just to set the record straight."

http://pit.scout.com/story/1543401-s...ded-draft?s=68

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    And then there's this......
    It looks like he has the jumping ability necessary to win some battles against taller receivers. That makes his height less of an issue

Senior Member Array title="vrabinec is on a distinguished road"> vrabinec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaSteel View Post
    Tom Brady is salivating at the chance to pass against the Steelers now more than ever
    Actually, Golson would help against the Pats because he's ideal to cover the Edelman types. But we're screwed against teams with big receivers unless 'Tez Allen pulls his head out of his ass.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    It looks like he has the jumping ability necessary to win some battles against taller receivers. That makes his height less of an issue
    His vertical at the combine was 33 1/2", which isn't very good. Maybe they needed to put a ball up at the top of the measuring sticks?

For comparison, Coates has a 41" vertical and Dupree has a 42" vertical. For CB, Byron Jones, Kevin Johnson, Ronald Darby, P.J. Williams & Alex Carter all have at least a 40" vertical.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
    Actually, Golson would help against the Pats because he's ideal to cover the Edelman types. But we're screwed against teams with big receivers unless 'Tez Allen pulls his head out of his ass.
    Actually, it was Gronkowski who absolutely killed us when we played the Pats last time - it was almost like LeBeau threw his hands up in the air and wasn't even bothering cover him with anybody. Hopefully, Shazier can help with that.

Senior Member Array title="vrabinec is on a distinguished road"> vrabinec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Actually, it was Gronkowski who absolutely killed us when we played the Pats last time - it was almost like LeBeau threw his hands in the air and wasn't even bothering to have him covered. Hopefully, Shazier can help with that.
    Shazier and Mitchell on Gronk, eh? Why does that not put my mind at ease?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
    Shazier and Mitchell on Gronk, eh? Why does that not put my mind at ease?
    Both of them were hurt last year. Shazier had injury on top of rookieness and Mitchell had not one but TWO groin tears.

This is new year. I'm looking forward to seeing last year's draft theme of "speed" come to maturity. Can't wait to see this year's "turnover" theme catch up and marry last year's "speed" theme. #thatsmyplanandimstickingtoit

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    His vertical at the combine was 33 1/2", which isn't very good. Maybe they needed to put a ball up at the top of the measuring sticks?

For comparison, Coates has a 41" vertical and Dupree has a 42" vertical. For CB, Byron Jones, Kevin Johnson, Ronald Darby, P.J. Williams & Alex Carter all have at least a 40" vertical.
    There is a lot of truth to that statement. On the field timing is often more important than height, along with knowing where the ball is. This young man looks to be very good at both.

AML

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Both of them were hurt last year. Shazier had injury on top of rookieness and Mitchell had not one but TWO groin tears.

This is new year. I'm looking forward to seeing last year's draft theme of "speed" come to maturity. Can't wait to see this year's "turnover" theme catch up and marry last year's "speed" theme. #thatsmyplanandimstickingtoit
    Yeah, well, I guess we'll see about Mitchell. Shazier's gonna line up on the opposite side, so you're probably more likely to see Dupree or Moats try to cover Gronk, which is where Mitchell comes in. The thing about groin tears, they have a tendency to recur. Shark's too short to cover him, and so are our corners except 'Tez. It's incredible how much of our season next year hinges on Mitchell's groin and 'Tez's head.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    There is a lot of truth to that statement. On the field timing is often more important than height, along with knowing where the ball is. This young man looks to be very good at both.
    Definitely. It was said only half way in jest. Some players just flat out play their measurables when they're on the field.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    If we have to depend on a CB to tackle RBs on a regular basis, we're kinda fucked anyway...
    Good one hoss. Blame it then on the MACH V . LOL:
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

I think we should have all linebackers on our defense 11 linebackers .What a concept . Just kiddin man 11 cornerbacks that play linebacker that play the defensive line and can DROP THE QB ON HIS BACK .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

James C Wexell @jimwexell -

I liked this Steelers draft because I really like Senquez Golson.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell