Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Regular season thread

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: 2015 Regular season thread

Hittin' up my first Altoona Curve game of the season tonight. GO CURVE!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

The Curve lost tonight. But we went and had breakfast afterwards, so it's all good.

I've about had enough of this funk the Pirates are in. *sigh*

Great outing by Batman tonight, and the Bucs win it 7-2. #TheDarkKnightRises

Cutch is baaaaack... Hopefully.

7-5 victory over the Cards!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

First ever 4-5-4 triple play...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    First ever 4-5-4 triple play...
    It was aaaaawesome! King Kang and The Pittsburgh Kid! I sure love me some #18!

In other news, a friend of mine went to the Bucs game on Friday night. All I know so far is that he spent the night in jail due to a "drunken incident" and was walking around Pittsburgh looking for his truck on Saturday morning.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Nice to take 2 outta 3 from the cards. Kang seems to be doing great, he might turn out to be a hell of a deal. JayHay is not doing well, but I think he will come around.

Andrew McCutchen 'Exorcises Demons' With Strange Ritual In Dugout

Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen laid down on the floor in the dugout and went through a strange ritual to "exorcise the demons" after lining out to short in the fourth inning of Sunday's game against St. Louis.

Whatever it was, it apparently worked, as McCutchen hit a double in his next at-bat in the sixth inning and came around to score. So, will we see McCutchen doing more of this?

Oh, Cutch!

It was such a great game yesterday. Our Buccos came back to tie up the game and went into extra innings against the Cubbies. Excitement and tension was in the air.

And then, in the bottom of the 12th, with the Cubs having a man on at 3rd, Szczur hit a pop-up to shallow right field, and this happened:

And that was all she wrote. The Cubs won 11-10.

Gangly son-of-a-bitch needs to cut off half his legs.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    That's priceless!
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Thank goodness they brought A.J. back!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Same start as last year. This team is much better than they are playing

Raise it for a great 4-1 win over the Mets!

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Raise it for a great 4-1 win over the Mets!
    Cole was sensational last night.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Oh, Cutch!
    Well, it's not like he could sacrifice a live chicken. We can't have guys puking in the locker room.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Batman is my hero! Absolutely phenomenal pitching by Burnett this afternoon, and our Bucs win it 8-2!

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar

Great ofense and great series. Sweep.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Great job by the Pirates this weekend. It was great to see them sweep a team and its neat to see all three starters get ten or more strikeouts in all three games. Congrats to Gerrit, A.J., Fransisco, and the rest of the guys.

​Liriano struck out 12, Cutch and Marte homered, and our Bucs swept the Mets with this afternoon's 9-1 win!

Absolutely awesome pitching the past 3 days, and our bats are hot, hot, hot! Couldn't be happier.

Raise it! Our Buccos made it 4 wins in a row today with a 4-2 win over the Miami Marlins! Nice outing by Morton, and congratulations to Francisco Cervelli for hitting the first homer, and a 3 run homer at that, by a Pirates catcher.

I still can't get used to calling them the Miami Marlins. *shrugs*

6 in a row!!! Great outing today, Cole improves to 7-2 on the year. He was pitching well just left a couple hanging that got belted. He is really coming into his own. And damn, right now the Buccos look like damn geniuses taking a chance on Kang, hard to take him out of the lineup!! And finally, Jay Hay and Cutch are heating up. Time to put that rough beginning behind us and see what this squad can do!!

Back-to-back sweeps is as exciting as hell. This team is a joy to watch right now.

That was some game last night. Someone in organisation is looking awfully smart bringing Kang in. Now offense is taking the show. Seven in a row.

Wont see Bell for a while, definitely not this year unless something crazy happens

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Wont see Bell for a while, definitely not this year unless something crazy happens
    Like I kick Pedro in the nuts?

Tell me what you want, what you really, really want... I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want...