Thread: Steelers 2015 Free Agency: What About Outside Linebacker?

Dwinsgames

Steelers 2015 Free Agency: What About Outside Linebacker?

It was gone as soon as it came. The Steelers interviewed a few corners and showed some signs of free agency life. We interviewed, assessed, kissed them at the door, and said goodnight. On the other side of the door was another team on one knee asking for I do.

http://stillcurtain.com/2015/03/21/s...ce=twitterfeed

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Steelers 2015 Free Agency: What About Outside Linebacker?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    It was gone as soon as it came. The Steelers interviewed a few corners and showed some signs of free agency life. We interviewed, assessed, kissed them at the door, and said goodnight. On the other side of the door was another team on one knee asking for I do.

A polite way of putting it. I would've said on both knees, given the amount of money that was shoveled some of these guys' way. And I'm not talking about marriage.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I fear the defense is going to be really bad next year. Signing Harrison would help a lot.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I fear the defense is going to be really bad next year. Signing Harrison would help a lot.
    The feeling is shared...I also have a feeling that they are going to keep Polamalu around...which will make it worse at this stage...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The feeling is shared...I also have a feeling that they are going to keep Polamalu around...which will make it worse at this stage...
    Me too. The offense has the ability to be one of the best in the NFL and the defense one of the worst.

By not actively seeking to improve the defense, we're just wasting all of that offensive talent.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Glad I was way off base with my feeling about Harrison. Good to see him locked up for one more year. Troy still has to go...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Troy still has to go...
    I bet he was eating a pastry when he heard the news about Harrison being re-signed.

Funny you say that...I actually was eating a Tastykake...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Yeah, me, too... Nom nom nom...

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I don't really see where the Steelers could have improved much on defense in FA. There was no way they could have paid Revis what the Jets did. Outside of Revis, I wasn't a huge fan of the rest of the CB's in FA. None of them would have made a huge difference, IMO.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigNastyDefense View Post
    I don't really see where the Steelers could have improved much on defense in FA. There was no way they could have paid Revis what the Jets did. Outside of Revis, I wasn't a huge fan of the rest of the CB's in FA. None of them would have made a huge difference, IMO.
    Exactly. I would have liked to seen them make a run at a few of the others that hit the market, but not at the crazy guaranteed cash #'s that got given out.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Exactly. I would have liked to seen them make a run at a few of the others that hit the market, but not at the crazy guaranteed cash #'s that got given out.
    Yep. Maybe they can get the Saints to trade Lewis, which would fill the CB need. That would allow them to go a few different directions in the first round, along with a proven NFL CB. I'd be all for that.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Saints just paid Allen...gave him a "new deal" to make him happy...I doubt they'd let him go now...