Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

A jury is expected to be seated next week in the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez.
    Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh has cleared 53 potential jurors as of Friday after individually questioning them to weed out people who are biased, have a hardship or have a valid reason to be excused................

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2792458...ernandez-trial

I am stickying a new thread on this topic. It's sure to get a lot of attention in the coming weeks. Please post all articles and comments to this subject here.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial

They need 12 people who know absolutely nothing about football.

Skip Bayless has already been seated as a juror.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Robert Kraft might as well be on the jury. He will probably get off.

Dwinsgames

during evidence over view 2 things that pop off the page over and above all that's been talked about here before ...

1) Hernandez DNA found on shell casing in the rental car

2) Hernandez DNA also found on a roach laying near LLoyd's body

pile that on top of everything else and I see no way they can come out of this without a conviction

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    during evidence over view 2 things that pop off the page over and above all that's been talked about here before ...

pile that on top of everything else and I see no way they can come out of this without a conviction
    If the glove don't fit...you must acquit.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If the glove don't fit...you must acquit.
    good luck shrinking the DNA unlike leather it wont shrink after its already been tested

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Same could be said about the DNA in the OJ case is the point. Hopefully the results,are different with the Hernandez case.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Dwins, these are Massholes we're talking about and he played for the Pats.

"Honestly Judge, I don't know how those multiple slugs found their way into Odin Lloyd's body! Musta been the weather!"

"Case dismissed! "

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Dwins, these are Massholes we're talking about and he played for the Pats.

"Honestly Judge, I don't know how those multiple slugs found their way into Odin Lloyd's body! Musta been the weather!"

"Case dismissed! "
    Lol.

Nothing is a guarantee anymore in this fucked up world.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

It's already a circus. But "Judge Ito" has it under control:

Aaron Hernandez Jurors Can Watch Super Bowl, Must Leave If He's Mentioned

The 18 New England residents sitting on the jury in the murder trial of former Patriots star Aaron Hernandez will be allowed to watch the home team play in Sunday's Super Bowl, but the judge overseeing the case says they must leave the room if his name is mentioned................

Read more @ http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aar...ave-if-n297441

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    It's already a circus. But "Judge Ito" has it under control:

Aaron Hernandez Jurors Can Watch Super Bowl, Must Leave If He's Mentioned

The 18 New England residents sitting on the jury in the murder trial of former Patriots star Aaron Hernandez will be allowed to watch the home team play in Sunday's Super Bowl, but the judge overseeing the case says they must leave the room if his name is mentioned................

Read more @ http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aar...ave-if-n297441
    I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned. Before last nights game , I think Tom Brady's last touchdown pass in the Super Bowl was to Aaron Hernandez

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Hernandez judge removes juror

FALL RIVER, Mass. -- The judge overseeing the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has removed a juror, saying there was evidence she had spoken about the case in the past few years and had an early interest in being seated on the panel.

Bristol County Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh dismissed the juror Tuesday afternoon after questioning her individually and closing the courtroom to hear evidence on the matter.

After a closed-door hearing that lasted more than 90 minutes, Garsh said there was credible evidence that the juror specifically discussed an opinion about the case, including that it would be hard to convict Hernandez without the murder weapon.

She said the juror also discussed several items of evidence that the court has ruled are inadmissible in this case.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...esumes-tuesday

She was tryin' to cheat. Fail!

sleezy pickle doodle Array title="touchdownward is a glorious beacon of light"> touchdownward's Avatar

What this tells me is that Hernandez truly believes he is untouchable (more so leaving the roach than leaving the shell casing). I say this because shell casings can seemingly sprout legs sometimes when removed from the gun, but leaving the roach appears intentional. Also, why you want to waste some good weed!
    BLAH!!!Forever loving and missing you Gal.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Hernandez judge removes juror

FALL RIVER, Mass. -- The judge overseeing the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez has removed a juror, saying there was evidence she had spoken about the case in the past few years and had an early interest in being seated on the panel.

Bristol County Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh dismissed the juror Tuesday afternoon after questioning her individually and closing the courtroom to hear evidence on the matter.

After a closed-door hearing that lasted more than 90 minutes, Garsh said there was credible evidence that the juror specifically discussed an opinion about the case, including that it would be hard to convict Hernandez without the murder weapon.

She said the juror also discussed several items of evidence that the court has ruled are inadmissible in this case.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...esumes-tuesday

She was tryin' to cheat. Fail!

Wonder if she will have to return the check to Kraft.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Wonder if she will have to return the check to Kraft.
    No doubt he be mad.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Missing ex-juror found in alley.

AML

Aaron Hernandez Trial: Judge Allows Video of Him Dismantling Phone Into Evidence

The murder trial of ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez resumed today with the judge ruling that prosecutors can show video of him dismantling his cell phone a day after Odin Lloyd had been shot multiple times.

Hernandez, 25, was caught on police surveillance camera taking apart his phone into three pieces, prosecutors said.

The video was taken in the police parking lot in North Attleborough, Massachusetts, on June 18, 2013, a day after Lloyd was killed..........

Read more @ http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-herna...ry?id=28944329

That judge is pretty rough lookin'. I'd post the pic but I don't wanna scare anyone.

Video shows Lloyd getting into car

FALL RIVER, Mass. -- Grainy surveillance video shown Friday to jurors in the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez shows the victim an hour before he was killed climbing into a car that prosecutors say was driven by Hernandez.

Hernandez is charged in the June 17, 2013, shooting death of Odin Lloyd, who was dating his fiancee's sister.

A neighbor who lived across the street from Lloyd in the Dorchester section of Boston captured the video on three surveillance cameras on his property early that morning. In the video, Lloyd is seen around 2:30 a.m. walking up and down the sidewalk outside his home. At 2:32 a.m., a sedan pulls up. He enters the rear passenger side, and it drives away.

Prosecutors have said Hernandez was driving a Nissan Altima he had rented, accompanied by acquaintances Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz. Both men are also charged in the killing. They will be tried separately.

At 2:53 a.m., that car was photographed driving through a toll plaza on the Massachusetts Turnpike without paying, according to testimony Friday by Rocky D'Angelo, who works at the company that manages electronic toll collection for Massachusetts. Prosecutors showed a photograph of the car's license plate as it drove through the toll plaza.

Prosecutors have said the men then drove to an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, where Lloyd was shot. His body was found early the day.

Also Friday, the judge and prosecutor got into a heated argument over text messages sent by Lloyd to his sister in the minutes before he was killed.
    Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh previously ruled them inadmissible. In one, Lloyd told his sister, Shaquilla Thibou, he was with "NFL."

After prosecutor William McCauley called Thibou to the stand, Hernandez's defense team asked the judge for a sidebar before she was seated. After a brief conversation, she ordered a recess. When court resumed, the defense said it would agree to let the court tell jurors that Lloyd was alive at 3:22 a.m.

Prosecutors have previously said Hernandez's car left the industrial park where Lloyd's body was found at 3:27 a.m.

But McCauley became agitated and told Garsh he would not agree to that, and said he wanted jurors to hear that four text messages were sent, at 3:07 a.m., 3:11 a.m., 3:22 a.m. and 3:23 a.m. He said the messages indicate Lloyd was alive and his location.

The judge said he couldn't ask Lloyd's sister about texts at all, prompting McCauley to push again.

"I have made a ruling. My ruling stands!" Garsh replied angrily.

McCauley indicated he might appeal. He chose not to call Lloyd's sister to the stand.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...im-getting-car

Member Array title="Pappy is on a distinguished road">

Hernandez has a long lost identical twin brother who did it!

Senior Member Array title="Jaucer is on a distinguished road">

midwest ohio home of the MAC high school conference

text messages does not prove one way or the other that the owner of the phone was alive. If you have possession of the phone then you can send test messages and appear to be the owner. I have no idea who is on what side because I've simply declined not to let this circus entertain me just like I never followed the oj case. I can't do anything about it whether I agree or not, so why waste my time and emotions. Most things in our legal system and government already piss me off so why punish myself even further.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Lol.

Boy ain't that the fucking truth.

Robert Kraft testifies for prosecution

Patriots owner Robert Kraft testified that Aaron Hernandez told him he was innocent when asked whether he was involved in the murder of Odin Lloyd.

Kraft spent a little more than a half-hour on the stand Tuesday at the Fall River Justice Center after being called by the prosecution in Hernandez's murder trial.

Hernandez is charged with the June 17, 2013, slaying of Lloyd, who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee.

Kraft was asked about the events of June 19, two days after the killing. By then, Kraft said, there was a strong media presence at Gillette Stadium, including helicopters, which were covering the investigation.

Kraft said he found Hernandez in a weight room working out and pulled him into an adjacent office for a private talk.

"I understood there was an incident that had transpired, and I wanted to know whether he was involved, and if he was -- any player that comes into our system, I consider part of our extended family, and I wanted to get him help," Kraft said.

"What did he say?" prosecutor William McCauley asked.

"He said he was not involved," Kraft replied. "That he was innocent and that he hoped that the time of the murder incident came out because he said he was in a club."

Prosecutors have said Hernandez was at a bar earlier in the evening, then drove to Boston with two friends, picked up Lloyd and killed him in an industrial park.

Kraft said his conversation with Hernandez lasted five to 10 minutes. Later, he saw him one last time at the stadium.

"He hugged and kissed me and thanked me for my concern," Kraft said.

Kraft at times seemed uncomfortable on the stand, even when he was asked where he worked. He first said 1 Patriot Place, the address of Gillette Stadium. When asked what he did at work, he replied, "Whatever they ask me to do."

Then, asked if he ran a business, he replied: "We're a packaging and paper business and private equity, and we have two sports teams." He first listed the New England Revolution soccer team, then the Patriots.

Hernandez signed a $40 million contract with the Patriots in 2012, but as defense lawyer Michael Fee questioned him, Kraft said he couldn't remember whether it ran through the 2018 season.

"I don't get into the details. I just knew we signed him," he said, adding that Hernandez was signed because he was "a very good player."

Hernandez watched closely during Kraft's testimony, which lasted a little over 30 minutes.

As he left the courthouse, Kraft was heard saying, "It's very sad." He was later asked if he sympathizes for Lloyd's family.

"Yes," Kraft told reporters. "A man died."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12592695

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Roger Goodell, newly-crowned "King of the World" has issued his first decree...

He's a Patriot! Case dismissed!

Oh, and a $50K fine for James Harrison!

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

"He hugged and kissed me and thanked me for my concern," Kraft said.

Saw a tweet that asked why wasn't Kraft asked about Deflate gate while under oath?

Aaron Hernandez’s fate is in the hands of a jury

The fate of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is in the hands of a jury after closing arguments and jury instructions in his murder trial ended this afternoon.

Hernandez faces both a murder charge and charges of unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition. If jurors convict him of first-degree murder, he would be sentenced to life in prison without parole. If jurors convict him of second-degree murder, he would be eligible for parole in 15 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l%2Carticle%5D

Lol.

Ain't that the truth!

TV crew's action leads to threat of mistrial in Aaron Hernandez case

FALL RIVER, Mass. – Two jurors determining the fate of Aaron Hernandez told Bristol County Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh that a Boston television station van was present at their parking lot Wednesday night and approached jury vehicles, an act that violates Massachusetts’ law.Both jurors – one male, one female – remained on the jury, which entered its second full day of deliberations on whether Hernandez murdered Odin Lloyd in the early morning hours of June 17, 2013.

Hernandez is a former star player for the New England Patriots and as such the case has attracted major media attention.

"It was one person in the vehicle; it was in the parking lot,” Garsh explained later of a van she identified as belonging to WHDH-TV, the NBC affiliate in Boston. "It slowed down as jurors were pulling out. It was looking at the jurors [in a way] the jurors deemed inappropriate."

Jurors park or get dropped off at a parking lot away from the Fall River Justice Center and then are transported to the courthouse in a van. It is an effort to protect them from outside influences whether it's the media, families on either side of the trial or the general public following the case.

There is no reason for a media member to be at that location.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tv-crew...143822715.html

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

This whole trial has been one of the weirdest I've ever followed.