Thread: ESPN reporter Britt McHenry suspended after berating towing company clerk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

ESPN reporter Britt McHenry suspended after berating towing company clerk

ESPN suspended reporter Britt McHenry for a week after a video of her berating a towing company employee surfaced Thursday.

The sports network announced her suspension on Twitter.

McHenry posted an apology on Twitter, saying she allowed her emotions to get away from her during a stressful situation at a Virginia business. "I ... said some insulting and regrettable things."

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/us/esp...chenry-tirade/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: ESPN reporter Britt McHenry suspended after berating towing company clerk

Good, karma's a bitch ain't it Britt. Kind of like you

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

She is used to people falling all over themselves to give her everything she wants. I would still bone her though.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Actually after reading the reviews on line about the tow company and the specific reviews about the person McHenry is talking to, I really don't feel the same about how McHenry handled herself here. Sure it's not right to speak that way to anyone, but from what the reviews say, I feel like that "customer service" person had it coming to her...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Over reaction from a way too sensitve climate in our society. People have to be allowed to have a bad day.

Unfortunately, as soon as I hear tow truck my skin starts to crawl. Just not many good experiences when a tow truck is involved.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Oooooooo... Someone yelled at a tow truck company. The horror!

The only difference between her and anyone else is that she's in the public eye. With that being said, she continued her rant even after she knew she was on videotape, so that made her a dumb blonde.

Also, if someone doesn't want to be called a fatty, eat a salad.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Actually after reading the reviews on line about the tow company and the specific reviews about the person McHenry is talking to, I really don't feel the same about how McHenry handled herself here. Sure it's not right to speak that way to anyone, but from what the reviews say, I feel like that "customer service" person had it coming to her...
    I think we'd be hard pressed to find a tow/repo company with friendly or helpful reviews. Also I can only imagine how many belligerent assholes they have to deal with on a daily basis.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Just because it was a towing company, doesn't mean it is OK to use your standing in the public eye to belittle others that harshly, that is wrong. She is still a pompous bitch.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Haven't watched that network in years now. Who?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Exactly. Never heard of her.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Ditto. A friend of mine mentioned this to me on the phone Friday night, and I had no idea who she was. I don't watch BSPN unless the Steelers or Pirates are playing.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Not guilty!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Not guilty!

I'm sure she was hired on her merit and qualifications.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Britt McHenry to work NFL Draft for ESPN

Britt McHenry’s one-week suspension following the release of an edited tape showing the ESPN reporter berating a tow company clerk ends Thursday. She’ll be back on television in time for next week's NFL Draft, according to SI.com.

ESPN senior coordinating producer Seth Markman told SI that McHenry, a Washington D.C.-based bureau reporter, will have similar assignments throughout the NFL season as she did last year. McHenry will be in St. Louis to report on the Rams during the first round of the draft on April 30.

“She’s had the draft assignment for a while and nothing’s changed,” Markman said.

The McHenry video sparked outrage on social media outlets, and her return to ESPN will likely spark similar, significant backlash.

“Listen, it wouldn’t shock me if some people react negatively,” Markman said. “My head hasn’t been buried in the sand. I’ve read a lot on this, and more than anything, she knows she made a mistake. She’s owned up to it. I think she is just really anxious to get back to work.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...SOC/Twi/SNMain

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Awwww, she's mean. Let's take her job away. No law against being in a mood, or just being a bitch. Everybody says mean things, everybody.

Too bad she will be on ESPN...