Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Pretty much. "Sure, she broke the law, but she didn't mean to and she's also promised while crossing her heart and hoping to die that it will never, ever happen again."

Also factor in her sycophants who will vote for her regardless of what she does and Trump being the trainwreck that he is and everything is still on track to have this guy back in the WH as "First Lady" come January...

And at the end of the day, considering the alternative (Trump), this may STILL be the lesser of two evils.

What a fucking shitshow this election has turned out to be. I honestly see no choice but to sit it out and simply not vote, personally, at least at the national level.

Since the libs here in Colorado are trying to push an amendment to the state constitution which is really nothing more than another cash grab/tax increase, I will definitely be voting no on that, but I'm leaving the ballot blank as far as the presidential election is concerned. Sure, I could essentially piss my vote away on one of the other options who collectively probably won't garner so much as 1% of the vote, but why bother?
    I'm voting for a 3rd party option to vote against the two-party system that has contributed to this mess. The lesser of two evils is still evil and I feel compelled to fight this philosophy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Which is why I will vote for Trump. Washington needs a MAJOR OVERHAUL and while Trump is surely not my ideal candidate, he just may be what is needed to get the ball rolling. There must absolutely be term limits put in place, people like Harry Reed, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, John McCain, Chuck Schumer , Lindsey Graham and a bunch of others have to go. Trump isn't a politician and that is a ray of hope in this massively corrupt political system.....media included.
    I doubt Trump is that guy. He may not be a politician but he has been a part of the political establishment for decades greasing the establishment for his own personal game.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I'm voting for a 3rd party option to vote against the two-party system that has contributed to this mess. The lesser of two evils is still evil and I feel compelled to fight this philosophy

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt Trump is that guy. He may not be a politician but he has been a part of the political establishment for decades greasing the establishment for his own personal game.
    Maybe not, but he's the only one with a chance at this time.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

My last post on the state of the race before election night:

This cycle is *definitely* not like the last 2. Trump wasn't competitive for most of the cycle, but he is competitive now. The media would have you believe that he has a "difficult path" to the nomination, but he really doesn't.

Trump really can win this.

The key state to watch will be New Hampshire. Hillary currently has a 2 point lead there, but it's dwindling fast. It also doesn't take into account the disparity in enthusiasm between the 2 camps.
    If Trump wins New Hampshire, he will almost certainly go on to take Nevada, North Carolina, and Florida as well, sealing the deal.
    If he doesn't take New Hampshire, he probably won't get enough electoral votes to win the nomination.

These are the states to watch:
    http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp201...s/florida.html
    http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp201...hs/nevada.html
    http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp201...hampshire.html

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

WASHINGTON (AP) — Is "C'mon, man" President Barack Obama's new "Yes, We Can?"

The president is deploying the phrase "c'mon, man" to great — and sometimes humorous — effect in the midst of an aggressive burst of campaigning to help elect Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Tuesday.

Those words are helping Obama convey what the White House says is his frustration with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and GOP lawmakers in Congress.

And just as "Yes, We Can" became a rallying cry during Obama's presidential campaigns, so has "C'mon, man" become one during this campaign — Obama's last one.

In Fayetteville, North Carolina, on Friday, Obama railed against Trump backers who the president said make excuses or justify things the New York businessman has said that would be "completely disqualifying" for another candidate.
    Obama rallying cry goes from 'Yes, We Can' to 'C'mon man'

Yes, it certainly wasn't as if basically the exact same dynamic (e.g., the slightest hint of criticism being met with charges of "racism" for the last 8 years) got you elected twice or anything like that.

Didja ever stop to think the fact that this is still actually a race considering what a train wreck Trump has been from the get-go and continues to be, not to mention a media which has been overwhelmingly in Clinton's corner, kinda highlights what a dud your own party's candidate is?

Of course not, let's just continue to blame the GOP. After all, it's what you do best. Hell, by employing just the right amount of mental gymnastics, I'm sure you could somehow pin this one on Bush too...

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

People say they don't want our children to see someone like Trump be our President because of how he talks, yet Hillary puts out a free concert with Beyonce (who made a well known anti-police statement at the Super Bowl this year) and Jay-Z (who uses all sorts of profanity in his lyrics)? Isn't that a little hypocritical? I know there's a big difference between being the President and being a singer, but come on now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looks like the lying liberal authoritarian running as a republican is going to defeat the lying liberal authoritarian running as a Democrat. I don't care who wins because it doesn't really matter who wins, America will continue to go downhill regardless of which moron wins, I am just glad that
    a. I didn't vote for either and
    b. This shitshow of an election is finally over and I can finally stop seeing those garbage ads and that youtube can longer forcefeed me Killary ads before a video without the option of skipping through them

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

b. This shitshow of an election is finally over and I can finally stop seeing those garbage ads and that youtube can longer forcefeed me Killary ads before a video without the option of skipping through them
    https://adblockplus.org/

I wouldn't even bother with YouTube without it.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ding Dong, the Witch is dead.

Whodathunk?

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Ding Dong, the Witch is dead.

Whodathunk?
    This is a HUGE rebuke of Obama as well.

And, just like clockwork...

Van Jones on Trump: ‘This was a white-lash against a changing country’

It's called "democracy."

Deal with it...

(And for the record, I essentially flushed my vote down the toilet and cast my ballot for Gary Johnson)

Now that trump is president lets hope he actually follows through on his lofty promises and acts in a presidential manner

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm still in shock that he actually pulled it off. What will the next 4 years bring? Who knows, but at least it won't be under Hillary.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

My congratulations to the American People for voting for change. Now there is a real chance for politics by the people, for the people. This is a big victory against those crooks of the political establishment.

It remains to be seen if change can endure. I had high hopes in Brexit being able to compel the politicians to improve the EU to serve the people, but it seems like Juncker, Schultz and Merkel are determined to keep things the way they are and will ultimately destroy the EU that way.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Called it again

Yinz know I've never been a fan of Trump, and I'm still not. So how did I predict the upset when everybody said that Hillary was unbeatable?
    The data was there all along and the pollsters and pundits just missed it: Hillary's approval ratings were simply too low for their "likely voter" estimates to possibly be correct.
    They take the raw polling data and adjust it to match the demographics of the people who voted in previous elections... and they were wrong to do so. This election was nothing like the previous ones. Obama vs. McCain and Obama vs. Romney were terrible models for this year.
    Hillary wasn't liked even by her own base, so hardly anyone was going to show up to vote for her. They were simply showing up to vote against Trump. Trump, OTOH, actually had a large cadre of people who showed up to vote for him in addition to all the anti- Hillary folks.
    He had base enthusiasm on his side and it was so overwhelming that even I underestimated it. I figured 2 maybe 3%, which would have made it a toss-up. It actually more than doubled that and he won handily.

So what now? Will The Donald make good on all his campaign promises? No. Remember, he is still a Manhattan limousine liberal at heart. Plus, he never actually expected to win. He doesn't have any concrete plans yet.
    Nevertheless, this is a shot across the bows of the entire Washington machine. The next 4 years will be interesting.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Now that trump is president lets hope he actually follows through on his lofty promises and acts in a presidential manner
    EXACTLY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Called it again

Yinz know I've never been a fan of Trump, and I'm still not. So how did I predict the upset when everybody said that Hillary was unbeatable?
    The data was there all along and the pollsters and pundits just missed it: Hillary's approval ratings were simply too low for their "likely voter" estimates to possibly be correct.
    They take the raw polling data and adjust it to match the demographics of the people who voted in previous elections... and they were wrong to do so. This election was nothing like the previous ones. Obama vs. McCain and Obama vs. Romney were terrible models for this year.
    Hillary wasn't liked even by her own base, so hardly anyone was going to show up to vote for her. They were simply showing up to vote against Trump. Trump, OTOH, actually had a large cadre of people who showed up to vote for him in addition to all the anti- Hillary folks.
    He had base enthusiasm on his side and it was so overwhelming that even I underestimated it. I figured 2 maybe 3%, which would have made it a toss-up. It actually more than doubled that and he won handily.

So what now? Will The Donald make good on all his campaign promises? No. Remember, he is still a Manhattan limousine liberal at heart. Plus, he never actually expected to win. He doesn't have any concrete plans yet.
    Nevertheless, this is a shot across the bows of the entire Washington machine. The next 4 years will be interesting.

Best,
    -Slashy
    Interestingly, I believe Hillary received more votes.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    EXACTLY.

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly, I believe Hillary received more votes.
    She did, by about 300,000 votes last I checked, but thanks to the electoral college, she still lost...and the Dems are losing their minds and crying fowl.

More Hollyweird liberals crying...

Celebrities Call for People Boycott After Glowing Trump Cover Gets Unveiled

Even though I personally voted for Gary Johnson, after reading all the butthurt celebrity whining over the last couple of days (particularly from the (C)Rapper crowd) I'm now quite frankly glad Trump won...

Even though I personally voted for Gary Johnson, after reading all the butthurt celebrity whining over the last couple of days (particularly from the (C)Rapper crowd) I'm now quite frankly glad Trump won...
    I didn't like Trump and I will remain skeptical unless he actually does what he claims, but I too am getting quite the satisfaction from this as well

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I've voted for Batman two elections running, but I am definitely getting a kick out of all the outraged liberals basically left punching the air over this. The smug condescension and air of superiority sure got met with a smack right in the face, and all the snotty Facebook comments and Tumblr rants in the world won't change it.

The liberals are also doing a great job already campaigning for Trump in 2020. It's like they don't get that the entire reason they lost was because they called so many people racists, misogynists, homophobes and hateful bigots - who actually weren't racists, misogynists, homophobes or hateful bigots, but just normal people going about their business - that those people responded by saying "go fuck yourselves." So what do the liberals do? Double down on calling everyone else racists and bigots.

There's a fundamental lesson to be learned there, but we're talking about liberals, so ... FA-WHOOSH!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I didn't like Trump and I will remain skeptical unless he actually does what he claims, but I too am getting quite the satisfaction from this as well
    Well that is surely understandable when dealing with politicians. The good news is, Trump isn't one of them and that is exactly why I voted for him. He will push full speed ahead, he's a hard worker and I expect that to carry over for the good of country. On a side note there were some big construction/mining jobs here that were put on hold because of the economy and the election. The day after the election the okay was given to start, I think we will see this start to happen around the country. I have no problem with *Making America Great Again*

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I've voted for Batman two elections running, but I am definitely getting a kick out of all the outraged liberals basically left punching the air over this. The smug condescension and air of superiority sure got met with a smack right in the face, and all the snotty Facebook comments and Tumblr rants in the world won't change it.

The liberals are also doing a great job already campaigning for Trump in 2020. It's like they don't get that the entire reason they lost was because they called so many people racists, misogynists, homophobes and hateful bigots - who actually weren't racists, misogynists, homophobes or hateful bigots, but just normal people going about their business - that those people responded by saying "go fuck yourselves." So what do the liberals do? Double down on calling everyone else racists and bigots.

There's a fundamental lesson to be learned there, but we're talking about liberals, so ... FA-WHOOSH!
    Now if only the same liberal celebrity elitist asshats who swore up and down that they'd expatriate themselves to Canada (or wherever) if Trump won would actually put their money where their mouths are and get the fuck out...

Rosie O'Donnell, Al "runnin'-that-bullshit" Sharpton, Jon "funny-as-a-migraine" Stewart and Whoopi Goldberg all moving abroad? Gee, what a monumental loss that would be...

Dow closes at another all-time high!

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

I'm only glad it's not a Clinton. Good luck with Trump. You're gonna need it.