Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Patriots vs Seahawks - Super Bowl XLIX

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Patriots vs Seahawks - Super Bowl XLIX

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I didn't watch till the last 8 minutes, and my love of the game got the better of me. It's not my place to say watch or don't watch, that's up to the fans. That maybe the biggest problem with the game right now, the fans love the game more than the commissioner, or the owners do. We all know what is going on, and we know it is not likely to change. The owners are make a bunch of money, and that seems to make Goodell bullet proof, and that does piss me off to no end. Still, I am not ready to throw out the baby with the bath water. I guess it all boils down to choice, you either chose to walk away from the game because of a man that clearly is self so absorbed that he will make up new rules, and ignore , even apparently cover up, cheating to get what he wants. Make no mistake, I think Goodell is bad for the game, and I would love to see him gone and forgotten, but for the moment will not leave the team, or the game I have grown up on. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, I talk a big game, but before you know it, football season will roll around again and the Steelers will be on and I just won't be able to help myself.

But it's not "love for the game" for me so much as it's "love for the Steelers." Goodell's NFL sucks, IMO.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Honestly, it'll be a lot of years before you watch football then. I doubt he's going anywhere for the next 10-20 years because as far as the owners are concerned, he's been successful in everything he's touched, from avoiding an NFL strike that lasted into a season, to making the owners money and lowering head injuries (thus, less lawsuits = more money).
    Don't see how - to any objective observer, this season has been a train wreck for the NFL and Goodell's incompetence is a big reason why. Between the Rice debacle and Goodell's bungling of it, the Adrian Peterson fiasco, the horrible officiating that continues to get worse and Deflategate casting a shadow over the Super Bowl for 2 weeks as the media went wild with it as he remained largely mum, this season has been a nightmare from beginning to end if I'm an owner.

Sooner or later, the poison PR is going to catch up. Don't think so? Let me put it this way: I skipped the Super Bowl entirely for the first time in almost 40 years last night.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Don't see how - to any objective observer, this season has been a train wreck for the NFL and Goodell's responses and/or lack thereof to the problems that have come up are a big reason why. Between the Rice debacle and Goodell's incompetent bungling of it, the Adrian Peterson fiasco, the horrible officiating that continues to get worse and Deflategate casting a shadow over the Super Bowl for 2 weeks, this season has been a nightmare from beginning to end if I'm an owner.

Sooner or later, the poison PR is going to catch up. Don't think so? Let me put it this way: I skipped the Super Bowl entirely for the first time in almost 40 years last night.
    http://deadline.com/2015/02/super-bo...ix-1201364688/

Highest ratings ever, and the money just keeps pouring in. And those controversies? They're gold. How many hits on the NFL website, or ESPN, or a dozen other websites focused on the NFL got a massive boost for those very reasons? How many people tuned in to the NFL channel last week at some point because of ball-deflation? Business wise, the NFL is the best it's ever been, and the owners (who are businessmen) simply will not kill the goose laying the golden footballs.

As for watching the NFL - I never do anymore, either, except for Pittsburgh. Very seldom if ever will I watch a Monday night game, and I pretty much never watch Sunday games because I have to wait until late Sunday night to watch the Steelers on NFL Rewind, or whatever it is.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Crap that game was tonight? I missed it!

Seriously that was the first Super Bowl I didn't watch one single second of since I can remember.

I have not watched an entire non-Steeler SB since sometime in the mid-90s. I watched about 2 minutes of yesterday's game. I didn't watch a second of last year's SB.
    Hater = Realist

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

The money keeps pouring in because people today are sheep, and have no minds of their own. So as far as I'm concerned (and I'm excluding everyone on this forum), not a single one of them have a right to complain about anything the NFL does. Because they keep supporting it, and enabling them to keep doing the very shit they keep complaining about.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl, I never visit ESPN.com or watch ESPN for any reason (except when the Steelers are playing on MNF or the Pirates are on SNB, which stops this year), and I didn't give the NFL's website a single hit during this whole "Deflategate" saga, which of course will now be conveniently swept under the rug. I've done my part. I'd love it if millions of others would do the same, but they won't.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

The wrost play call I have ever seen in the super bowl with the game on the line. A running Zone read team forces a pass when everybody in American is screaming give to Lynch.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    The wrost play call I have ever seen in the super bowl with the game on the line. A running Zone read team forces a pass when everybody in American is screaming give to Lynch.

Even Todd Haley said that was a bizarre call.
    All Defense!

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

sleezy pickle doodle Array title="touchdownward is a glorious beacon of light"> touchdownward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Poor Ralph.......
    As far as the game is concerned, I'm too big of a football fan to not watch. I started watching near the end of the 1st half. Saw that hawks weren't going to roll over and kept watching on and off until the end of the game. I'm glad I watched, but I still hate both teams with a passion.
    To piggy back on Venom's Simpson's reference. "Worst Play Call Ever!"
    BLAH!!!Forever loving and missing you Gal.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Seahawks fans were claiming there was pass interference on the final INT, lol.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Seahawks fans were claiming there was pass interference on the final INT, lol.
    No surprise there...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I have to say I'm disappointed. Not because of the outcome, because that was preordained. I'm disappointed that so many of you decided to support Roger Goodell and watch the Super Bowl.

Seriously...WTF?
    What? Let an asshole take an important part of my life away? Not hardly. Things change. Much of it I don't agree with. But it's still a damn good game. Goodell can diminish it to a point, but the game is greater than he is.

So I'm staying a fan and offering no apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post

God, that commercial was awful wasn't it?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I have to say I'm disappointed. Not because of the outcome, because that was preordained. I'm disappointed that so many of you decided to support Roger Goodell and watch the Super Bowl.

Seriously...WTF?
    So, watching the Super Bowl means that you support Goodell? LOL, I'm not buying that. How is watching the Super Bowl any different than watching any of the other games throughout the year? By watching the Steelers, aren't you "supporting Goodell" also? Did you buy any Steelers merchandise this year? That would be "supporting Goodell".

If you want to get completely away from "supporting Goodell", you'll need to stop watching ALL NFL games and stop buying all NFL merchandise. You can't pick and choose.

I'm a fan of the NFL. Like Zulater said, I'm not going to let Goodell take that away from me. I already cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket and have refused to buy any NFL merchandise. That's my personal boycott.

And btw, it was a damn good game. I enjoyed it even though I despise both teams.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Why do people do this shit??? Sucks to be this guy.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Even if the Seahawks won, it's a terrible tattoo. Terrible.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    So, watching the Super Bowl means that you support Goodell? LOL, I'm not buying that. How is watching the Super Bowl any different than watching any of the other games throughout the year? By watching the Steelers, aren't you "supporting Goodell" also? Did you buy any Steelers merchandise this year? That would be "supporting Goodell".

If you want to get completely away from "supporting Goodell", you'll need to stop watching ALL NFL games and stop buying all NFL merchandise. You can't pick and choose.

I'm a fan of the NFL. Like Zulater said, I'm not going to let Goodell take that away from me. I already cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket and have refused to buy any NFL merchandise. That's my personal boycott.

And btw, it was a damn good game. I enjoyed it even though I despise both teams.
    I haven't bought a single piece of Steelers merchandise in over 3 years. I did watch Steelers games, but I'm not even doing that next season. At least not live. He doesn't get one red cent if I record the game and watch it later. No more Super Bowls. I'm putting my money where my mouth is, because I despise Goodell that much.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Even if the Seahawks won, it's a terrible tattoo. Terrible.
    No doubt. "Prison meth head special."

Patriots vs Seahawks - Super Bowl XLIX

The more I watch that last play for Seattle the more I think Belicheck owned it the whole time...

With the clock running down, you might think the Patriots would call time out. For two reasons. 1. They are in a base defense and the Seahawks just came out with a 3 WR set. Advantage: Seahawks. 2. The clock is winding down and it looks like the Seahawks will get an easy score...right? Save some time for Tommy Boy.

However they don't call the timeout. Why? I think Belicheck knew the Seahawks were going to pass it there. I think he was baiting them into that play and his players were ready for it. Butler said that they practiced that defense against that play all week. It paid off.

If the Patriots call time out and match personnel, the Seahawks audible to a run against a nickel D and most likely score. Staying in base D and Belicheck is gambling that Carroll will play the percentage and the match ups there and pass.

Belicheck owned Carroll there. Out coached him in a major way.

I still think it was a bad call to throw there but understand why Carroll would opt for the play. Butler was just ready for it and broke on the ball like he'd been practicing it all week.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

The more I watch that last play for Seattle the more I think Belicheck owned it the whole time...

With the clock running down, you might think the Patriots would call time out. For two reasons. 1. They are in a base defense and the Seahawks just came out with a 3 WR set. Advantage: Seahawks. 2. The clock is winding down and it looks like the Seahawks will get an easy score...right? Save some time for Tommy Boy.

However they don't call the timeout. Why? I think Belicheck knew the Seahawks were going to pass it there. I think he was baiting them into that play and his players were ready for it. Butler said that they practiced that defense against that play all week. It paid off.

If the Patriots call time out and match personnel, the Seahawks audible to a run against a nickel D and most likely score. Staying in base D and Belicheck is gambling that Carroll will play the percentage and the match ups there and pass.

I still think it was a bad call to throw there but understand why Carroll would opt for the play. Butler was just ready for it and broke on the ball like he'd been practicing it all week.
    Jedi/Sith mind trick?

Totally went Sith on Carroll.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Possibly. But that was a huge ass risk. Suppose Wilson "doesn't see it" and just tosses the ball harmlessly out of the end zone. ( as he should have) The clock's stopped from the incompletion. So the Seahawks have 30 odd seconds- two downs along with a time out to collect their wits and go "Beast mode" for the win. Had they done this it;'s just a fg game. But the Patriots virtually haven't even left themselves a chance to tie. Maybe get the ball back with 20 seconds to go if they're lucky.

In my opinion the evil Emperor was more lucky than good with the way this one ended.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Possibly. But that was a huge ass risk. Suppose Wilson "doesn't see it" and just tosses the ball harmlessly out of the end zone. ( as he should have) The clock's stopped from the incompletion. So the Seahawks have 30 odd seconds- two downs along with a time out to collect their wits and go "Beast mode" for the win. Had they done this it;'s just a fg game. But the Patriots virtually haven't even left themselves a chance to tie. Maybe get the ball back with 20 seconds to go if they're lucky.

In my opinion the evil Emperor was more lucky than good with the way this one ended.
    IMO, Belichick was going for the win with his defense out there more so than looking to get his offense back out there. I'm sure we will never know, but the way that play set up, the way Butler broke on the ball and the way Belichick played it overall, I lean far more to the side that they had a better hunch that they knew what was coming.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Heard several radio sports head yakking about how great it was the refs "let them play". , said would have been a bunch more flags in a non Super Bowl game. Only one reason for that to happen, so the average tune in once a year fan wouldn't see how F'd up the rules are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas