Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Yeah, this is much ado about nothing. The pathological liar in this race is Hillary Clinton and I don't see them mentioning that fact.

And this barely scratches the surface.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship

Carson's campaign on Friday conceded that a central point in his inspirational personal story did not occur as he previously described.

The academy has occupied a central place in Carson's tale for years. According to a story told in Carson's book, Gifted Hands, the then-17 year old was introduced in 1969 to Gen. William Westmoreland, who had just ended his command of U.S. forces in Vietnam, and the two dined together. That meeting, according to Carson's telling, was followed by a full scholarship to the military academy.

West Point, however, has no record of Carson applying, much less being extended admission.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...#ixzz3qjb2WtPz

---------------------

He's done.
    He's done?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship

Carson's campaign on Friday conceded that a central point in his inspirational personal story did not occur as he previously described.

The academy has occupied a central place in Carson's tale for years. According to a story told in Carson's book, Gifted Hands, the then-17 year old was introduced in 1969 to Gen. William Westmoreland, who had just ended his command of U.S. forces in Vietnam, and the two dined together. That meeting, according to Carson's telling, was followed by a full scholarship to the military academy.

West Point, however, has no record of Carson applying, much less being extended admission.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...#ixzz3qjb2WtPz

---------------------

He's done.
    The Politico? Really?

In an interview, Carson's close friend Armstrong Williams argued that Politico had written a false headline off of Bennett's accurate quote."In the story itself, the campaign does not say Dr. Carson applied to West Point," Williams said of Politico. "Dr. Carson boasts about his scores in ROTC. Westmoreland encourages him to apply. As Dr. Carson says, they were impressed by his scores, but he never applied. They said to him, we could get you in. This guy got into Yale -- obviously he could have got in. The headline was a fabrication."
    Carson, whose steady rise to the top of presidential primary polls has started to draw media scrutiny his way, is depending on a loose interpretation of the word "scholarship." There is no tuition at West Point; there is no equivalent of a "scholarship" as generally understood at most universities. In his memoir "Gifted Hands" and in anecdotes about the offer, Carson never says that he "applied," only that some "scholarship" came his way after a meeting with Westmoreland and "congressional medal winners."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...did-not-apply/

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Politico redacted the story.
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/06/medi...int/index.html
    As I said, much ado about nothing.
    I'm not even on the Carson bandwagon, but I only see this making him stronger.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Carson supports amnesty, more gun control, has stated that his goals are the same as Al Sharpton’s, keeps a Farrakhan supporter on his staff, and has looked rather foolish talking about the pyramids.

That speaks more to me than his recollections as a Junior ROTC highschool kid

I still don't trust him

“Early on, when I entered the political arena and I was asked the question about guns, I didn’t know at that time that you always start that off by saying how important the Second Amendment is and that you will never compromise that”

—————————————————————————————————————————–

You like his honesty? If I read his statement right…he just said that he has learned to not speak the truth in politics and just say what his audience wants to hear.

"When asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that."

Him saying he doesn’t think those living in densely populated areas should have semi-auto firearms was the truth. The rest of what he said, is what he’s learned to be the “correct” response for someone in politics.....sorry, but the 2nd Amendment does not apply only to rural areas.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    He's done?
    Trump will win and it won't even be close.

He seems to embellish a lot of things

Ben Carson’s past called into question again as claims he hid white classmates during race riots

Last month, Carson detailed how he protected his white high school classmates the day after Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's 1968 assassination. Violent race riots ravaged Detroit's Southwestern High, which enrolled more black students than white students.

Carson, a junior lab assistant with a key to the school's biology workroom, shepherded his frightened friends to the lab to shield them from the violence, he told the Wall Street Journal.

The newspaper spoke with a half dozen of Carson's classmates and his high school physics teacher: Not one remembered his heroic hideaway.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2426739

Even by political standards, this is surreal.

Ben Carson Lied About Being Named Most Honest Student

A Wall Street Journal article notes that Ben Carson apparently claimed to have been named "most honest student" by a professor of a Yale class that never existed.

“The professor came toward me. With her was a photographer for the Yale Daily News who paused and snapped my picture,” Mr. Carson wrote. “ ‘A hoax,’ the teacher said. ‘We wanted to see who was the most honest student in the class.’ ” Mr. Carson wrote that the professor handed him a $10 bill.

No photo identifying Mr. Carson as a student ever ran, according to the Yale Daily News archives, and no stories from that era mention a class called Perceptions 301. Yale Librarian Claryn Spies said Friday there was no psychology course by that name or class number during any of Mr. Carson’s years at Yale."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-cars...ons-1446861864

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    The pathological liar in this race is Hillary Clinton and I don't see them mentioning that fact.
    And you won't...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Carson is getting lambasted by the lib media. They must feel threatened.

Don't know why...after the illegal, err, "undocumented" immigrant, family pet and deceased ballots have all been counted, the Hildebeest should win by a fairly comfortable margin, I would think...

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Then we can blame it on a YouTube video

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Carson hangs out with Black Jesus?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/g...lf-in-pictures

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

What I find funny is that now that it seems that Ben Carson is gaining some actual momentum in the national spotlight, the smear campaign by the liberal media is out in full force. We didn't, and probably wouldn't have seen this stuff a month ago, when he didn't have quite the relevance he does now. I'm sorry, but articles from the NY daily news and the Wall Street Journal do not constitute a fair and honest report from the media.

I also honestly feel that Dr. Carson is smart enough to weather a lot of the supposed firestorm he's encountering.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    What I find funny is that now that it seems that Ben Carson is gaining some actual momentum in the national spotlight, the smear campaign by the liberal media is out in full force. We didn't, and probably wouldn't have seen this stuff a month ago, when he didn't have quite the relevance he does now. I'm sorry, but articles from the NY daily news and the Wall Street Journal do not constitute a fair and honest report from the media.

I also honestly feel that Dr. Carson is smart enough to weather a lot of the supposed firestorm he's encountering.
    The "West Point scholarship" BS has already been redacted, but nobody's going to focus on that, just the original report. Hence, the damage has already been done.

Hell, I'm just waiting for the inevitable bogus report of him buying his medical degree via mail order or some such nonsense. I even noticed in the comments section of one of the many recent liberal hit pieces on Carson where some numbnut suggested that "surgeons are the jocks of the medical world and really aren't the brightest of the bunch."

Sure, clown, you go with that. That's why being a surgeon, and in particular a neurosurgeon, is one of, if not the highest-paying medical specialty out there - because any jabroni with a meat cleaver could do it.

What kills me is that this sort of treatment by the media of Obama would have resulted in nonstop squawking about racism, which is why he's spent the last 8 years getting the kid gloves treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post

Well, this is why so many campaign managers counsel their candidates not to peak too early. When you're winning, that's when all the knives come out.

If you're a Carson fan, don't worry about it. Republican primary voters hate the media so this is actually helping him. If the media likes a candidate too much, it works against them.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    The "West Point scholarship" BS has already been redacted, but nobody's going to focus on that, just the original report. Hence, the damage has already been done.

Hell, I'm just waiting for the inevitable bogus report of him buying his medical degree via mail order or some such nonsense. I even noticed in the comments section of one of the many recent liberal hit pieces on Carson where some numbnut suggested that "surgeons are the jocks of the medical world and really aren't the brightest of the bunch."

Sure, clown, you go with that. That's why being a surgeon, and in particular a neurosurgeon, is one of, if not the highest-paying medical specialty out there - because any jabroni with a meat cleaver could do it.

What kills me is that this sort of treatment by the media of Obama would have resulted in nonstop squawking about racism, which is why he's spent the last 8 years getting the kid gloves treatment.
    Hatred of conservatives trumps all else, hence ALL conservatives are idiots. Even being black doesn't mitigate that fact.

Top Ten things to say to a liberal when Trump is elected President

I hear Canada is beautiful in the winter.

I think I saw your name on the list of workers assigned to build that Southern Wall

Don't feel so bad, you still have Hollywood.

What are they doing in your town to celebrate Confederate Flag Day?

Did you hear they have Fox News in Canada now?

Your draft notice should be arriving soon in the mail.

Stop your whining and get into the revival tent.

Ted Cruz will make a great Supreme Court Justice!

Yes, Registered Democrats will be required to take sensitivity training classes on conservative values.

When are you scheduled to attend the Global Cooling re-education camp?

Bernie Sanders campaign accesses Clinton data, gets suspended by DNC

Bernie gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, cheater. Watergate all over again?

”The Democratic National Committee has suspended Sen. Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign from accessing its voter database after the campaign took advantage of a software error to access Hillary Clinton's confidential voter information.

The suspension is a setback for the Vermont senator because the database is a goldmine of information about voters nationwide. Campaigns usually use that data to plot their next moves.

The DNC database keeps the information gathered by different campaigns separated by a firewall.

But the data systems vendor that runs the program dropped the firewall for a brief period Wednesday, during which time the data was accessed

The Sanders campaign said one staffer was fired in connection with the incident.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/politi...nc-suspension/

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

And like clockwork, here comes the "bu-bu-bu-Bush!" whitewash of her little Email scandal.

And like clockwork, here comes the "bu-bu-bu-Bush!" whitewash of her little Email scandal.
    ... which won't withstand even cursory scrutiny. Inadvertently receiving classified info outside of approved channels isn't the same thing as intentionally setting up a system to do that, keeping your own server to handle official government traffic in violation of national security, perjury, evidence tampering, obstruction of justice, and conducting a coverup for influence peddling, graft, and corruption to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

I would pay money to get to be the one who slams the bars shut in her face.

Even the folks on the left are abandoning ship now because they just plain don't trust her.

... which won't withstand even cursory scrutiny. Inadvertently receiving classified info outside of approved channels isn't the same thing as intentionally setting up a system to do that, keeping your own server to handle official government traffic in violation of national security, perjury, evidence tampering, obstruction of justice, and conducting a coverup for influence peddling, graft, and corruption to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

I would pay money to get to be the one who slams the bars shut in her face.

Even the folks on the left are abandoning ship now because they just plain don't trust her.
    Not only that, but they're talking what, 12 Emails in total between Powell, Rice and their collective staffs over 8 years versus THOUSANDS for Clinton over 4 years? Yeah, real comparable.

As for the rats abandoning ship and her eventually going down, I don't see it, and after 2012, my faith in the American electorate is just no longer there. I think there are still simply too many people who are enamored with the "ZOMG! Woman President!" idea (particularly the lapdog media) for her not to wind up in the White House in eleven months, but we'll see. I hope you're right.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

I don`t want to meddle in this too much. Don`t know what would mean for America if Hillary wins, but i know what that would mean for my country. Anyone but Clintons, we are still recovering from the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    I don`t want to meddle in this too much. Don`t know what would mean for America if Hillary wins, but i know what that would mean for my country. Anyone but Clintons, we are still recovering from the last one.
    So are we.

I know libs just love to harp endlessly on the fact that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, but a huge reason that attack took place to begin with was that al-Qaeda was emboldened by 8 years of Clinton's "measured responses" (blowing up empty tents in Afghanistan and lobbing cruise missiles into aspirin factories in Sudan) and cutting and running when the U.S.' nose got bloodied (Mogadishu).

And don't even get me started on the mythical Clinton budget "surplus" which was nothing more than an accounting gimmick. Libs also love to toot his horn endlessly for the tech bubble of the '90s while conveniently ignoring the real reason for it (a little thing called the Internet boom).

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Not only that, but they're talking what, 12 Emails in total between Powell, Rice and their collective staffs over 8 years versus THOUSANDS for Clinton over 4 years? Yeah, real comparable.

As for the rats abandoning ship and her eventually going down, I don't see it, and after 2012, my faith in the American electorate is just no longer there. I think there are still simply too many people who are enamored with the "ZOMG! Woman President!" idea (particularly the lapdog media) for her not to wind up in the White House in eleven months, but we'll see. I hope you're right.
    Personally, that's my biggest fear as well. They'll vote for her simply because she's a woman (while completely ignoring all of her obvious flaws) just like they voted for Obama for no reason other than he's black.

Personally, that's my biggest fear as well. They'll vote for her simply because she's a woman (while completely ignoring all of her obvious flaws) just like they voted for Obama for no reason other than he's black.
    Well... this time things are trending differently (at least for the moment). Sanders is going to trounce her in NH and the national polling shows a statistical dead heat. This has destroyed her air of inevitability, and she's toast without that.
    The way things are going, Bernie Sanders is going to be the Dem nominee.

Well... this time things are trending differently (at least for the moment). Sanders is going to trounce her in NH and the national polling shows a statistical dead heat. This has destroyed her air of inevitability, and she's toast without that.
    The way things are going, Bernie Sanders is going to be the Dem nominee.
    If Hillary had (R) after her name, she probably would already be under indictment.

If Hillary had (R) after her name, she probably would already be under indictment.
    No doubt. In fact, if she was anyone *except* Hillary Clinton I think she'd already be under indictment. I'm not even sure Obama will pardon her. She did all that stuff against his express orders and he seems pretty pissed about it. This is one time I hope he sticks with his ego and lets her swing.

No doubt. In fact, if she was anyone *except* Hillary Clinton I think she'd already be under indictment. I'm not even sure Obama will pardon her. She did all that stuff against his express orders and he seems pretty pissed about it. This is one time I hope he sticks with his ego and lets her swing.
    You and me both.