Thread: Joey Porter: Jerome made me a better player

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Joey Porter: Jerome made me a better player

Porter's take on The Bus: Jerome Bettis has been described in many complimentary ways by former teammates and coaches, as well as players that faced him, but the best description quite possibly came from Joey Porter.

“Jerome was a linebacker that played running back,” said Porter, Bettis’ former teammate and current Steelers’ defensive assistant. “It’s that simple. He was a physical guy. Most backs went away from traffic, linebackers love traffic. Jerome loved traffic. Running backs get in the hole and dodge guys. He would shake a guy every now and then to make fun of them and show he is big and can shake you.”

Porter remembers the days during training camp at St. Vincent College when he had to try and bring Bettis down. Porter, who has never shied away from talking smack on the field, was often left without anything to say after going against Bettis...........

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article...c-f567bac47fe6

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: Joey Porter: Jerome made me a better player

Good Luck Jerome, I too hope you make it.