Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Regular season thread

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: 2015 Regular season thread

I sure hope the Bucs don't take the Cubs lightly. They are a very dangerous team with all of that young talent in the lineup. They DO strike out a ton though, so that may help them. Looking for at least a split.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

ker-pow, that net sure stretches

good thing she was facing away or her face would be destroyed

https://vine.co/v/eaAjxD7gPeu

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Ouch!

She was released from the hospital. Glad she's going to be okay, but I bet she has a big 'ol goose egg.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Kang just belted a bases loaded, base clearing double!!! And they intentionally walked Marte to get to him....good for his confidence, I'm happy for him

now if the bullpen can just pull their heads out of thier asses we can go away with a win

annnnnnnd first Cub up.....home run

this game is driving me crazy

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Kang just belted a bases loaded, base clearing double!!!
    Hopefully they can pull this one out tonight.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Hopefully they can pull this one out tonight.
    You replied too soon, I was in the middle of editing, lol

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

You replied too soon, I was in the middle of editing, lol
    I just saw a replay of your previous post. He was so close to having a grand slam.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Watson and Melancon blow the lead and the Pirates lose 9-8. I said that Cubs team was dangerous...looks like I was right.

Too soon for a little bit of a chewing-out from the manager? I don't think anyone expected the Pirates to be 6-8 at this point in the season.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Kang just belted a bases loaded, base clearing double!!! And they intentionally walked Marte to get to him....good for his confidence, I'm happy for him

now if the bullpen can just pull their heads out of thier asses we can go away with a win

annnnnnnd first Cub up.....home run

this game is driving me crazy
    It's early, but this bullpen really has me worried about the season.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I was soooo happy when King Kang hit that double. I was jumpin' up and down. And then my bubble burst. This one was a very disappointing loss for me. I'm a sad Pirate.

Our Bucs beat the D-backs 4-1 last night and have now won 3 in a row.

No offense against the Pens, but they were interfering with my viewing of the Pirates on ROOT. I was watching the Pens on ROOT on my TV and streaming the Bucs' game on my laptop at the same time. Geesh.

Four. In. A. Row!

That is a tough loss for the Cards. I have a ton of respect for Adam Wainwright, and hope he comes back in top form. I don't expect the Cards to go away, though. They still have a very good team without Waino.

8-0, baby!

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

Quote Originally Posted by Boh View Post
    I'm so sorry, Boh. My thoughts and prayers are with those in Maryland.

Damn Boh, they're tearing your city up :-(

on another note, worley got pretty torn up on the mound :-(

worley got pretty torn up on the mound :-(
    It was ugly. The Cubs are giving us fits. Hopefully, we'll get 'em tomorrow.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The Pirates need to start winning some division games. Otherwise their season will go the way of the Flightless birds before them.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    The Pirates need to start winning some division games. Otherwise their season will go the way of the Flightless birds before them.
    They are 7-6 vs. the division right now. Not dire, but yes, they need to win a few more of them. However, the division, aside from the pile of crap that is the Milwaukee Brewers, is pretty damn tough. The Cubs are showing, so far, that they are not a bunch of pushovers. They are giving everyone fits. The Cards are the Cards, though they just lost 2 of 3 to the Brewers over the weekend. And the Reds aren't great, but they aren't pushovers either. They've got to take at least 3 of the next 5 games, IMO. All they really need to do is finish above .500 against the division overall, because I think they are going to do very well against the rest of the league.

The Bucs are really pissin' me off tonight. The Cubs had two double steals in one inning. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

The Cubs are the real deal, they are going to be a great team this year

on another note, anyone see that crazy shit in Baltimore today. Today's attendance at the game was zero.....it was eerie watching highlights

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    They are 7-6 vs. the division right now. Not dire, but yes, they need to win a few more of them. However, the division, aside from the pile of crap that is the Milwaukee Brewers, is pretty damn tough. The Cubs are showing, so far, that they are not a bunch of pushovers. They are giving everyone fits. The Cards are the Cards, though they just lost 2 of 3 to the Brewers over the weekend. And the Reds aren't great, but they aren't pushovers either. They've got to take at least 3 of the next 5 games, IMO. All they really need to do is finish above .500 against the division overall, because I think they are going to do very well against the rest of the league.
    The Brewers being a lousy team is bad news. That means the Biloxi Shuckers are going to suck too.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

I'm sure the entire division will dominate the Brewers. So what difference will it make if the Pirates win 90/% of their games against the Brewers if they lose 75% of their games against the rest of the division?

Losing so many one run games scares me. It gets to be habit forming.

Starting pitchers look great, it's hard to watch them give zero run support to these great pitching outings

Damn swept!

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Damn swept!
    Yep, this series against the Cards was very disappointing.