Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patriots coach Bill Belichick 'shocked' about 'deflate-gate' scandal

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Patriots coach Bill Belichick 'shocked' about 'deflate-gate' scandal

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I think you won the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The true culprit behind the deflated footballs..."Harry!"

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I'll be damned,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I knew that girl in high school.

AML

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    When did he start wearing the filthy scissor-altered hoodies?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Barf!

Blandino says NFL will look at permitted pressure range

The entire #DeflateGate controversy sprang from the provision in Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book regarding the mandate that the football be filled with enough air to create 12.5 to 13.5 PSI of internal pressure.

That’s been the standard for a very long time, according to NFL V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino.

“I have rule books going back to 1940 in my office, and that was in the 1940 rule book,” Blandino told reporters this week during a Super Bowl football operations press conference. “[NFL Senior Vice President of Player Personnel and Football Operations] Joel Bussert, who many of you know in the league office who’s kind of a historian, he’s got rule books that go back prior to that. It’s been in there even before 1940.”

So where does the range come from?

“[W]e really rely on the experts in the football world, [football manufacturer] Wilson, to give us that number,” Blandino said. “That’s where that spectrum comes from. I feel like we will review that with Wilson and the Competition Committee to look at if we need to have a range or what will that acceptable range be.”
    Read more: Blandino says NFL will look at permitted pressure range

Why don't they just go the whole route and change the rulebook to make it illegal to even touch Tom "His Exalted Holiness" Brady as well, since that's obviously who this is a sop for?

Oh, and since laws against murder have also been the standard for a very long time and Tommy can always use another weapon, let's look at getting those repealed as well so he can have Hernandez back. I'm sure all the racists in Boston will have no problem looking the other way since Odin Lloyd was "only" black anyway.

I'm DONE with this goddamn league until Goodell and his fucking goons are gone!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I join you FS. I knew they were going to blame the rule. And the NFL stamp of approval is the SB to the Cheats.

Goodell has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I join you FS. I knew they were going to blame the rule. And the NFL stamp of approval is the SB to the Cheats.

Goodell has to go.
    Now if we can get about 100 million more people to do so, maybe the owners will finally take notice. Nobody can really sit there and complain and still continue to watch at this point, because continuing to watch is the same as tacit approval of Goodell. Time to make a stand.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Hater = Realist

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Now if we can get about 100 million more people to do so, maybe the owners will finally take notice. Nobody can really sit there and complain and still continue to watch at this point, because continuing to watch is the same as tacit approval of Goodell. Time to make a stand.
    Kind of depressing to hear this was the highest rated SB ever. I am really starting to see this league like the WWE. Wildly popular, but you have to know it is fake, Right?

Doesn't explain the precipitous drop in their fumbling as a team as compared to the rest of the league since 2007 when the rule was coincidentally changed to allow teams to furnish their own footballs.

I'm sure Belichick is just such an awesome genius coach that he taught them to stop fumbling too...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Doesn't explain the precipitous drop in their fumbling as a team as compared to the rest of the league since 2007 when the rule was coincidentally changed to allow teams to furnish their own footballs.

I'm sure Belichick is just such an awesome genius coach that he taught them to stop fumbling too...
    The fumble stats have been thoroughly debunked. The original study was basically fundamentally flawed and #'s were used with no understanding of context or league wide comparison.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-t...mos-1681805710

Article is long, but it was written by two stats profs and basically says that math is hard and the first set of articles about the Pats fumbles did not do the math well at all.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Just wondering. Has anyone heard anything on the investigation into the deflated footballs. I think the investigation is set to resume as soon as the find the missing footballs in question.

AML

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The fumble stats have been thoroughly debunked. The original study was basically fundamentally flawed and #'s were used with no understanding of context or league wide comparison.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-t...mos-1681805710

Article is long, but it was written by two stats profs and basically says that math is hard and the first set of articles about the Pats fumbles did not do the math well at all.
    If there was no advantage to be gained by doing so, then why risk it? And I'm not buying the "cold weather" nor the "they were only under-inflated by a few ticks" narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Just wondering. Has anyone heard anything on the investigation into the deflated footballs. I think the investigation is set to resume as soon as the find the missing footballs in question.
    Right. I think they're counting on the short attention span of the public in general to take care of everything.

Right. I think they're counting on the short attention span of the public in general to take care of everything.
    The what?

If there was no advantage to be gained by doing so, then why risk it? And I'm not buying the "cold weather" nor the "they were only under-inflated by a few ticks" narratives.
    If all this clear the patriots propaganda is true, then they must be doing it to show simply that they can. After all, they are the patriots.

AML

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Lol...what deflated footballs? The 2014 season is over for sake of argument. The front office of the league knows not what you speak of...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol...what deflated footballs? The 2014 season is over for sake of argument. The front office of the league knows not what you speak of...
    Exactly...