Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I heard when Cruz got up to the pulpit he did not give Trump the glowing endorsement he was hoping for.
    Yep, he stood up for his principles and delivered a great message. Trumpbots got all butthurt over it and booed him

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yep, he stood up for his principles and delivered a great message. Trumpbots got all butthurt over it and booed him
    I would imagine Cruz is a bit butt hurt as well.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Trump read Cruz's speech ahead of time and let him go ahead with it any way. The Donald tossed him the rope personally.....I don't know when these people are going learn that you can't "Out Trump" Donald Trump. Everything he does and says is calculated for a specific outcome. Trump knew exactly what was going to happen when Cruz read that speech. Love him or hate him, he has it down to a science.

Now it's Hillary's turn. He's going to be tossing out ropes right and left. Let's see if she's caught on to the game yet.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I would imagine Cruz is a bit butt hurt as well.
    I am hearing that he was informed by the Trump campaign that he would be booed if he didn't change his speech and he didn't, plus he was booed and pressed to say "I endorse Trump" near the end of his speech and still pressed on

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I am hearing that he was informed by the Trump campaign that he would be booed if he didn't change his speech and he didn't, plus he was booed and pressed to say "I endorse Trump" near the end of his speech and still pressed on
    what a hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

Sounds good to me.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

"What do you mean I have to pay my student loan back??!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

For what it is worth, I have been trying off and on for 4 years to get a State of Wisconsin ID card.... I turned in my CDL driving license (bus - etc.) before I left Hawaii - - I made the decision to not renew my Colorado license and to not get a Wisconsin license when both my vision and reaction time were deteriorating, and I didn't want to make my kids go through what I went through when taking my mom's license from her.... I carry a valid Military dependents ID card - - which Wisconsin does not recognize.... I have made 5 trips to the DMV with a certified birth certificate from PA, SS card and everything that they ask for - - relying on grandkids for my transportation and working around their schedules... Every time I have gone, they boot me out - - adding more and more items to their "approved" document list... My original documents are somewhere in my storage locker in Hawaii, and I am unable to go there to search for them, and my son and younger daughter have both gone in - - trying to find them, without success, and my repeated efforts to get certified copies of the things that I need to prove name changes, address changes (proof of residency is harder and harder in the 'no paper' world), and the $$$$ and time involved are frustrating for my poor old brain... And in a state where our illustrious governor sicced his gestapo on senior citizens who were singing patriotic songs on the steps of the capitol in Madison a couple of years ago, because he didn't want to answer their questions, leads me to believe that I am in one of those minority groups who might not vote the way the Koch brothers want his constituents to vote.... I am stil trying, but I now think that it is going to come down to having to sign an affidavit at the polls on election day (can't get that done for the primary next month) and dealing with the problems that might cause.... But I refuse to be voiceless in November.... Getting old is not for sissies...... I am hoping that Green Bay freezes solid this winter and I will prepare my own private iceberg to float away on during spring thaw.... Eskimos might have the right solution, after all....

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Sounds like it might be a Wisconsin thing.

Doesn't seem to be an issue in other more "progressive" places...

In program's first year, nearly half of California's driver's licenses went to undocumented

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

This is the first place that I have encountered such difficulties - - and it might be because I am now dependent on others for my transportation needs, too.... But, it has been a real problem.... I got all the way to the photo taking stage the last time I went in, and then a couple of heads got together behind the counter and they sent me away again..... I didn't even have this much trouble getting a passport - - which is now expired and in a folder somewhere in that storage unit - - and I cannot help but feel that this is a bit too much red tape.... The first problem that I had here with the DMV was trying to get a license here - - - eventually they wanted me to go back through the learners permit thing and all - - - they said that would be much easier - - - - NOT!!!!! Funny thing is that I watched them vet other people in line - - the ones who got the hard times were the elderly, the non-whites and assorted others who didn't seem to fit the desired demographic.... This along with unbearable long waiting times just made it not worth it, but I have voted in every general election since I turned 21 - - and most of the primary elections, too - - usually via absentee ballot - - locking myself in my bathroom to ensure privacy and this is one I don't want to miss out on..... Sheesh..... Frustrate me to death, why don't you????

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

One more thing - ten bucks says you wouldn't be having this sort of difficulty if you weren't a U.S. citizen...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

It's that time of year again: I post the painful truth about the current state of the race and people yell at me for it

As it stands right now, this race is not competitive and never has been. Hillary has been eating Trump's lunch the entire time. But on the other hand, it's not too late for this race to *become* competitive. Hillary's pattern has always been a steady erosion of support over the course of a race.

This is liable to be an interesting cycle; a head-to-head matchup of the two most unfavorable Presidential candidates in history.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Funny thing is that I've yet to meet an actual Hillary supporter in person, and I live right by Scranton, PA where her father was born.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Funny thing is that I've yet to meet an actual Hillary supporter in person, and I live right by Scranton, PA where her father was born.
    Have you visited the local cemetary?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

If you are on Facebook, do an experiment. Go to Trump's Facebook page, and see how many of your friends like his page. Then go to Hillary's page and do the same.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Have you visited the local cemetary?
    ...or a pet store?

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaduck43 View Post
    For what it is worth, I have been trying off and on for 4 years to get a State of Wisconsin ID card.... I turned in my CDL driving license (bus - etc.) before I left Hawaii - - I made the decision to not renew my Colorado license and to not get a Wisconsin license when both my vision and reaction time were deteriorating, and I didn't want to make my kids go through what I went through when taking my mom's license from her.... I carry a valid Military dependents ID card - - which Wisconsin does not recognize.... I have made 5 trips to the DMV with a certified birth certificate from PA, SS card and everything that they ask for - - relying on grandkids for my transportation and working around their schedules... Every time I have gone, they boot me out - - adding more and more items to their "approved" document list... My original documents are somewhere in my storage locker in Hawaii, and I am unable to go there to search for them, and my son and younger daughter have both gone in - - trying to find them, without success, and my repeated efforts to get certified copies of the things that I need to prove name changes, address changes (proof of residency is harder and harder in the 'no paper' world), and the $$$$ and time involved are frustrating for my poor old brain... And in a state where our illustrious governor sicced his gestapo on senior citizens who were singing patriotic songs on the steps of the capitol in Madison a couple of years ago, because he didn't want to answer their questions, leads me to believe that I am in one of those minority groups who might not vote the way the Koch brothers want his constituents to vote.... I am stil trying, but I now think that it is going to come down to having to sign an affidavit at the polls on election day (can't get that done for the primary next month) and dealing with the problems that might cause.... But I refuse to be voiceless in November.... Getting old is not for sissies...... I am hoping that Green Bay freezes solid this winter and I will prepare my own private iceberg to float away on during spring thaw.... Eskimos might have the right solution, after all....
    It's called RIGGING THE SYSTEM so potential Democrats can NOT Vote.

It's also called CHEATING.

How about laying out the issues and making it easy to Vote for ALL legal Americans ? Just imagine the results if that were allowed to happen over the past (50) years.

Oh yea .... and anybody on the NO FLY LIST can walk into any gun store in this country and walk out with an AR-15.

How fukked up is all that ?

I still have ALL of my guns after Obama being in office 7 1/2 YEARS, still got yours ?? Thought so.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Melowese?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    It's that time of year again: I post the painful truth about the current state of the race and people yell at me for it

As it stands right now, this race is not competitive and never has been. Hillary has been eating Trump's lunch the entire time. But on the other hand, it's not too late for this race to *become* competitive. Hillary's pattern has always been a steady erosion of support over the course of a race.

This is liable to be an interesting cycle; a head-to-head matchup of the two most unfavorable Presidential candidates in history.

That graphic doesn't really convey any meaningful information at all. The way the Electoral College system is set up means that the Democrat gets about 200-220 electoral votes by default and the Republican gets 150-160. This is not because they are "winning" or "losing," it's just the effect of the idiot lever-pullers that put two-thirds of states out of play before the election even gets started.

So the chart is going to look like that in every election. The fundamental equation is that the Republican candidate, no matter who, is going to start out needing to make up 50 or 60 electoral votes, and the only way to do that is to sweep the big Southeastern states, plus win 2 out of 3 of the big undecided Rust Belt states. An uphill climb for anyone.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/2016-el...eground-states

I'm not too concerned - as long as people keep getting mowed down by the hundreds by religious fanatics, and the Democrats continue to do nothing except insist that everything is perfectly safe and call for tolerance and unity, enough people will wake up from their stupor.

Also, I think once the debates start, Trump will wipe the floor with Hillary. Not because he's any kind of eloquent statesman, but because she simply has nothing to say. And any time she does try to say anything, it has the same effect on her likeability as if she'd stood on the edge of the stage making herself puke all over the audience.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    *snip*

So the chart is going to look like that in every election.
    False.
    Here are the same charts from the previous 3 cycles:

Obama- Romney. Blowout.

Obama- McCain. Obama win, but it wasn't completely lopsided.

Bush- Kerry. Serious dogfight.

Some of these races were competitive. Some weren't. The current race isn't. *BUT* as I said, it can still become competitive.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    False.
    Here are the same charts from the previous 3 cycles:

Uh, no. We're in July. Check how your other three charts look up to that point and get back to me.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Member Array title="GRAYGHOST668 is an unknown quantity at this point"> GRAYGHOST668's Avatar

well I will not vote for Clinton she has way to much baggage as for TRUMP,,,,,in this world of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS,,,he pulls no punches and says exactly what a lot of the USA is thinking,,,he is rude ,aggressive and can be very insulting,,to be honest he is refreshing for once you get exactly what you are seeing

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ