Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    That's cute

It wasn't voter fraud but Russia did hack the election with the intent to benefit the GOP nominee according to any credible source (which of course excludes El Caudillo del Mar-A-Lago and his posse).

FBI Director James B. Comey and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. are in agreement with a CIA assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in part to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to U.S. officials.
    Comey’s support for the CIA’s conclusion — and officials say that he never changed his position — suggests that the leaders of the three agencies are in agreement on Russian intentions, contrary to suggestions by some lawmakers that the FBI disagreed with the CIA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a4c8fc7a81a4

If Putin was accused of seeking to assist Hillary Clintion Trump supporters would be screaming about it.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    That's cute

It wasn't voter fraud but Russia did hack the election with the intent to benefit the GOP nominee according to any credible source (which of course excludes El Caudillo del Mar-A-Lago and his posse).

FBI Director James B. Comey and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. are in agreement with a CIA assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in part to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to U.S. officials.
    Comey’s support for the CIA’s conclusion — and officials say that he never changed his position — suggests that the leaders of the three agencies are in agreement on Russian intentions, contrary to suggestions by some lawmakers that the FBI disagreed with the CIA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.a4c8fc7a81a4

If Putin was accused of seeking to assist Hillary Clintion Trump supporters would be screaming about it.
    Proof? Voting machines are not connected to the internet. How was the voting hackked?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Proof? Voting machines are not connected to the internet. How was the voting hackked?
    I did not say the voting machines were hacked, which was why I said it was not voter fraud. Hacked the election by hacking the DNC email system and then releasing what was obtained in an attempt to influence the outcome of the campaign.

The positions of [FBI Director] Comey and [Director of National Intelligence] Clapper were revealed in a message that CIA Director John Brennan sent to the agency’s workforce Friday.

“Earlier this week, I met separately with [FBI Director] James Comey and [Director of National Intelligence] Jim Clapper, and there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election,” Brennan said, according to U.S. officials who have seen the message.

The CIA and the FBI declined to comment on Brennan’s message or on the classified intelligence assessment that CIA officials shared with members of the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this month, setting off a political firestorm.

In the closed-door Senate briefing, CIA officials said it was now “quite clear” that electing Trump was one of Russia’s goals, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

CIA and FBI officials do not think Russia had a “single purpose” by intervening during the presidential campaign, officials said. In addition to the goal of helping elect Trump, Putin aimed to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, intelligence officials have told lawmakers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.9a194832b80b

The Perfect Weapon - How Russsian Cyber-Power Invaded the U.S.

While there’s no way to be certain of the ultimate impact of the hack, this much is clear: A low-cost, high-impact weapon that Russia had test-fired in elections from Ukraine to Europe was trained on the United States, with devastating effectiveness. For Russia, with an enfeebled economy and a nuclear arsenal it cannot use short of all-out war, cyberpower proved the perfect weapon: cheap, hard to see coming, hard to trace.

“There shouldn’t be any doubt in anybody’s mind,” Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency and commander of United States Cyber Command, said at a postelection conference. “This was not something that was done casually, this was not something that was done by chance, this was not a target that was selected purely arbitrarily,” he said. “This was a conscious effort by a nation-state to attempt to achieve a specific effect.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/politics/russia-hack-election-dnc.html?action=click&contentCollection=Politics&m odule=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=art icle

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Watching the video it sounds like they have had problems before in Detroit but have made great strides towards improving how the voting is conducted...
    Last edited by GBMelBlount; 12-17-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Has anyone ever noticed that the demorats have never said any of the leaks were untrue and/or false. Me neither.

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-British ambassador who is now a WikiLeaks operative claims Russia did NOT provide Clinton emails - they were handed over to him at a D.C. park by an intermediary for 'disgusted' Democratic whistleblowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-insiders.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Has anyone ever noticed that the democrats have never said any of the leaks were untrue and/or false. Me neither.
    So what we have here is not an illegal hack by a foreign government but a public service announcement

Make Russia Great Again!

So what we have here is not an illegal hack by a foreign government but a public service announcement

Make Russia Great Again!
    So their evil diabolical plot to "rig" the election was to tell americans the truth about their government?
    Democrats are just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks at this point.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So their evil diabolical plot to "rig" the election was to tell americans the truth about their government?
    Democrats are just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks at this point.

Hillary Clinton lost for a lot of reasons other than Putin's effort to subvert the election, mainly because she was a horrible, dishonest candidate (FWIW I wrote in John Kasich for President since who carried Georgia was not going to swing the election and I could afford to make an empty gesture)

But hard to see how FBI Director Jim Comey can be accused of throwing shit against the wall to support the Democrats

Or these guys

Appearing on CNN Wednesday night Graham said, “I do believe the Russians hacked into the (Democratic National Committee). I do believe they hacked into (John) Podesta’s email account. . . . I do believe that all the information released publicly hurt Clinton and didn’t hurt Trump."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.c3cfa23dff8e

Responding to intelligence officials’ report that Russia tried to influence the U.S. presidential election in favor of President-elect Donald Trump, Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain (R-Arizona) on Sunday said he doesn’t know what to make of Mr. Trump’s dismissal of the issue.
    “I don’t know what to make of it because it’s clear the Russians interfered,” he told CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “Whether they intended to interfere to the degree that they were trying to elect a certain candidate, I think that’s a subject of investigation. But facts are stubborn things. They did hack into this campaign.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-mcc...king-response/

Unlike Senators McCain and Graham, good to know some folks apparently are fine with a hostile power seeking to intervene in a U.S. presidential election as long as it might f**k over someone they despise.

But at least Vlad Putin will know he has a big fan in the White House.

Hillary Clinton lost for a lot of reasons other than Putin's effort to subvert the election, mainly because she was a horrible, dishonest candidate (FWIW I wrote in John Kasich for President since who carried Georgia was not going to swing the election and I could afford to make an empty gesture)

But hard to see how FBI Director Jim Comey can be accused of throwing shit against the wall to support the Democrats

Or these guys

Appearing on CNN Wednesday night Graham said, “I do believe the Russians hacked into the (Democratic National Committee). I do believe they hacked into (John) Podesta’s email account. . . . I do believe that all the information released publicly hurt Clinton and didn’t hurt Trump."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.c3cfa23dff8e

Responding to intelligence officials’ report that Russia tried to influence the U.S. presidential election in favor of President-elect Donald Trump, Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain (R-Arizona) on Sunday said he doesn’t know what to make of Mr. Trump’s dismissal of the issue.
    “I don’t know what to make of it because it’s clear the Russians interfered,” he told CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “Whether they intended to interfere to the degree that they were trying to elect a certain candidate, I think that’s a subject of investigation. But facts are stubborn things. They did hack into this campaign.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-mcc...king-response/

Unlike Senators McCain and Graham, good to know some folks apparently are fine with a hostile power seeking to intervene in a U.S. presidential election as long as it might f**k over someone they despise.

But at least Vlad Putin will know he has a big fan in the White House.
    Look I know what your saying. It's not the first time and it's definitely not the last time. Maybe next time they can pass around top secret documents and e mail on a server thats a little more secure than gmail. Which in itself is illegal.
    It's eveybodys elses fault but their own.

But then we do the same thing.

Remember When Obama Interfered in Israel’s Election and Used Taxpayer Money to try and OUST Netanyahu.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ust-netanyahu/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Look I know what your saying. It's not the first time and it's definitely not the last time. Maybe next time they can pass around top secret documents and e mail on a server thats a little more secure than gmail. Which in itself is illegal.
    It's eveybodys elses fault but their own.

But then we do the same thing.

Remember When Obama Interfered in Israel’s Election and Used Taxpayer Money to try and OUST Netanyahu.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ust-netanyahu/
    Exactly. Not protecting emails was just another example of Hillary and her staff's incompetence. In football terms it would be like not protecting your signals from the Patriots. Mangini didn't play that **** and got Billy Boy the 500k fine and lost 1st rounder. Russia is the evil Patriots and America needs a Mangini.

IF HRC had won the election how many leaks would have followed? HRC was antagonistic towards Russia in a very hawkish way while being incapable of keeping intel out of Russian hands apparently: recipe for disaster.

"We lost because we were incompetent! It's not fair!"

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

They're complaining about some conspiracy because the hackers were Russian?

Don't they know basically all hackers are Russian? Are they new?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    They're complaining about some conspiracy because the hackers were Russian?

Don't they know basically all hackers are Russian? Are they new?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

It wasn't voter fraud but Russia did hack the election
    False. *If* the Russians hacked anything, it was the DNC server, not "the election". If that act affected the election, then it's the DNC's fault 1) for doing all that dirt in the first place and 2) failing to cover their tracks after the fact. If the DNC was as crooked as this info confirms, then they *deserved* to lose. Yeah... *somebody* rigged an election, but it wasn't the Russians, it was the DNC. And *somebody* colluded with the Russians, but it wasn't Trump, it was Hillary. A little 'Inconvenient Truth' for ya.
    The media narrative is "exposing the dirt to the voters is meddling", which is pure-d bullshit, unless you happen to believe that an uninformed electorate is a good thing.
    Now that you know how dirty your party is, here's a little free advice:

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Hacked the election by hacking the DNC email system and then releasing what was obtained in an attempt to influence the outcome of the campaign.

if you have nothing to hide , it shouldn't /wouldn't be an issue

the DNC rigged the Primary elections and screwed Bernie

if there was ever an investigation that screamed investigate this that was it .... but ....

hey lets make a fake set of documents and try and Frame trump , it wont matter who all knows its fake because well " they are in on it "

so we will have his name all over the news night after night for a year or more trying to smear him in the meantime costing American tax payers Millions and millions of $$ for NOTHING and in the end maybe we can impeach him over complete bullshit ....

but hey what do I know all I am doing is witness it all first hand
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now