Thread: Report: Steelers looking to move up in second round

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Report: Steelers looking to move up in second round

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Steelers are one of the teams trying to move up to a higher pick on Friday night. The Steelers currently hold the 56th pick in the second round and have six more picks in their pocket in later rounds.

The Titans are taking calls on the 33rd pick and it’s safe to assume that the other teams at the top of the second round are or will be fielding inquiries as teams try to snatch up players that didn’t go on Thursday night.

Schefter doesn’t have any details on who the Steelers might be targeting in a trade, although it wouldn’t be surprising if they want to add more defensive pieces. Cornerback is a particular need for the team and they visited with several of them before the draft, including the still undrafted LSU’s Jalen Collins and Ohio State’s Doran Grant.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-second-round/

----------------------------------

Here we go!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Report: Steelers looking to move up in second round

This pick will need to be great if the Steelers made this trade up

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Eric Rowe...

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Who do they want that will definitely not be there at 56 and warrants a trade all the way up to 33? The media is automatically assuming Landon Collins...I hope to God not. Jalen Collins or Eric Rowe are guys they're high on.

Unfortunately I think it could be a WR...Jalen Strong.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

I can see them moving up, but not all the way to 33. Is Schefter drunk?

Who could we want that bad?

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

There should be a quality pick available when the steelers pick they need to stay put. we need all the picks we can get.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    The media is automatically assuming Landon Collins...I hope to God not.
    I'm curious... why not Landon Collins?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    I can see them moving up, but not all the way to 33. Is Schefter drunk?

Who could we want that bad?
    San Diego really wants picks... although, their spot isn't very far to trade up to.

I'm assuming that it is someone the Steelers were considered taking at 22... and someone who should have gone in R1... and, adding A & B: that someone is probably Landin Collins.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It sounds like there are several solid CB's left on the board.

So personally, I think that trading up only makes sense if / when they feel there is only one top tier CB left before there is a considerable drop off in talent.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I could be jaded, but I'm not a fan. It seems to me we already have Landon Collins on the roster-- his name is Mike Mitchell. I get the Kam Chanceller comparisons, but if we're drafting a safety, (would prefer a CB or two) we need a cover safety.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    It sounds like there are several solid CB's left on the board.

So personally, I think that trading up only makes sense if / when they feel there is only one top tier CB left before there is a considerable drop off in talent.
    I agree.

Thus, that tells me that they're not targeting a CB. It must be a player at a position with only a few prospects available.

The speculation builds!

Report: Steelers interested in trading up to No. 33 in 2015 NFL Draft

Some possible choices include Utah's Eric Rowe or LSU's Jalen Collins, two big, physical corners that were mentioned as possible first-round talents in the weeks leading up to Thursday's draft. The bigger question: Is moving up worth it?

The Steelers traded up in the fourth round of the 2013 draft to take safety Shamarko Thomas, and it cost them a 2014 third-round pick. Thomas has battled injuries but he'll get a chance to start this season. Still, questions remain, so much so that there was plenty of pre-draft speculation that the Steelers might take Alabama safety Landon Collins at No. 22.

In addition to picks, Pittsburgh could also ship linebackers Vince Williams or Sean Spenceto Tennessee in order to move to the front of the line on Friday night. Details via Dale Lolley of the Observer-Reporter:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25170550/report-steelers-interested-in-trading-up-to-no-33-in-2015-nfl-draft

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    I could be jaded, but I'm not a fan. It seems to me we already have Landon Collins on the roster-- his name is Mike Mitchell. I get the Kam Chanceller comparisons, but if we're drafting a safety, (would prefer a CB or two) we need a cover safety.
    Persinally, I agree. I'd rather go with Shamarko & Mitchell.

But, if the Steelers drafted Shazier, when they already had Timmonsv Willians, & Spence... it wouldn't surpruse me if they added Landin Collins (despite already being deep at that position).

- - - Updated - - -

The speculation builds!

Report: Steelers interested in trading up to No. 33 in 2015 NFL Draft

Some possible choices include Utah's Eric Rowe or LSU's Jalen Collins, two big, physical corners that were mentioned as possible first-round talents in the weeks leading up to Thursday's draft. The bigger question: Is moving up worth it?

The Steelers traded up in the fourth round of the 2013 draft to take safety Shamarko Thomas, and it cost them a 2014 third-round pick. Thomas has battled injuries but he'll get a chance to start this season. Still, questions remain, so much so that there was plenty of pre-draft speculation that the Steelers might take Alabama safety Landon Collins at No. 22.

In addition to picks, Pittsburgh could also ship linebackers Vince Williams or Sean Spenceto Tennessee in order to move to the front of the line on Friday night. Details via Dale Lolley of the Observer-Reporter:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25170550/report-steelers-interested-in-trading-up-to-no-33-in-2015-nfl-draft
    Oooohhh... trading Spence would be a GREAT idea.

Who's in Tennessee who already knows those ILBers? Richard LeBeau

Fatten up the deal with trade bait and see. we got spares - how much is Jarvis worth?

It must be a player at a position with only a few prospects available.
    or BPA

go get Randy Gregory and forget about the red flags if you want BPA

he did visit the Steelers

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-s...burgh-steelers

or BPA

go get Randy Gregory and forget about the red flags if you want BPA

he did visit the Steelers

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-s...burgh-steelers
    That would be crazy... possible, but crazy. They dont need another OLB; they're set.

Schefter said it that it's rumored to be for Maxx Williams. Now, THAT would be crazy. I like Williams as a possibility at 56, but I certainly would NOT trade up for him.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

- - - Updated - - -
    Landon Collins is a strong safety and we already have that in Shamarko Thomas plus I think Mike Mitchell is more of an in-the-box safety himself. Pittsburgh needs more of a free-safety

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Landon Collins is a strong safety and we already have that in Shamarko Thomas plus I think Mike Mitchell is more of an in-the-box safety himself. Pittsburgh needs more of a free-safety
    Yep.

(See: post #12)

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Gotta figure it is one of the "big" corners in Collins or Rowe. After those two, the other prospects start getting smaller quicker. Thanks to Seattle, everyone wants big tall filled out DBs.

If the trade could be Steelers #2 and Steelers #5 and a player -- that would be great almost no matter who the player is.

Here is an off the wall idea -- they are going to get a LT.

Schefter said it that it's rumored to be for Maxx Williams. Now, THAT would be crazy. I like Williams as a possibility at 56, but I certainly would NOT trade up for him.
    yeah, I saw that too but figured Schefter was sniffing glue again

it makes no sense

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

it makes no sense
    Exactly. NFW should we move up to take a TE and ignore CB once again.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

it makes no sense
    I know that they want a TE, but Williams could be there at 56.

It HAS to be a smokescreen... in case the trade doesn't go through.

If if it does go through, it HAS to be Landon Collins.