Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots coach Bill Belichick 'shocked' about 'deflate-gate' scandal

Dwinsgames

Re: Patriots coach Bill Belichick 'shocked' about 'deflate-gate' scandal

as much as I dislike the Seahags I have little choice but hope they win the SB cause I refuse to go towards cheaters

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Shocked, I tell you!
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Last edited by vader29; 01-24-2015 at 02:45 PM.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Today's 'Ballghazi' presser.

No explanation of why the atmospheric conditions only affected their footballs and not the ones supplied by the Colts.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It's funny how the atmosphere works...affecting the Patriots but not the Colts...silly atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Belichick is, was, and will always be full of shit.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I can't believe a "genius' like Bill Belichick* expects people to believe that bullshit story.

- - - Updated - - -

And we are expected to believe that the greatest genius that ever walked the sideline knew nothing about how air pressure in a football affects performance before this week.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'm telling you, I'll be shocked if ANYTHING comes out of this.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I'm telling you, I'll be shocked if ANYTHING comes out of this.

In a way it doesn't matter. The damage is already done no matter how the league goes about adjudicating it. The Patriots and their fans thought they were finally getting out from under the cloud of "Spygate". This was to be their I told you so moment. They were far enough removed from Spygate that if they won this one they could tie them all together Super Bowl wins and losses all 6 of them and claim Spygate was insignificant. That there was no hint of cheating in their last 3 Super bowls ( which of course is stretching it to say the least) so they would pretend all the prior SB wins were magically cleansed.

But now this. It tells everyone outside of Boston that the Patriots can't win legitimately. Or that will be the sense of it. True or not. So they may or may not win, but every single accomplishment that team has will be viewed with a jaundiced eye from now until the end of time. And I love it.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

It's funny how the atmosphere works...affecting the Patriots but not the Colts...silly atmosphere.
    Y'all are just haters. It's SCIENCE! (Of course, there's still the pesky fact that none of the balls the Colts used deflated in the same manner, but never mind about that...)

Carnegie Mellon University physics professor Gregg Franklin said weather conditions should be strongly considered.

While the balls were presumably inflated indoors to NFL standards two hours before kickoff, Franklin said temperatures in the low 40s could adversely affect air pressure in the balls.

"Absolutely," he said. "It's pretty basic physics that when something that's inflated cools off, the pressure goes down."

Franklin's theory is that tampering was unlikely, but rather the cool air was a factor.

"It actually comes out to be a pound and a half, if you add up the numbers correctly," he said. "If one measured a pound and a half or two pounds from that, I would say there's no evidence that it's no more than basic physics."
    http://www.wtae.com/news/people-are-...burgh/30867638

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The rest of the story will be how the refs look the other way when it comes to the Pats. Squeezegate.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Obviously the Colts kept they balls warmer. I have had a lot of experience with both warm and cold balls. I have found that if you keep your balls warm they will stay pretty much the same, if they get hot they can even enlarge and get harder. If you let your balls get cold they will most certainly get soft, and smaller. The answer is adding a ref that does nothing but check the temperature of the QBs balls. If they are to cold the ref can then warm the QBs balls up to the proper temperature before the play resumes. If the QBs balls are to warm the ref can simply wave the QBs balls around in the cold air till they are the proper temperature.

It's all simple physics.

AML

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    In a way it doesn't matter. The damage is already done no matter how the league goes about adjudicating it. The Patriots and their fans thought they were finally getting out from under the cloud of "Spygate". This was to be their I told you so moment. They were far enough removed from Spygate that if they won this one they could tie them all together Super Bowl wins and losses all 6 of them and claim Spygate was insignificant. That there was no hint of cheating in their last 3 Super bowls ( which of course is stretching it to say the least) so they would pretend all the prior SB wins were magically cleansed.

But now this. It tells everyone outside of Boston that the Patriots can't win legitimately. Or that will be the sense of it. True or not. So they may or may not win, but every single accomplishment that team has will be viewed with a jaundiced eye from now until the end of time. And I love it.
    I agree with you. However, the thought of Goodell getting up there and saying their investigation didn't find anything or couldn't prove that the Patriots did anything wrong turns my stomach...pisses me off...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Carnegie Mellon University physics professor Gregg Franklin said weather conditions should be strongly considered.

While the balls were presumably inflated indoors to NFL standards two hours before kickoff, Franklin said temperatures in the low 40s could adversely affect air pressure in the balls.

"Absolutely," he said. "It's pretty basic physics that when something that's inflated cools off, the pressure goes down."

Franklin's theory is that tampering was unlikely, but rather the cool air was a factor.

"It actually comes out to be a pound and a half, if you add up the numbers correctly," he said. "If one measured a pound and a half or two pounds from that, I would say there's no evidence that it's no more than basic physics."
    Ok so let's just say for a minute that all this Physics Professor is saying is true. Why did it only happen to 11 of the 12 balls?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Ok so let's just say for a minute that all this Physics Professor is saying is true. Why did it only happen to 11 of the 12 balls?
    And why did it only happen to Brady's balls?

That physics professor needs to go home. He's drunk.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Carnegie Mellon University wouldn't happen to be someplace around Boston, would it.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Carnegie Mellon University wouldn't happen to be someplace around Boston, would it.
    No, actually it's in Pittsburgh. Since X-T works there, maybe he should go pay the professor a visit and kick him in the head or something.

I agree with you. However, the thought of Goodell getting up there and saying their investigation didn't find anything or couldn't prove that the Patriots did anything wrong turns my stomach...pisses me off...
    This. Absolute bullshit if (more like when) it happens.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I hate to say it, but you know damn well Der Commish is going to let them off the hook.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Bellichick needs to resurrect Arlen Spector to explain away these magical balls he has.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    No, actually it's in Pittsburgh. Since Eric works there, maybe he should go pay the professor a visit and kick him in the head or something.
    You would think I'd remember that after living there for a while.

AML

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    No, actually it's in Pittsburgh. Since X-T works there, maybe he should go pay the professor a visit and kick him in the head or something.
    The Physics Department is a short walk away from my office, too. I could actually do that.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    You know you've reached an all-time low when you get called out by Bill Nye on TV.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The only thing that Belicheat is truly surprised about is that he got caught.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert