Thread: Steelers Extend Todd Haley’s Contract Through 2016 Season

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Steelers Extend Todd Haley’s Contract Through 2016 Season

The Steelers have made their first signing of the offseason and they’ve done it so quietly that nobody’s noticed. Probably a good thing since no matter how well Todd Haley’s offense has performed, he’s still pretty universally unliked across Steeler Nation.

Ed Bouchette of the PPG reported, kind of in passing really, that the Steelers have signed Haley to a 2-year extension to keep him through the 2016 season. Haley was in the final year of his initial 3-year contract this season.

Haley’s arrival to the Steelers wasn’t all that smooth or celebrated. Mike Tomlin said in his season-ending presser following the Steelers playoff loss to the Denver Broncos in 2012 that he expected both of his coordinators to return the following season. Days later the Steelers did not renew then-Offensive Coordinator Bruce Arians’ contract and announced that he was retiring. Days later Arians was hired as the Offensive Coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts.

Read more: http://www.pittsburgh-blitz.com/pitt...t-2016-season/

Todd's reaction:

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Re: Steelers Extend Todd Haley’s Contract Through 2016 Season

Oh well, the offense play did somewhat improve as time went on. Guess we have to accept and move on. Now, is LeBeau kept ?

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

I guess we can resume all of the "FIRE HALEYY!!!" threads in the near future.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I'd rather see them lock up Munchak on a multi-year deal...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Oops, didn't see this before responding on the other thread!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Todd's reaction:

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

This is the right decision, even if Haley is not perfect

Stability is very important,especially since the offense is improving every year since 2012

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I can stomach it. Sometimes his playcalling frustrates me, but that's pretty much true of anyone in that position. Overall the offense is effective and improving. Now that Martavis Bryant and Markus Wheaton have practical game experience I think this team hits the season in high gear.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Munchak should be a top priority...losing him scares me.

I don't mind this the way the offense performed this year. It's funny that I prefer to see he and Tomlin go...but if Tomlin is staying, guess we should keep Haley too...???

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Munchak should be a top priority...losing him scares me.
    Munchak from last April:

“Even when I became a head coach, I wasn’t looking to be a head coach,” said Munchak.” I wasn’t beating the drums and having my agent out there, because I didn’t have an agent. I’m the same way right now. I took this job because I think it’s a great fit. I think this is a great opportunity in a great city with a great organization, and I have a chance to coach some young offensive linemen I think can be really, really good. When you have a great quarterback anything can happen, and the Steelers’ defense is something that’s always been good. I’m for the moment, man. This is where I want to be. I could see myself being here a long time if it works right for everybody and I just kind of take it one year at a time. I’m looking to be here for the long run.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...e-0ef2af8db254

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Yeah, I'm OK with this. I can't complain about how the offense performed overall. I hope they put in some incentive clauses about the number of failed bubble screens, and banning Dri Archer from coming within 100 yards of the field, though.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Well that must mean they are not going to extend Ben. Surely Harrison was brought in just to keep them from killing each other.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Yeah, I'm OK with this. I can't complain about how the offense performed overall. I hope they put in some incentive clauses about the number of failed bubble screens, and banning Dri Archer from coming within 100 yards of the field, though.
    Except for the effing red zone.

Pathetic year in and year out.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I wish Haley would just fall off the face of the earth already, but whatev.

I attribute our successful offense to the talent of the Killer B's, as well as Munchak's work with the offensive line.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Not a fan of Haley at all. I think the offense did well in spite of him, not because of him. That said, I can't fault the team for extending him for continuity's sake.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Not a fan of Haley at all. I think the offense did well in spite of him, not because of him. That said, I can't fault the team for extending him for continuity's sake.
    Yes,the continuity is too important for the success of an offense

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I am glad they made the move. He has produced results. NFL's no. 2 offense, NFL's no. 2 pass offense, NFL's leading passer (tied), NFL leader in receptions and receiving yards, 11-5 and division champs with a bottom half defense. I know I might get crucified by some but Haley been the better coordinator the past 2 years (look at the stats if you want to argue)

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora -

The more I go back and watch tape, more I realize Todd Haley calls one of the best games of any OC. Uses one play to set up another so well.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It got off to a "rough start", but I think Haley did a great job last year...if I am nit picking, the use of personnel at times (ie: Dri Archer) and the play calling didn't match. But overall, I think Haley did a superb job in 2015 as an OC.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben not peeling himself off the turf nor aching by the end of the season, and is playing the best ball of his career.

Le'Veon Bell emerging as multi-tiered threat.

Antonio Brown being Antonio Brown.

O-Line no longer a weakness.

You can Like or not Like Haley, but you cannot argue with the results.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora -

The more I go back and watch tape, more I realize Todd Haley calls one of the best games of any OC. Uses one play to set up another so well.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I'll be happy if Haley doesn't miss a flight to a game this year. Yeah! Go Todd!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Less cute play calling and more adapting to counter the opposing defense.
    All Defense!

He can miss every flight, punch a towel,dispenser, wreck a hotel room, get caught with hookers, get caught with weed and rape a girl a week...as long as he's producing and calling a good game...I don't care...lol.