Thread: Finally found out the result of the Super Bowl

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Finally found out the result of the Super Bowl

I was actually pretty surprised I made it this long. Although after the first week or so, it was relatively easy to go about things normally without much reason for people to mention it. Of all things, it was one of those annoying TVs on top of a gas station pump that finally got me. I stepped out of the car and had no chance before it said "... and as for the Patriots, they're probably still enjoying their fourth Super Bowl win."

This was quite an experience in and of itself, but it definitely did the job of tamping down the bullshit. By the time I found out, I barely even cared anymore who won the game, and as a bonus, for almost a whole extra month I didn't have to recognize a shitty team as Super Bowl champion. Still don't know anything about how the game went, except that a lot of people were saying right afterward that it was a really good game and I should watch it, before I shushed them. Maybe I'll look it up.

My only regret about the whole thing is that I missed a whole month's worth of opportunities to belittle Seahawks fans, although there'll be plenty more chances for that, I'm sure. I don't know a thing about anything that's happened in football for the last month; Tomlin and the entire starting offense could all be in jail right now for all I know. Found out a lot about European soccer, though. May be fun to write this down in more detail later, but for now I feel this experiment probably had the most positive outcome that was possible.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Finally found out the result of the Super Bowl

Yeah, you gotta watch it, SR. If nothing else, watch only the 4th quarter.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The ending was downright legendary, really not worth knowing the results of the Super Bowl without seeing the ending and the buttload of funny memes that came out

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I honestly can't say there's anything appealing about watching anything positive happen to either one of those teams, on offense or defense.

Brady throws a touchdown pass. Barf. Lynch makes a long run. Barf. Seattle guy makes a great catch. Barf. Patriots get a big defensive play on the goal line. Barf. If they don't get a big defensive play and Seattle scores ... barf.

The one positive thing about the ending is that before the game, I said something to the effect of, "If Seattle loses, I hope for their fans' sake it's in the most tragic, devastating way possible," and it seems like that's exactly what happened. Not real interested in watching though, because any joy in seeing one team fail would be balanced out by seeing an equally repulsive team succeed. It's a zero-sum game, unfortunately. Might as well spend the extra time doing something else.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I honestly can't say there's anything appealing about watching anything positive happen to either one of those teams, on offense or defense.

Brady throws a touchdown pass. Barf. Lynch makes a long run. Barf. Seattle guy makes a great catch. Barf. Patriots get a big defensive play on the goal line. Barf. If they don't get a big defensive play and Seattle scores ... barf.

The one positive thing about the ending is that before the game, I said something to the effect of, "If Seattle loses, I hope for their fans' sake it's in the most tragic, devastating way possible," and it seems like that's exactly what happened. Not real interested in watching though, because any joy in seeing one team fail would be balanced out by seeing an equally repulsive team succeed. It's a zero-sum game, unfortunately. Might as well spend the extra time doing something else.
    I havent watched it as well. Not even the highlights. And i dont intend doing it. And i feel just fine.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Didn't watch one second of it and still haven't (and won't), but I didn't duck the outcome for a whole month the way you did. I tip my hat to you, SR.

I was wondering where you've been.

Yeah, a football site wouldn't be your best bet for not finding out the outcome of the biggest football game of the year, so I was a little restricted in that sense.

"Ducking" is such an ugly word. It makes me picture some creepy sex offender nervously glancing left and right as he looks for a chance to in the park, then jumping over a fence to avoid the cops. I considered my experiment to be more sophisticated, like an ape flinging poo.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Yeah, a football site wouldn't be your best bet for not finding out the outcome of the biggest football game of the year, so I was a little restricted in that sense.

"Ducking" is such an ugly word. It makes me picture some creepy sex offender nervously glancing left and right as he looks for a chance to in the park, then jumping over a fence to avoid the cops. I considered my experiment to be more sophisticated, like an ape flinging poo.
    Bad choice of words. How about I wasn't able to avoid the outcome for a whole month like you did?

Dwinsgames

I watched the last 30 seconds of it just because I THOUGHT the Cheatriots where gonna lose ( my son called me and said I know your not watching but ya might wanna tune in ) I did and wish I did not ...