Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2015 Regular season thread

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: 2015 Regular season thread

Pirates are 4 1/2 up on the Cubs with today's win with 8 to play. They look pretty solid to be hosting the WC game at the very least. Still an outside chance they catch the Cards, but probably not going to happen.

Oh well as long as they start Cole vs the Cubs I'll live with the result of the play in game.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Pirates are 4 1/2 up on the Cubs with today's win with 8 to play. They look pretty solid to be hosting the WC game at the very least. Still an outside chance they catch the Cards, but probably not going to happen.

Oh well as long as they start Cole vs the Cubs I'll live with the result of the play in game.
    with 8 to play and a series still to go with the cards, the division is still within reach. Not probable, but possible.

a one game playoff against Arietta, the best pitcher by far in the league right now, scares the shit out of me

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    with 8 to play and a series still to go with the cards, the division is still within reach. Not probable, but possible.

a one game playoff against Arietta, the best pitcher by far in the league right now, scares the shit out of me
    It does me too, but it is what it is, and as long as it's in Pittsburgh and Cole is pitching on normal day's rest then you've done all you can going into the game. Cole is certainly capable of going toe to toe with anyone.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

If they can keep it close trough seven innings, bullpen would take care of the rest. Cole can do it, for sure. This team is to good to be playing in wild card but that's case right now. It would be great if they can catch the Cardinals, but that's a pipe dream right now. If they go trough wild card game, they can go to the very end.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

The Blue Jays, after 22 years are back in the playoffs. Would I love to see a Pirates vs Blue Jays World Series? You betcha!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar