Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troubled cornerback on Steelers radar?

Dwinsgames

Re: Troubled cornerback on Steelers radar?

before going to far out on the limb to defend him , I suggest looking a little deeper into him ...

this is a good read and from a well respected author ( read it all or don't bother to read at all is my suggestion ) red flags come in all shapes and sizes not always a BOLD here I am sort of thing some times their are just many hints .... look for those hints and then imagine pockets full of money and see where your imagination can travel or just how confident you may be in the young man ( not everyone will walk away with the same impression )

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...ower-red-flags

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Just to clarify. I'm not saying the Steelers should pass on Peters if he's there when they pick. I'm just saying you can't assert that they'd be idiots if they pass on him. They've got to do due diligence and make a call based on all the information they have. And they've got to be right. So I'll respect whatever they do and if they take him keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't blow up in their face. And if they pass on him then I hope whoever they do take proves to be the best player in the long run. If this young man is really as good as people claim, and the personality issues aren't likely to follow him to this level then he probably wont be there at 22 anyway.

Last thing. I took issue with a certain post earlier in the thread. It wasn't because the poster's impassioned position that Peters is a player the Steelers would be remiss to pass on. It's how he said it. How he flamed people of opposing views and also for some reason dragged down current Steelers players who'splay really isn't at issue. I mean really why would anyone have an issue with Tuitt or Beachum at this point? Why do you drag them down to prop this kid up?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Tomlin is not good with bad character guys. Look at all the bad character guys that got themselves thrown off the Steelers, Sansmokio Holmes, Chris Rainey, Alameda Ta'amu, LeGarrette the Blount. You can mention Mike Adams, but remember he came to the Steelers directly and asked what he could do to get back on their board after they put him off the board and then did what they asked of him. The Steelers need to hit on the CB pick they make, and you are telling me that the Steelers would be stupid not to take the risk and draft the kid, given Tomlin's bad history with guys with character issues and given all the CBs in this draft who don't present this risk?

Banned Array title="Crash is an unknown quantity at this point">

Tomlin didn't draft Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Tomlin didn't draft Holmes.
    He coached him for the majority of his Steelers career and was head coach when Holmes got himself traded and suspended for weed, which is what I was talking about with this point

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    He coached him for the majority of his Steelers career and was head coach when Holmes got himself traded and suspended for weed, which is what I was talking about with this point
    I strongly doubt Tomlin's was the final say-so in Holmes being traded.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I strongly doubt Tomlin's was the final say-so in Holmes being traded.
    The point is Tomlin and the Steelers organization haven't shown the ability to reign in troubled characters and prevent them from acting up hence why I don't think Peters would be a good fit in Pittsburgh