Thread: Jerome Bettis: Finalist For 2015 NFL Hall of Fame

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Jerome Bettis: Finalist For 2015 NFL Hall of Fame

Congrats to The Bus!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Re: Jerome Bettis: Finalist For 2015 NFL Hall of Fame

GO BUSSY!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

With jagoffs like this on the HoF selection committee, I'm not going to hold my breath for Bettis to actually get in...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Of course, this jagoff is still on the committee:

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Of course, this jagoff is still on the committee:

Al Franken?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Al Franken?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Congratulations, Jerome!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I think he should make it, but if not, he will down the line. Then we can listen to the cowboys cry about Steelers bias.

AML

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He should definitely make it. No brainier IMO.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I doubt he makes it this year. And I'm not sure he ever will, and that's not the worst thing. Loved the guy. Thought he was a great Steeler. But he's right there on the border. I hope he gets in. But it's really close if you ask me. He just doesn't overwhelm me with his credentials.

It's not about stats to me. It's impact to the game at your highest level, and whether that level of play was sustained long enough. To me that's why Lynn Swann and Gayle Sayers are in. Because at their highest level they were game changers. Virtually without peer.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I doubt he makes it this year. And I'm not sure he ever will, and that's not the worst thing. Loved the guy. Thought he was a great Steeler. But he's right there on the border. I hope he gets in. But it's really close if you ask me. He just doesn't overwhelm me with his credentials.

It's not about stats to me. It's impact to the game at your highest level, and whether that level of play was sustained long enough. To me that's why Lynn Swann and Gayle Sayers are in. Because at their highest level they were game changers. Virtually without peer.
    I feel that as long as Riggins is in there, Bettis should be in there.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I feel that as long as Riggins is in there, Bettis should be in there.
    Riggins was the driving force behind a couple Super Bowl runs. Unfortunately when JB was in his prime and could have taken a team to the Super Bowl shitty Mike Tomzcak and then Kordell Stewart were the Steelers qb. In a sense Bettis was a victim of bad timing. Imagine what could have been if he and Ben's prime had coincided.

Riggins was the driving force behind a couple Super Bowl runs. Unfortunately when JB was in his prime and could have taken a team to the Super Bowl shitty Mike Tomzcak and then Kordell Stewart were the Steelers qb. In a sense Bettis was a victim of bad timing. Imagine what could have been if he and Ben's prime had coincided.
    Yep, I know - it's the same reason Dirt waited about six years longer than he should have to be inducted when he really should have gone in on his first ballot. He was the best center of his era and nobody else was even close.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Imagine having Bell and Bettis on the same team with a good oline!

Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

I just went to the HOF site, and I heaved a huge sigh of relief.... My oldest Granddaughter is getting married on August 1, and I was horribly worried that I was going to have to make a very difficult decision - - I had made a vow to myself about 12 years ago, that I would be in Canton, when Jerome gets inducted.... And every year, when the new kids have been announced, I sighed and said, "Well, now I have to live another year...." In all of the excitement of the engagement announcement, and everything, I suddenly realized that the first weekend in August could very well be induction weekend, and I was agast.... But it is the next weekend, so I can now do both..... I had already insisted that I wanted a reserved seat at the bar of the reception venue, with a view of the big screen so that I could watch.... This is after I futilely tried to convince her to have a destination wedding - - after all, it is a mixed married - - he is a Packer fan - - but that didn't fly.... We could have chartered buses and everything... Sigh....

I honestly feel that Jerome should make it in - - anti-Steelers bias be damned.... He is one of the last of a dying breed - - that muscle player who won games with his strength, his legs, and most especially, his heart... He belongs there... I hope it happens this year....

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Imagine having Bell and Bettis on the same team with a good oline!

Not enough carries to go around. Particularly if you paired them with an elite qb along the lines of Ben.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Bettis has similar stats to Curtis Martin and Martin was in the HOF at its 2nd year

I hope Bettis will be at the HOF this year, I'm tired to wait!

Not enough carries to go around. Particularly if you paired them with an elite qb along the lines of Ben.
    there is always room for a champion!
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Long overdue

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

when do they come out with the official inductees? personally i think kevin greene has a better chance of getting in than the bus but i hope they both get in together.

i could definitely see some bull shit like terrell davis getting in over jerome because of that monster hype train he's been riding since his first year of eligibility.

no one deserves to get into the hall because they were good for like 3 seasons. good god.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Davis definitely doesn't deserve to be in over Bettis. If he does, that's a joke...Bettis has the numbers, the performances and the longevity to get in.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

The Bus deserves it.

Anybody know the time of the announcement? Or do we have to sit through that NFL Honors nonsense?