Thread: Tomlin sidesteps Polamalu's situation

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Tomlin sidesteps Polamalu's situation

PHOENIX — It was what coach Mike Tomlin didn’t say about safety Troy Polamalu that probably spoke volumes about the future of the eight-time Pro Bowl safety.

When asked Monday at the NFL owners meetings if Polamalu fits into the Steelers’ plan for the 2015 season, Tomlin didn’t want to answer the question.

“I’m not getting into Troy,” Tomlin said. “I think that’s been documented. Art’s made comments. I don’t need to add on to that. It doesn’t serve any purpose.”

Tomlin’s reluctance to talk about Polamalu’s future is just another sign the former NFL defensive player of the year likely doesn’t have much of a future with the team.

Nobody connected with the Steelers — not team president Art Rooney II nor general manager Kevin Colbert — has even remotely indicated Polamalu will return or even if they want him to return. Tomlin’s failure to address the subject only highlights the likelihood the Steelers will release him if he doesn’t retire after 12 star-studded seasons with the team.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201503240112

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Tomlin sidesteps Polamalu's situation

Of course he does. It's not his decision and he's most likely left in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Just another sign of how crappy a coach Tomlin is.

What a joke.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

June 1st cut if he doesn't retire before then, I'm thinking...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    June 1st cut if he doesn't retire before then, I'm thinking...
    I think if they were going to cut him, they would have done it by now. Regardless of cap ramifications.

I think the whole thing hinges on whether or not Troy is willing to come back and not be locked in as an every down player.

Just my feeling.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I posted in another thread that I heard on 93.7 The Fan that the decision to not cut Troy yet was on the Rooneys and that if it were up to the coaches, he'd be gone already. Take that for what it's worth.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

In other words, they're giving Troy a chance to retire and he's dragging his feet.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Just another sign of how crappy a coach Tomlin is.

What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think if they were going to cut him, they would have done it by now. Regardless of cap ramifications.

I think the whole thing hinges on whether or not Troy is willing to come back and not be locked in as an every down player.

Just my feeling.
    I think they allow him to come back at less $ or incentivised contract contingent on playing time/picks/tackles. He needs to hang it up.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I posted in another thread that I heard on 93.7 The Fan that the decision to not cut Troy yet was on the Rooneys and that if it were up to the coaches, he'd be gone already. Take that for what it's worth.
    I believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    In other words, they're giving Troy a chance to retire and he's dragging his feet.

Yep.