Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

2016 Presidential Election

The political threads have not been around for a while (probably a relief for the Mods, haha). Probably since suit left (he says hi to everyone by the way, seriously)....but, I figured with the campaigns certain to be in full swing in the near future, I wanted to start a thread to discuss the upcoming election. Who's your candidate? Who has a chance of winning?

Go...

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Honestly, I'm at the point now where it really doesn't matter who we put in office. We are all fucked. I don't even know who the main candidates are besides Hillary for the Dems. That's how little I've cared about politics and politicians recently.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Anyone not named Jeb Bush.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Isn't it pretty well Hillary's to lose?

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Honestly, I'm at the point now where it really doesn't matter who we put in office. We are all fucked. I don't even know who the main candidates are besides Hillary for the Dems. That's how little I've cared about politics and politicians recently.
    I'm with X-T on this one. Doesn't matter who's in office, we're boned anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I'm to the point that I want Jeb Bush to run just to piss off the democrats.
    Conservatives hate him even more than Democrats do. Conservatives dislike Democrats and truly despise establishment Republicans.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Conservatives hate him even more than Democrats do. Conservatives dislike Democrats and truly despise establishment Republicans.
    Although I believe he would be a decent candidate, his last name destroys any chance he ever had. I still think there is a candidate out there that hasn't come out of the shadows yet. I like Ben Carson a lot but don't think he stands a chance either

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I am not much into politics because everyone has a party line and neither party is about fixing things that are wrong. As for who I would like to see, preferably someone who is able to do some good for this country. IMHO we have had 2 of the worst run this country back to back and for way to long.

We need someone with Backbone and not a party or personal family agenda. If there is someone out there who fits that build please educate me, because right now all I know of is Hillary and Jeb and I wouldn't vote for either. I refuse to vote for the lesser evil as it is still evil and not what will fix the country.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I'm right there with you, brother! I'm so disillusioned with politics and politicians that, I haven't payed much attention to who's out there or even considering running.

I know I will NOT consider Jeb Bush. I'm kind of leaning toward Rand Paul right now. I'm kind of hoping John Kasich throws his hat in the ring. Other than that, I'll start paying more attention six months from now... as much as it will pain me to do so.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I'm kind of hoping John Kasich throws his hat in the ring.
    Kasich has done a decent job as governor, but at the end of the day, he's just another establishment Republican. Not much different than Jeb Bush, minus the baggage of the last name. This country needs to be taken in a different direction (preferably the right direction). I've been a Rand Paul supporter for a while now and was really hoping that he was the change we needed, but now I'm not even sure he's the answer. More and more, I'm beginning to agree with what X-T said in his above post.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

We're stuck with establishment types from both parties. Any viable candidate that would step up and threaten either side with real, solid answers and plans for this country, would probably end up keeping Hoffa company.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Although I believe he would be a decent candidate, his last name destroys any chance he ever had. I still think there is a candidate out there that hasn't come out of the shadows yet. I like Ben Carson a lot but don't think he stands a chance either
    I agree. Carson needs to run for office at a lower level and win. Maybe get a governorship. Then run for president.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I would like to see Carson share a ticket with someone that has a chance to get elected .
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    We're stuck with establishment types from both parties. Any viable candidate that would step up and threaten either side with real, solid answers and plans for this country, would probably end up keeping Hoffa company.
    This. Gotta make sure to keep that gravy train rolling right along at our expense. Keep the masses arguing about minutia in order to take their minds off of how hard they are being screwed, while they literally laugh all the way to the bank. You do anything to upset that at your peril.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I would like to see Carson share a ticket with someone that has a chance to get elected .
    You know, to be honest, I wouldn't. The last VP to get elected was George Bush. Before that, it was Nixon. Moreover, Veeps without much experience often become the butt of political jokes that mocks them so much it's hard to shed that image before they can actually be taken seriously.

You know, to be honest, I wouldn't. The last VP to get elected was George Bush. Before that, it was Nixon. Moreover, Veeps without much experience often become the butt of political jokes that mocks them so much it's hard to shed that image before they can actually be taken seriously.
    Exactly.....see Joe Biden and Dan Quayle for recent examples. Gore came close, he became a joke a few years later though.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

I'm to the point that I want Jeb Bush to run just to piss off the democrats.

Is there something wrong with me?

Nope. Nothing wrong with you as far as I'm concerned. I not only hope he runs, I hope he wins. Libs wouldn't know whether to shit themselves or have a coronary. Probably both.

Honestly, I kinda like the sound of a West/Carson ticket !!
    Stay classy, leftnutz

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm fully on board with Rand Paul or Ted Cruz.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Romney/Bush would be a strong ticket.
    All Defense!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

F da Bushes.

I know a curmudgeon on another board who's very conservative, but he hates the Bushes so much that he automatically votes Democrat if a Bush is on the ballot. He'd even take Fauxcahontas over Jeb or George P.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    F da Bushes.

I know a curmudgeon on another board who's very conservative, but he hates the Bushes so much that he automatically votes Democrat if a Bush is on the ballot. He'd even take Fauxcahontas over Jeb or George P.
    There's that. Not fair to Jeb, but Dubya has soured the electorate on Bushes to where I doubt we'll see another "President Bush" in our lifetimes.
    As for Mitt, it should be plainly obvious to everyone by now that he's just plain not likeable and thus unelectable.

Look at the kinds of candidates that have been picking up seats in the House and Senate the last couple cycles, and ponder why the Republicans are so scared to follow the same formula in the Presidential race.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Romney/Bush won't win

Just read an article about a drudge report poll that was taken. Walker recieved 47% of the votes, it wasn't even close. There are some things I like about him, some things I dont. He fumbled around yesterday with Raddatz grilling him, if he can't handle that, he will get destroyed in the debates

I've been following CPAC again this year, and I'm not sure why I bother.
    It shows who's popular with the Republican base and who's not, but that has absolutely nothing to do with who winds up being the nominee.
    It's always some "party elite" candidate that gets the nod, and they don't do well at CPAC because the base doesn't like them. Maybe if they nominated somebody who's actually *popular* they wouldn't keep losing elections...

Maybe I should start looking at CPAC as an indication of who the Republican candidate won't be.

Dwinsgames

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Sigh...yep. Unless the GOP can put a viable candidate out there instead of the usual "clown posse." Not holding my breath...

You would think the Dems could find a more viable candidate than Hillary. We're getting the same old shit, no matter what POS party wins.