Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshawn Lynch

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Marshawn Lynch

I'm here so I won't get fined'; reportedly risked $500K fine. Lynch is a jerk, but I can see Roger pulling his hair out when he watches this. Carry on Lynch!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-...on-t-get-fined

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Marshawn Lynch

At this point, I'm all for anything that pisses off Roger Goodell. So, good on ya, Marshawn.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

if he dose not wish to talk to the press he should not have to . I am all for it, if it piss off goodell that a +
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    At this point, I'm all for anything that pisses off Roger Goodell. So, good on ya, Marshawn.
    Marshawn's act has worn thin on me, but I guess I'll pull for this one during SB week just to see Roger go bald.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

At least James gave some sort of answers. "I know I'm old and slow and all".

Take that, Rog!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

What do you think Goodell would do if every player on the Seahawks did the same thing.

AML

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Lynch trying to copy Jim McMahon with his bandana that gave pete rozelle fits.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    What do you think Goodell would do if every player on the Seahawks did the same thing.
    How about every player on every team!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Good on Lynch. He's an ass, but that was funny.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I didn't see the humor in it. I just saw a grown man acting like an f'n punk. He makes all that money because fans pay to see him. Those same fans would like to hear a word or two from their favorite player. Would it be so much for him to answer a couple questions? If not for the league, how about the people who pay for tickets and buy his jersey? I hope he gets the piss fined out of him.

Man I can't believe I have to root for these pukes on Sunday.
    Last edited by smokin3000gt; 01-28-2015 at 06:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I don't blame Marshawn for not wanting to speak to the media one bit. They are vultures waiting to pounce on anything you say that will give them hits and ratings. I wish he wore a shirt that said "Fuck each and every one of you." If you're going to be fined, you may as well earn it.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I didn't see the humor in it. I just saw a grown man acting like an f'n punk. He makes all that money because fans pay to see him. Those same fans would like to hear a word or two from their favorite player. Would it be so much for him to answer a couple questions? If not for the league, how about the people who pay for tickets and his jersey? I hope he gets the piss fined out of him.

Agreed 100%. Yes this guy's no hero. He's a punk that thinks he's above everyone.

This board is so anti Goodell that they would probably support a player wearing a Pro Isis shirt to a press conference if the league were to come down hard on the guy after the fact.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    How about every player on every team!
    It could easily snowball to that if you kowtow to Lynch and change the rule. Because once the precedent is set you can bet some of these control freak coaches like Bellichick would strongly hint to their players that talking to the press is strongly advised against. And then of course no one would. And while I know it's become popular on this board to hate the league and everything associated with it, in the long run that's no good for football. While die hard fans like us aren't going to leave the ship over player accessbility, I think it's important to casual fans, and especially younger ones to flesh out the people in the uniforms.

Apparently it's in every NFL players contract that they have to make themselves available to the press at certain times. So it's simple, you sign the contract that's part of the deal. Don't care to do that? Go to fucking Walmart and work for 10 bucks an hour then. League minimum contract is over 300+k per year. That's about 6x more than an average American makes annually. Really not that much of a sacrifice to go up there for 5 minutes and not be an asshole.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good for Beastmode

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I like how he had it timed on his phone too...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

One dickhead doing what he does best in order to piss off another dickhead. Well, as long as they all come out of it angry I'm for it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

He is in a contract year and looking to make himself known. That is all. After all this, win or lose, he'll make boatloads of cash in or out of the NFL.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

NFL mulls fine for Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch spent the few minutes he was on the podium at Tuesday's Super Bowl media day saying, over and over again, "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

Unfortunately, for Lynch, showing up wasn't the only criteria. Sources tell ESPN that, after the Super Bowl, the league will review whether the hat Lynch wore during the event, which bears his "Beast Mode" logo, was permissible. If the NFL rules that Lynch used media day to promote a brand that was not approved by the league, he could face a significant fine. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy declined to comment.

The NFL makes clear to players that they cannot wear brands that conflict with league partners on the field during games and during postgame interviews. That is extended to Super Bowl media day, where a record number of cameras are on the players.

That's why the league fined Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher $100,000 for wearing a Vitaminwater hat on his podium during Super Bowl XLI in 2007. The league had, and still has, an official drink deal with Pepsi, which also owns Gatorade.

Lynch's Beast Mode hat was selling on the clothing line's website and advertised as "the hat Marshawn wore during the 2015 SB Media Day." The hat, which costs $33, sold out and the site noted this morning that it was hoping to restock it as soon as possible. Lynch owns four trademarks to the phrase "Beast Mode" and has filed for three additional trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...ay-sources-say

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch spent the few minutes he was on the podium at Tuesday's Super Bowl media day saying, over and over again, "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

Unfortunately, for Lynch, showing up wasn't the only criteria. Sources tell ESPN that, after the Super Bowl, the league will review whether the hat Lynch wore during the event, which bears his "Beast Mode" logo, was permissible. If the NFL rules that Lynch used media day to promote a brand that was not approved by the league, he could face a significant fine. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy declined to comment.

The NFL makes clear to players that they cannot wear brands that conflict with league partners on the field during games and during postgame interviews. That is extended to Super Bowl media day, where a record number of cameras are on the players.

That's why the league fined Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher $100,000 for wearing a Vitaminwater hat on his podium during Super Bowl XLI in 2007. The league had, and still has, an official drink deal with Pepsi, which also owns Gatorade.

Lynch's Beast Mode hat was selling on the clothing line's website and advertised as "the hat Marshawn wore during the 2015 SB Media Day." The hat, which costs $33, sold out and the site noted this morning that it was hoping to restock it as soon as possible. Lynch owns four trademarks to the phrase "Beast Mode" and has filed for three additional trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Told you he was copying Jim McMahon!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/sp...band.html?_r=0

I'm of two minds, here.

1. You're a professional athlete, so shut up, grow up, and endure 5 minutes of unpleasantness a day for a couple of days before playing in the biggest game on the NFL stage.

2. The superbowl has become a circus and media day(s) are nothing more than another money-grubbing gambit for the NFL. If a player doesn't like the exposure, then he shouldn't be subjected to it. After all, they're there to play the game, not participate in the circus.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...beast-mode-hat

Different interview, same childish crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I didn't see the humor in it. I just saw a grown man acting like an f'n punk. He makes all that money because fans pay to see him. Those same fans would like to hear a word or two from their favorite player. Would it be so much for him to answer a couple questions? If not for the league, how about the people who pay for tickets and his jersey? I hope he gets the piss fined out of him.

I agree. These players get paid a ton of money to play a game and making themselves available to the media is part of their contract. Either deal with it like other players do or go find a job somewhere else.

I do agree that this media day has become a circus. It's supposed to be for the actual media, not for the rest of the clowns.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

That is crap. Gestapo Goodell needs to lighten up

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Like Kermit said...fine Lynch, let the Patriots cheat their way to the Super Bowl, let Robert Kraft talk down to the league, let Browner put a "hit" out on Richard Sherman. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    You do realize that those requirements are probably tied up in contracts, right? Its as much about not violating contracts as "Gestapo Goodell."

But yeah, lets keep crying for contract violations.
    A player shouldn't face fines because he doesn't wear league sponsored stuff, that is just wrong. The NFL has gone too far with this

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Marshawn Lynch

Crackin' Jokes with Gronk

... On Conan O'Brien

Newsflash -- Marshawn Lynch has a FUNNY side ... and here's the hilarious video that proves it.

The Seattle Seahawks running back teamed up with the enemy (Rob Gronkowski) for a hilarious video game battle on "Conan" ... which quickly turned into a comedy session.

The segment is pretty hilarious ... with Lynch crackin' drug jokes ... Gronk making a boner pill joke ... and overall hilarity ensuing.

Unclear when the guys found time to shoot the bit -- which is set to air Thursday on TBS -- but it seems like the two NFL superstars really hit it off.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/28/marsha...-conan-obrien/

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    A player shouldn't face fines because he doesn't wear league sponsored stuff, that is just wrong. The NFL has gone too far with this
    you mean the same league sponsored stuff that pays out to the owners and is the figured into the salary cap, raising the players ability to make money? Not to mention helping pay the players? Yeah, we dont want the players to abide by rules that helps them get paid.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Harrison hated talking but he did. Lynch is a punk trying to poke his finger in goodells eye.
    Merry Christmas