Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Classic (I'm Pumped) Will tickets be a lot?

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Winter Classic (I'm Pumped) Will tickets be a lot?

Did anyone go to the first Winter Classic? How much did you pay? Anyone have any idea what they will start at? I can handle up to $150 a ticket. Want to take the little lady..

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Im for sure going to this winter classic no doubt, but I just have a feeling these are going to be extremly expensive tickets, but it's something you don't go to or see everyday, im excited!

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

So true... I'm might just spent whatever they are going for to go...

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Heinz Field got it for 2011? Last I heard they were looking at Citi Field.

Where you been.. We have it..

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

I just hope it snows.

Junior Member Array title="Official_ELS is an unknown quantity at this point">

I'll be driving taxi this weekend abso-frikkin-lutely for sure. These sorts of events bring in boatloads of visitors and their cash into the city, and the Official wants to get his hands on a stack! WOOHOO.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'm really excited for this!!! I hope to get tickets for it, it's going to be an awesome game!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    Did anyone go to the first Winter Classic? How much did you pay? Anyone have any idea what they will start at? I can handle up to $150 a ticket. Want to take the little lady..
    I went to the first Winter Classic, and the tickets really weren't that bad - I paid $50 for a limited-view seat, meaning I couldn't see the ice from where I was sitting. They ran anywhere from $75-$200 for a good seat, so I'm guessing they'll be in the same range because of the amount of seats they can sell. All Pens' season ticket holders will be able to buy tickets, which is great, so I know I'll be able to nab a couple. If you can go, I highly recommend it - it's an awesome experience!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm in a bit of a pickle... I'm in the process of moving into my first apartment, so I'm buying all the stuff for it. I wanted to do the "all-inclusive" bus trip to a Steelers game like I did last season, then I find out about this. Hmm... what to do, what to do. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    I'm in a bit of a pickle... I'm in the process of moving into my first apartment, so I'm buying all the stuff for it. I wanted to do the "all-inclusive" bus trip to a Steelers game like I did last season, then I find out about this. Hmm... what to do, what to do. lol.
    This is a once in a life time thing or atleast for the next 10-20 years..

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    This is a once in a life time thing or atleast for the next 10-20 years..
    I know. Money's really tight though since I'm moving into the apartment. I would love to go, but I don't either trip is happening.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    I know. Money's really tight though since I'm moving into the apartment. I would love to go, but I don't either trip is happening.
    Well I hope you find a way to fork up some money this is something you may not get many chances to see because this will be the Pens 2nd Winter Classic and so close together they may not play for awhile and seeing this and being their would be amazing! Good luck!

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

I'm already really excited about this game.

Living in California, there will be no way in hell I can go but I'm excited for you guys that can.

But even watching on TV is going to be something special. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Well I hope you find a way to fork up some money this is something you may not get many chances to see because this will be the Pens 2nd Winter Classic and so close together they may not play for awhile and seeing this and being their would be amazing! Good luck!
    I'm hoping that the Tour company that does the Steelers trips that I used last year has something for this game. That would be awesome because they usually include everything (hotel, game ticket, an all you can eat pregame tailgate party)

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
    I just hope it snows.
    It sure as heck would be great to have that much like we did in the classic against the Sabres a couple of years ago. Then we shall have great conditions for a Winter Classic.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    It sure as heck would be great to have that much like we did in the classic against the Sabres a couple of years ago. Then we shall have great conditions for a Winter Classic.
    Yeah, the snow up there made it that much more awesome. If the Hockey Gods are kind, it'll snow here too.

I'd also like to see them wear either this jersey:

or this one:

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Yeah, the snow up there made it that much more awesome. If the Hockey Gods are kind, it'll snow here too.

or this one:

The 91-92 season jerseys were and still are my all time favorites would love to see them on their backs again!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

or this one:

I could go for those jerseys. I just wonder what classic ones that the Caps would use

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    I could go for those jerseys. I just wonder what classic ones that the Caps would use
    Maybe these ones?
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Maybe these ones?
    It would have to be that one - that's their original jersey that they wore for their first 25 years in the league.

Maybe these ones?
    Either that one or the nasty looking ones they had before and for a little bit after Ovie showed up.

Formerly Big7BenHOF Array title="ChosenOne is an unknown quantity at this point">

I might cancel my yearly Steelers game trip to Pittsburgh for my birthday to go to the Winter Classic. Really not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
    I might cancel my yearly Steelers game trip to Pittsburgh for my birthday to go to the Winter Classic. Really not sure though.
    I won't miss the winter classic for the world. The Pens will not play in one for many seasons to come after this and it being in my home city makes it perfect!

- Greg Lloyd

Formerly Big7BenHOF Array title="ChosenOne is an unknown quantity at this point">

I won't miss the winter classic for the world. The Pens will not play in one for many seasons to come after this and it being in my home city makes it perfect!
    Well the only thing is that it's been a yearly tradition for my birthday for the past three or four years to travel to Pittsburgh (I live in California) and go to a Steelers game. I love doing that, but I don't know if I should try and go to the Winter Classic instead.

Well the only thing is that it's been a yearly tradition for my birthday for the past three or four years to travel to Pittsburgh (I live in California) and go to a Steelers game. I love doing that, but I don't know if I should try and go to the Winter Classic instead.
    That is for sure one hard decision, but man if you could make it to the Winter Classic that would be one thing that won't be in Pittsburgh at least 8 times in a season. Either or is a win win situation for you!

- Greg Lloyd

That is for sure one hard decision, but man if you could make it to the Winter Classic that would be one thing that won't be in Pittsburgh at least 8 times in a season. Either or is a win win situation for you!
    Yeah it is. Well, going to the Winter Classic would sure be amazing. I'm gonna talk to my mom about it (she's who I go with each year) and we'll figure things out. I'll let you know which I'm going to.

Yeah it is. Well, going to the Winter Classic would sure be amazing. I'm gonna talk to my mom about it (she's who I go with each year) and we'll figure things out. I'll let you know which I'm going to.
    Sound's good to me! Is your mom a big Pens fan as well because that may help her decision!? :biggrin1:

- Greg Lloyd

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=40....Cleveland%20OH

Well, here is what you do.. Go to the Winter Classic game which they usually start at Noon or so. After the game check out of your hotel and drive to Cleveland for that game which is our last regular season game and stay over night there and fly out of Cleveland the next day.. It's a 2 hours drive from Burgh to Stainsville..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

You can bet your sweet bippy XT and I will be there!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!