Thread: Steelers’ worn path not working out

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers’ worn path not working out

Alvin Dupree, or Bud, as he’s been known since he was big enough to tell kids to stop calling him Alvin, sounds like a sensationally nice kid.
    He’s also a superb athletic specimen at 6 feet 4, 264 pounds, with speed and strength and, per his performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, he can long-jump from here to Long Island.

So yeah, maybe, just maybe the Steelers got a good one.

Maybe Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin will come up roses for investing their first-round pick in the NFL Draft last night, No. 22 overall, on this highly decorated outside linebacker from the University of Kentucky, and maybe Colbert will be vindicated eventually for declaring to us assembled media afterward, “This is a gift for us” and “We didn’t expect him to be there at 22,” or Tomlin for describing Dupree as a “unique animal.”

But for right now, I’ll stand safely alongside what’s presumably the bulk of the Nation as a whole and wonder aloud exactly how long the linebacker position will be prioritized before this the cosmic black hole that the defensive secondary has become.

I’ll just let it out: I’m sick of linebackers.............

Read more @ http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015...lers-top-pick/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers’ worn path not working out

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Won't someone PLEASE think of the children!

It is called a "draft class" for a reason. The Steelers wanted one of the "big" corners based on the raw size of the dudes who visited. Weird, they are all still on the board.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Won't someone PLEASE think of the children!

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

imagine how the Benglas fans feel about their pick

Waste of a pick

Fuck. He's garbage! !!

Terrible pick

Fuck this franchise

Wtf. Is wrong with the Bengals. Fuck bullshit. I'm punching someone now in the throat

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.ph...thread/page-12

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    imagine how the Benglas fans feel about their pick

Waste of a pick

Fuck. He's garbage! !!

Terrible pick

Fuck this franchise

Wtf. Is wrong with the Bengals. Fuck bullshit. I'm punching someone now in the throat

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.ph...thread/page-12
    Wow that thread was gold!!

It's terrible, but knowing Bungles fans are pissed because Bud fell to us does make me feel slightly better about the pick.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    Wow that thread was gold!!

It's terrible, but knowing Bungles fans are pissed because Bud fell to us does make me feel slightly better about the pick.
    heh heh

they do go on

And urineburgh gets Bud.
    And then the worst case scenario follows it up. I hope Dupree flops now
    and the stealers get Bud... FML

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

"Urineburgh?" Oh, I get it, "Pissburgh."

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Colts fan are very upset with their pick too(a WR)!!!!!!

http://forums.colts.com/topic/38046-...29-mega-merge/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Bengals thread is almost as funny as the draft picks (last night) answering the question, "Where do you want to be drafted?"

"Anywhere but Cleveland."

Ravens fans aren't too happy either

Take Gregory piss

Aaaaaaand of course it was.

Shit!!! Effing pittsburgh!

Dang, he's a good player. Hope he snaps an ACL.

Please not Perriman.

Fuck.

Wtf!!!!! Sure get the 5th or 6th best wr instead of the 2nd best cb or the 2nd OLB. Fucking stupid. Hate this pick

My god, that hairline.

Breshad Perriman has questionable hands and route running ability, so he's a perfect replacement for Torrey Smith.

http://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?129858-Official-2015-NFL-Draft-Thread/page51

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Breshard Perriman is a very good pick for the Ravens. Do they not forget they have PI Joe at Quarterback? He's a perfect fit for the Ravens Offense.

and then there's the Browns fans

No sexy picks for U!

I'm just numb, at this point. I EXPECT the Browns to make terrible decisions. It's a passing league, and the Browns don't have anyone who can throw or catch the ball

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    and then there's the Browns fansNo sexy picks for U!I'm just numb, at this point. I EXPECT the Browns to make terrible decisions. It's a passing league, and the Browns don't have anyone who can throw or catch the ball

The BROWNS had a great draft. Crap.

Johnny Football is still the BROWNS' starting QB. Yeah!!!

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

I love Dejan Kovacevic -- I was one of the first Lunatic Level subscribers on his site -- but I don't understand the purpose or the intent of his latest column. Instead of asking Colbert why they drafted a linebacker, he could have easily re-worded the question as "Why did you draft the highest rated player on your (and many other teams') board"? Oh, by the way, there is gaping hole at LOLB.

I believe DK once wrote about Colbert's preference for big conference guys, especially in the first round. This, plus the complete lack of attention paid to Byron Jones, should have served as a big clue Jones wasn't going to be the selection.

Any other choice but Dupree would have been criticized as reaching.

This piece is a knee jerk reaction, not analysis. DK is usually better than this.
    Last edited by one side only; 05-01-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Honestly, I don't see how you guys can be upset with that pick. He's a good player. I know...linebacker, but it isn't like you took some scrub that can't play.