Thread: its senior bowl week folks !!

Dwinsgames

its senior bowl week folks !!

http://www.seniorbowl.com/

keep track best you can at link above , twitter blowing up about it ...

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Re: its senior bowl week folks !!

A few players I really want to watch.
    Ibraheim Campbell Northwestern
    S 5'11 205
    Kurtis Drummond Michigan StateBud
    Dupree Kentucky
    DE 6'3 252
    Ifo Ekpre-Olomu Oregon
    DC 5'9 195 Didn't think he would be ready to play.
    Markus Golden Missouri
    DE 6'2 260
    Owamagbe Odighizuwa UCLA
    DE 6'3 270
    Lynden Trail Norfolk State
    OLB 6'6 260
    Garrett Grayson Colorado State
    QB 6'2 220

AML

Dwinsgames

guys I will be looking at are ...

Crowder ...

Shaw ..

Rowe...

Rollins..

Drummond ...

Za'darius Smith...

Trail ....

Kikaha ...

Orahcard ...

Koyack...

Nelson ....

Tartt ....

Prewitt ....

D'Joun Smith ...

Golden ...

Flowers ...

Mauldin...

Grant ...

thats a good start anyways LOL if you may have noticed they are primarily from 2 categories ...coverage and pass rush with just a couple other guys but will obviously be watching everyone and some I have not listed in particular

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Some day 1 tweets

Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 6h 6 hours ago
    DE/LB Kikaha 6024 246 with a build that looks near maxed

Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 5h 5 hours ago
    LB Jeff Luc 5116 263 compact with more muscles than you'll ever have
    CB Steven Nelson 5100 199. Some scouts were worried about his size on tape so hitting the 5-10 mark was important for him
    Miami Ohio CB Quinten Rollins 5110 193. Well put together
    DT Danny Shelton 6016 343 - Drew some "woahs" with his size.

RB Tyler Varga 5102 227. Won the North workouts with his cut physique. Shredded
    WR Sammie Coates 6016 213. Cut upper body with longer arms than most linemen here (33 1/2")
    DE Trey Flowers 6022 268 with one of the largest wingspans here (84 1/8")
    DE Markus Golden 6022 255 with shorter arms (31"). I bet we'll see him at LB some this week

RB David Johnson 6006 224. Looks like a LB with good hand size (9 5/8")

OG Arie Kouandjio 6047 318. Long arms (34 3/4") and wingspan (84 1/2")
    WR Tyler Lockett 5095 181. Smaller hands (8 3/8") as expected
    DT Joey Mbu 6026 315. Massive lower body with long arms (34 1/2")
    DE Owa Odighizuwa 6034 266. Looks like he would win bodybuilder competitions. Cut physique
    Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 4h 4 hours ago
    LB Lynden Trail 6062 262. Longest arms on south squad (34 7/8")
    ane Brugler @dpbrugler · 2h 2 hours ago
    Duke WR Jamison Crowder is a Brandin Cooks Light out here. Explosive breaks with natural adjustments on the ball. Like him more and more
    Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 1h 1 hour ago
    As expected, CB Steven Nelson has been impressive. Patient but competitive. If I can steal him in the 3rd, Id consider my draft a success

Dane Brugler @dpbrugler · 58m 58 minutes ago
    So far we've seen undraftable QB Sean Mannion in practice. Just like most of his 2014 game film... #SeniorBowl

Lets see what little crumbs they give us this senior bowl.

Dwinsgames

twitter going crazy over Jamison Crowder , raved reviews for the 5'8 and change WR from duke ( my secret is out )

Dwinsgames

Rowe practiced at S today ( hey tex )

Dwinsgames

http://

Dwinsgames

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Rowe practiced at S today ( hey tex )
    Now it's up the him to show if I was right or not. I think this is a good move for him.

AML

Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Any chance that guys can post a few sentences along with the links? Via Tapatalk, this thread is pretty much worthless to those members viewing this way. The tweets don't show and the links don't always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Dwinsgames

sorry man will try to remember that moving forward

Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames

This doesn't really surprise me. One of the first things I noticed about him was his anticipation to the ball. The TE part, I didn't count on. When will he try out of SS?

AML

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I should think about making the trip. I'm only about an hour from Mobile.

Dwinsgames

pretty good article on senior bowl by a guy I respect quite a bit my boys David Johnson and Jamison Crowder get his nod making it even more special http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/2...port-nfl-draft

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Is anyone really impressed with anything they saw yesterday? I didn't watch the entire game but there sure didn't seem to be any defensive standouts, maybe that means there are some good Oline players in this draft?

RB, Johnson looked good and I was impressed with Varga who can run, block, catch and play ST.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Is anyone really impressed with anything they saw yesterday? I didn't watch the entire game but there sure didn't seem to be any defensive standouts, maybe that means there are some good Oline players in this draft?

RB, Johnson looked good and I was impressed with Varga who can run, block, catch and play ST.
    I wasn't able to watch it, but I heard Orchard played very well.

Dwinsgames

I have not watched it either , had NFL network package discontinued from my cable service , it was in a bloatware bundle add on that we did not watch any of the other channels and was not going to pay their price for that package for 1 channel that I rarely would tune into...

I imagine next week it will be on the senior bowls page like it has been in past years , if not it will be on youtube by someone ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

No one really stood out to me. Johnson from N. Iowa looked pretty good and would be a good late round flier.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="TMC has a spectacular aura about">

I liked the look of some of the edge rushers. Some showed up on the stat sheets, some did not, but they still made their presence known. Nate Orchard had the look of a solid pass rusher, more of a 4-3 DE as he played much better from the down position than he did standing. Za'Darius Smith is another guy that is very unpolished, but he has the look of a 4-3 DE. That is good news as it could keep some teams off some 3-4 OLBs tweeners. Hau'oli Kikaha is one disruptive guy, got a lot of push and worked some OTs even though he did not hit the stat sheet. Henry Anderson looked like a nice looking 3-4 DE pass rusher. Very quick into gaps. Preston Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Lynden Trail all flashed. Each had something to like. I think the value for a pass rusher is in the 2nd round, from 40-60 picks unless they catch some fire at the combine and rise. Each has a hole, something they need to improve, but each has something that looks pretty good about them.

Not too impressed with Danny Shelton. He got bounced around pretty good, never really got much penetration, had 2 solos, 3 assists, all came on the wrong side of the LOS and only one was a stop under 3 yards. Not a great day if you are looking for a 2-gap NT. Arie Kouandjio looked pretty good when he faced off with Shelton in one-on-one matchups. In some instances, he manhandled him. He is considered a 2nd round guy and I would love to see him on my team, future LG with some movement and good power. There are some pretty good looking WRs, but the QBs struggled throwing the ball. Corners looked athletic, but few got their heads around to locate the ball.

The group of runningbacks showed just how deep this draft may be in that area. I think you can get a potential starting RB in the 3rd/4th in this draft, which means if the Steelers want a quality backup to Bell, a middle round pick could pay big dividends. You might see the top runningbacks (Gordon, Gurley) could fall into the second because the depth of this draft may allow teams to hold off. Nasty deep at RB.

Also, along with Kouandjio, some guys like Marpet, Max Garcia, Laken Tomlinson, Rob Havenstein, and La'el Collins showed up as quality offensive linemen and potential starters. That is good news because the Steelers lack some depth along the OL and could really bolster this line if the right guy slips into the right spot. There are also some talented but raw tackles that could potentially develop into excellent left tackles.

And, the TE group, while lacking upper end studs, looked to have some quality in the middle rounds, which also bodes well for the Steelers. If someone told me today I could trade my 22nd pick for a couple picks in the middle of the 2nd and maybe a 3rd, I would pull that trigger right now. Not sure the talent you land at #22 is that much better than what you will see from #40-60. Nice solid draft for red chip players with not many elite guys at the top.