Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    You would think the Dems could find a more viable candidate than Hillary. We're getting the same old shit, no matter what POS party wins.

Everyone works for her. No one can mount a credible challenge. We need someone to make a token effort though just to get some press in the primaries.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

That's the GOP's problem in national elections

Member Array title="Pappy is on a distinguished road">

You think Just like I do. Sad to say, but our country is going down the drain and fast. I don't see anyone getting elected that would really have the best interest of country in heart.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Hillary rolls out her campaign today - a tweet and a video from flyover country at 30,000 ft

perfect

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I'm looking forward to the Republican debates. I'll keep an open mind until then. But right now I'm leaning in Rand Paul's direction. He's revised some of his previous views on Israel and foreign policy to the point that I could see him as a viable President.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Hillary for President!

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Hillary has thrown her hat into the ring. It's hers to lose.

I've held out hope for '16, as it stands, looks like I'll be on the "this country is officially done" train.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Member Array title="Pappy is on a distinguished road">

We're stuck with establishment types from both parties. Any viable candidate that would step up and threaten either side with real, solid answers and plans for this country, would probably end up keeping Hoffa company.
    Sad but true. The rich establishment from both parties would never let it happen. Unfortunately, the rich decides who our next President will be by their campaign contributions. Not sure we can change that now without a good old fashioned revolution. The real people like you and me who work for a living have no say at all. What a same.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

We're stuck with establishment types from both parties. Any viable candidate that would step up and threaten either side with real, solid answers and plans for this country, would probably end up keeping Hoffa company.
    I disagree. There are some anti-establishment Republicans in the field that have a credible shot at the nomination. If that's what you want, I recommend getting engaged in the primary to help them succeed.
    Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I disagree. There are some anti-establishment Republicans in the field that have a credible shot at the nomination. If that's what you want, I recommend getting engaged in the primary to help them succeed.
    Best,
    -Slashy
    I always participate in the Primary. Who are these anti-establishment Republicans? I'd like to do a little reading on them.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I always participate in the Primary. Who are these anti-establishment Republicans? I'd like to do a little reading on them.
    Knowing slash's past, I'm sure he's all aboard the Rand Paul train

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    Knowing slash's past, I'm sure he's all aboard the Rand Paul train
    I sure am. I'm also a fan of Ted Cruz.

I met Rand back before he was even considering running for the Senate. He's a good guy and truly believes in what he's doing.
    I haven't met Ted Cruz yet, but his record speaks for itself. He's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.

Both of these guys are anti-establishment "tea party" types, and they're both beating Hillary in the polling.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Both of these guys are anti-establishment "tea party" types, and they're both beating Hillary in the polling.
    It's early yet. From what I've bothered to actually pay attention to so far, the media is already trying to marginalize them as a couple of right wing fringe kooks. And the Clinton Smear Machine has yet to shift out of neutral.

The clip from The Daily Show that NJarhead posted with the media having an orgasm over Clinton having lunch at a damn Chipotle pretty much tells me everything I need to know...

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    It's early yet. From what I've bothered to actually pay attention to so far, the media is already trying to marginalize them as a couple of right wing fringe kooks. And the Clinton Smear Machine has yet to shift out of neutral.

The clip from The Daily Show that NJarhead posted with the media having an orgasm over Clinton having lunch at a damn Chipotle pretty much tells me everything I need to know...
    The Clinton machine may have just crapped it's crankcase all over the staging area.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us...m-company.html

Not enough to make her perp-walk (which is what she deserves), but her chances of being the Dem nominee are fading fast. Even MSNBC is in on the feeding frenzy.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Yeah well, I'm still not convinced. They have basically a year to try to rehab her image, and don't think for a second that they wouldn't succeed.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Yeah well, I'm still not convinced. They have basically a year to try to rehab her image, and don't think for a second that they wouldn't succeed.
    The sheeple don't care either way.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    The sheeple don't care either way.
    I saw something today that reminded me of this, and so I'm posting it here.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...3152016nsaweb/

Q. 38: (Dem voters)
    Please tell me which one you would like to see as the Democratic presidential nominee.

Hillary is way out in front with 57%

Q.40: (Dem voters)
    How concerned are you about allegations of Hillary Clinton’s dishonesty and unethical behavior?

Overwhelmingly, 68% are not concerned.

And here's the kicker...

Q.46: (all respondents)
    How likely do you think it is that the Clintons were selling influence to foreign contributors who made donations to the Clinton Foundation?

Overwhelmingly, 61% say it's likely.

Dems: 41%
    Independents: 66%
    Republicans: 82%

The good news is that the independents are the ones who swing general elections and they line up with Republicans on this issue. Dem primary voters, OTOH, aren't convinced that this is a thing.

After seeing this, my hope is that the Dems will keep their heads in the sand long enough to give her the nomination and the GOP nominates somebody who's not dirty.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I work with die-hard liberals and they will vote democratic literally no matter what.

Obama could come to their house, kick their dog and throw their wife down the steps. To them, the dog shouldn't be inside the house anyway and the wife needs to pay attention to where she is standing.

Seriously.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    I work with die-hard liberals and they will vote democratic literally no matter what.

Obama could come to their house, kick their dog and throw their wife down the steps. To them, the dog shouldn't be inside the house anyway and the wife needs to pay attention to where she is standing.

Seriously.

"Conservatives are the Debbil!"

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

In related news, Donald Trump just announced his presidential campaign. This looks like it will be a fun one.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    In related news, Donald Trump just announced his presidential campaign. This looks like it will be a fun one.
    What a joke. He HAS to know he doesn't stand a chance in hell which means he has to be doing it for the press.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

The whole political spectrum in this country is so embarrassing. WTF happened to this country?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post

Trump surges to 2nd place

The new CNN/WMUR New Hampshire Primary poll finds Trump at 11%, just behind Bush at 16% in a wide open contest for the Republican nomination for president

-----------------

He's a fighter

Donald Trump's war with Univision gets nasty

On Friday he published an anchor's personal phone number, called for the resignation of a top executive and banned all of the channel's executives from using Trump's golf course in Miami.

Trump added a P.S.: "Please congratulate your Mexican Government officials for having made such outstanding trade deals with the United States. However, inform them that should I become President, those days are over."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/26/medi...-golf-courses/

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I like Trump.

Still, the arrogant media is very adept at propping up and destroying whoever they want.

So between the media bias and the majority of this country being minorities I just don't see anyone but a democrat ever winning.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Donald Trump is a sideshow barker, but at least he'll be entertaining.

Donald Trump is a sideshow barker, but at least he'll be entertaining.
    Bread and circuses

CRUZ OR LOSE!

Cruz: Any candidate not willing to make 2016 a referendum on repealing Obamacare should step aside

HOUSTON, Texas — U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, released the following statement regarding the Supreme Court’s decision on King v. Burwell:

“For the second time in just a few years, a handful of unelected judges has rewritten the text of Obamacare in order to impose this failed law on millions of Americans. The first time, the Court ignored federal law and magically transformed a statutory ‘penalty’ into a ‘tax.’ Today, these robed Houdinis transmogrified a ‘federal exchange’ into an exchange ‘established by the State.’

“As Justice Scalia rightfully put it, ‘Words no longer have meaning if an Exchange that is not established by a State is ‘established by the State.” He also said, ‘We should start calling this law SCOTUSCare’ – I agree.

“If this were a bankruptcy case, or any other case of ordinary statutory interpretation, the result would have been 9-0, with the Court unanimously reversing the Obama administration’s illegal actions. But instead, politics intervened.

“For nakedly political reasons, the Supreme Court willfully ignored the words that Congress wrote, and instead read into the law their preferred policy outcome. These judges have joined with President Obama in harming millions of Americans. Unelected judges have once again become legislators, and bad ones at that. They are lawless, and they hide their prevarication in legalese. Our government was designed to be one of laws, not of men, and this transparent distortion is disgraceful.

“I have made repeal of this disastrous law a top priority since the first day I arrived in the Senate and have made its repeal central to my campaign. Any candidate not willing to do the same—and campaign on it every day—should step aside.

https://www.tedcruz.org/news/cruz-any-candidate-not-willing-to-make-2016-a-referendum-on-repealing-obamacare-should-step-aside/