Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Classic (I'm Pumped) Will tickets be a lot?

Formerly Big7BenHOF Array title="ChosenOne is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Sound's good to me! Is your mom a big Pens fan as well because that may help her decision!? :biggrin1:
    Yeah she is. Ha. She's coming home tomorrow so I'll figure things out then.
    "Steeler football is 60 minutes. It's never going to be pretty. Throw style points out the window, but these guys will fight to the end." - Mike Tomlin

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
    Yeah she is. Ha. She's coming home tomorrow so I'll figure things out then.
    Sounds good, let me know im interested in your final decision!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    You can bet your sweet bippy XT and I will be there!
    Damn straight! It'll be cold, but believe me, the experience is well worth it!

Formerly Big7BenHOF Array title="ChosenOne is an unknown quantity at this point">

Well I just sent her a text and asked if she'd rather go to the Winter Classic and she responded saying "not really." Well, I kind of rather would and we're gonna talk when she gets home. We'll see how this plays out!
    "Steeler football is 60 minutes. It's never going to be pretty. Throw style points out the window, but these guys will fight to the end." - Mike Tomlin

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Well I just sent her a text and asked if she'd rather go to the Winter Classic and she responded saying "not really." Well, I kind of rather would and we're gonna talk when she gets home. We'll see how this plays out!
    Good luck I hope you can convince her for the Winter Classic it's not around Pittsburgh very often, I for sure will be there!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Good luck I hope you can convince her for the Winter Classic it's not around Pittsburgh very often, I for sure will be there!
    I'll try. If it does happen, that would be great and we should have some sort of Steel Universe meet-up with everyone who's going. Ha.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Never been to one, but I'm thinking they'll go for more than $150/ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I'll try. If it does happen, that would be great and we should have some sort of Steel Universe meet-up with everyone who's going. Ha.
    Im down and I know X-T and HTG will gladly wanna meet up too It would be pretty sweet!

- Greg Lloyd

I don't know if I'll be going.

We may have come up with an agreement: go to the original Steelers game we planned on (vs. CIN - Dec. 12) AND go to a Pens game if there's one at home during the trip.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Never been to one, but I'm thinking they'll go for more than $150/ticket...
    Yeah, if you want a decent 200-level club seat at Heinz. Otherwise, I guarantee you will be able to get a good seat, even if it's in the upper deck, for less than $100. We're talking about 65,000 seats, not 35,000 like there were in Chicago and Boston, or a playoff game. You won't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for tickets.

Im down and I know X-T and HTG will gladly wanna meet up too It would be pretty sweet!
    Sure, why not? HTG will probably agree...I mean, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience (well, twice for me LOL).

Senior Member Array title="Dodt is on a distinguished road"> Dodt's Avatar

to be honest i really want the pens to wear a different sweater for this winter classic like the old jersey from either the early 80's or the 90s road jersey

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Re: Winter Classic (I'm Pumped) Will tickets be a lot?

I can only imagine how awesome its gonna look that day. Hopefully I can get ahold of a couple tickets.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

It's almost mid-August.. Any date on when non-season ticket holders can get tickets? I hear the season ticket holders are not happy with the choices they have been given on tickets.. I see Caps are getting 10,000-12,000..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

MST Junkie Array title="SteelCityMom is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    It's almost mid-August.. Any date on when non-season ticket holders can get tickets? I hear the season ticket holders are not happy with the choices they have been given on tickets.. I see Caps are getting 10,000-12,000..
    This is the latest I've heard on it...it seems like it's going to be a while till non-season ticket holders can get seats.

Penguins' Statement on Winter Classic Tickets
    Thursday, 07.29.2010 / 2:00 PM / Features
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    All Penguins season ticket holders and suite holders will have a chance to purchase tickets to the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic at Heinz Field. Letters to season ticket holders and suite holders have been mailed.

Once we’ve received all the orders from season ticket holders and suite holders, we will make our remaining inventory available to members of the season ticket holder waiting list in the form of a lottery.

We also have reserved a block of tickets for Pittsburgh area youth hockey organizations.

As this is a National Hockey League event, the NHL and the Washington Capitals also have a Winter Classic ticket inventory.

An on-sale ticket lottery for the general public will be handled and communicated by the NHL sometime in October or November. Please check nhl.com for more Winter Classic ticket details.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535148

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Thanks for the update sweets..

HTG and I have already purchased our tickets, so we're good to go! As for the lottery, if you do decide to get in on it, I'd suggest you do so that day, within the first few minutes of it, if you hope to get tickets at regular price. Otherwise, Stubhub and their sure-to-be ridiculous prices will be your only hope. Expect to pay at least $140 if you plan to get them through the lottery - that is the going rate for the cheapest seat.

BTW, some season ticket holders are complaining because of the seats they were assigned at Heinz. Everyone was assigned upper deck seating, but some are complaining about the location not being anywhere close to what they have at Consol, and some think that the full-season plan holders should have gotten lower-bowl seats. Also, the price difference between a lower bowl and an upper bowl seat is only $20, and some have complained about that. Unfortunately for them, the league controls seating arrangements for the game, not the Penguins, so they had to work with what they had. Luckily for us, our seats are nearly identical to what we have in Consol, both in sight line and number of rows back from the front.

That's what I read this morning.. So how can I be notified as soon as the auction is up? Any idea?

There will probably be an announcement sometime in October about the lottery, so I would just keep checking the Pens' website, or subscribe to the Pens' online newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    There will probably be an announcement sometime in October about the lottery, so I would just keep checking the Pens' website, or subscribe to the Pens' online newsletter.
    Cool.. Already on the newsletter distro.. Thanks

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

to be honest i really want the pens to wear a different sweater for this winter classic like the old jersey from either the early 80's or the 90s road jersey
    That would be really cool to be honest. Something like the 1985 jersey would be awesome.

O by the way, you can get Winter Classic stuff off of the NHL's website: http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp...sicGear_072910
    I'm looking at this really cool pack you can get from there: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    That would be really cool to be honest. Something like the 1985 jersey would be awesome.

O by the way, you can get Winter Classic stuff off of the NHL's website: http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp...sicGear_072910
    I'm looking at this really cool pack you can get from there: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt
    Actually, given the logo, I think they're going to wear the blue jersey they wore in their very first season in 1967 that says "PITTSBURGH" down the front.

The logo for the WC is their original one with the skating penguin wearing a scarf. They dropped the scarf from the logo in 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Actually, given the logo, I think they're going to wear the blue jersey they wore in their very first season in 1967 that says "PITTSBURGH" down the front.

The logo for the WC is their original one with the skating penguin wearing a scarf. They dropped the scarf from the logo in 1968.

Looks like I'll be getting a new jersey then... lol

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Longtime fans get left out in the cold
    'It's like an All-Star Game or Super Bowl. It's a league event'

For Carl DiGiorgio, the geometry doesn't compute.

Placing 18,000 Penguins season-ticket holders among some 65,000 seats at Heinz Field for the Jan. 1 Winter Classic shouldn't leave such wide angles, he figures.

"I expected my seats to be in the lower bowl," DiGiorgio, of Upper St. Clair, said this week. "Instead, I'm in the upper bowl, section 531, near the top of the stadium.

"Maybe I'm just being naive, but I thought you would get rewarded for being a longtime season-ticket holder."
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10231/1081076-61.stm

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    For Carl DiGiorgio, the geometry doesn't compute.

Placing 18,000 Penguins season-ticket holders among some 65,000 seats at Heinz Field for the Jan. 1 Winter Classic shouldn't leave such wide angles, he figures.

"I expected my seats to be in the lower bowl," DiGiorgio, of Upper St. Clair, said this week. "Instead, I'm in the upper bowl, section 531, near the top of the stadium.

"Maybe I'm just being naive, but I thought you would get rewarded for being a longtime season-ticket holder."
    Hey you know what? Go ahead and sell them then. There will be someone who will be happy to sit in your seats if you don't want them. Oh and BTW, you sit in the upper fucking deck at Consol. Where the hell did you expect to sit for the Winter Classic? Same for that Crystal lady. When the information was made official, I fully expected to be placed in the upper deck, because that's where our seats are. And guess what? I was right! Section 507, row C, seats 1-2. And HTG and I will have a better view of the game than almost anyone sitting in the lower level. Thank you very much.

It's a once in a lifetime event that you may never see again, and people whine. Unbelievable. Fucking crybabies.

Oh, and BTW...I sat in the lower bowl at center ice for the first Winter Classic, and I couldn't see half the ice because of the boards being in the way. And I was no more than 10 rows from the field. So no, those are NOT the best seats in the house, Ms. Hamel. You are better off being higher up, because you will have a clean view of the entire ice surface.

The bigger outrage should be the Capitals getting 20,000 seats, while the Steelers only get 5,000. WTF?! The game is being played in the Steelers' stadium...how the hell do the Craps end up getting so many tickets???

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

XT, I posted this specifically to get your reaction. I hope that doesn't qualify as baiting.

I don't know why these people are so upset. Like you said, It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm sure someone will be more than happy to take the ticket off their hands, and as the article states, "this is not considered a Penguins home game". I'm sure the NHL exec's are expecting all "hockey" fans, not just fans of these two particular teams. Outside hockey IS like an all-star event... It just hasn't happened as often.

As far as the caps fans, can we just get some kind of pied piper to lead them straight into the freezing river once they get off their busses.

So it looks like I'm not going to the Winter Classic game... I was just on Ebay and saw a lot of bidding and tickets but the prizes are just unreal.. Nothing less then $500... Dagnabit..

Anyone know where I can go to get the tickets for the WBS Pen's/ Bears game at Consol... That will be about what I can afford... lol

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    XT, I posted this specifically to get your reaction. I hope that doesn't qualify as baiting.

I don't know why these people are so upset. Like you said, It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm sure someone will be more than happy to take the ticket off their hands, and as the article states, "this is not considered a Penguins home game". I'm sure the NHL exec's are expecting all "hockey" fans, not just fans of these two particular teams. Outside hockey IS like an all-star event... It just hasn't happened as often.

As far as the caps fans, can we just get some kind of pied piper to lead them straight into the freezing river once they get off their busses.
    The league is expecting fans from other teams to be there just like the first 3 WCs. However with the Pens, Craps and Steelers fans taking up over 55,000 seats, there will not be many available to the general public after you factor in tickets the league is giving out to corporate sponsors. They consider it their big event similar to the Super Bowl, but with a hell of a lot less hype or meaning. Anyway, the fact that these fans are bitching shows how spoiled many people have become, and can't just enjoy the moment since they may never have this opportunity again. I will now have the good fortune of attending 2 Winter Classics...who knows when I'll be able to see another one?

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPensStillerakawirels3 View Post
    So it looks like I'm not going to the Winter Classic game... I was just on Ebay and saw a lot of bidding and tickets but the prizes are just unreal.. Nothing less then $500... Dagnabit..

Anyone know where I can go to get the tickets for the WBS Pen's/ Bears game at Consol... That will be about what I can afford... lol
    Ticket info hasn't been released for that game yet, but I'm sure something will be sent via the Pens' online newsletter. Your best bet is to try to get in on the lottery if you want WC tickets. I'd check Craigslist as well - you may be able to get tickets for face value or slightly above through there.

2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic Ticket Drawing Registration Begins Today Only on NHL.COM

The National Hockey League (NHL®) today announced that beginning today, fans can sign up on NHL.com to enter a general public, random drawing for an opportunity to purchase two of the limited number of tickets remaining to the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® – the outdoor NHL regular-season game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Washington Capitals at 1 p.m. ET on January 1, 2011 at Heinz Field, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The game will be broadcast on NBC in the U.S. and on CBC and RDS in Canada.

Fans seeking a chance to win an opportunity to buy tickets to the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic can go to www.nhl.com/winterclassictickets for Official Rules, complete details and to sign up for entry.

Registration for the general public, random ticket drawing will begin on Friday, September 17, 2010 at 2 p.m. ET and will run through Monday, October 11, 2010 at 11:59 a.m. ET. Registrations received after the deadline will not be accepted. There is no fee to register. Limit one entry per person or household. Registrants selected in the drawing will be notified by Tuesday, October 26, 2010 of their opportunity to purchase one pair of tickets (seated together) subject to seats available at time of purchase transaction.

More:
    http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537799&navid=DL|PIT|home

bump

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

That's something I might have to look into.