Thread: Williams: 'Coming here was an easy decision'

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Williams: 'Coming here was an easy decision'

DeAngelo Williams didn’t know what to expect when he was released from the Carolina Panthers on March 10. After playing nine seasons with them, the only team he ever played for, he had no idea what being a free agent would entail.

Even when he got a call from the Steelers wanting to bring him in for a visit, he wasn’t sure what to expect. That was until he arrived..........

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article...6-508c1d3d7bc8

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Williams: 'Coming here was an easy decision'

I think DW is going to fit in here just fine.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The only thing I can see going wrong with this signing is if he really has hit the wall at age 31. Didn't play enough last season to tell. But it has the kind of low-risk, high-reward potential that I like to see.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He's had some minor injury issues, but for the most part has been relatively healthy from what I can remember. He's also shared carries most of his career...topping out at 274 in 2008...so his mileage is relatively low. 171 carries on average over 8 years. A guy like Frank Gore has about 243 carries over that same time period...(not counting 2014.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

still dont like this pick up even if he seems like a great guy. i would still like to see an RB drafted at or beyond round 4, but of course that probably wont happen because then it would be an admission of giving up on dri archer -_-'
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

i was hoping to see more of josh harris, but i dont mid this pick up

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Needed a veteran for the position group. Harris, ARcher and even Bell are still learning the NFL. Williams can help with that and IF he doesn't hurt himself walking out of the locker room, can also contribute on the field.