Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Ex-Hillary Clinton Staffer Who Set Up Email Server Plans to Plead the Fifth

A former Hillary Clinton staffer who helped set up the former secretary of state's private email server has vowed to invoke the Fifth Amendment and refuse to answer questions after a congressional committee subpoenaed him, MSNBC confirmed late Wednesday.

Bryan Pagliano, who worked for Clinton during her 2008 presidential campaign and at the State Department, has been identified in digital records as the person who set up her email server in 2009.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/hill...-fifth-n420711

---------------

Probably a smart move for him - remember Vince Foster
    Last edited by TD's & Beer; 09-03-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post

Ex-Hillary Clinton Staffer Who Set Up Email Server Plans to Plead the Fifth

A former Hillary Clinton staffer who helped set up the former secretary of state's private email server has vowed to invoke the Fifth Amendment and refuse to answer questions after a congressional committee subpoenaed him, MSNBC confirmed late Wednesday.

Bryan Pagliano, who worked for Clinton during her 2008 presidential campaign and at the State Department, has been identified in digital records as the person who set up her email server in 2009.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton/former-hillary-clinton-email-staffer-subpoenaed-plans-plead-fifth-n420711

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think Hilary's best strategy is to contact Brady's judge and have him get her off scot free.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Survey USA poll: Hillary loses the worst of 4 Democrats against Trump

Trump beats Clinton 45-40
    Trump beats Sanders 44-40
    Trump beats Biden 44-42
    Trump beats Gore 44-41

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/Poll...5-35c0cdab26c6

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This is how it starts. You nail somebody for what is provably illegal (in this case the security violations). You get them to turn so they'll give up bigger fish for evidence tampering and obstruction in exchange for reduced sentence or even immunity.
    Once you have the witness, then you go after the bigger fish and find out exactly what was being covered up in the first place. It's got to be really bad stuff for her to try to cover it up this way. I guess she thought Obama would protect her (she thought wrong).

Orange is a good color for her. I'm looking forward to seeing her perp-walk.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I think Hilary's best strategy is to contact Brady's judge and have him get her off scot free.
    No need - got Obama's DoJ for that...

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    This is how it starts. You nail somebody for what is provably illegal (in this case the security violations). You get them to turn so they'll give up bigger fish for evidence tampering and obstruction in exchange for reduced sentence or even immunity.
    Or it's just another case of politics-as-usual and the low-level flunky is made the sacrificial lamb.

Orange is a good color for her. I'm looking forward to seeing her perp-walk.
    I'd like that too, but I'm not holding my breath...

Trump beats Biden 44-42
    Trump beats Gore 44-41

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Trump beats Biden 44-42
    Trump beats Gore 44-41

I can't believe Biden and Gore would get that many votes for POTUS. Both of them are bafoons. I can't speak to Sanders because I've never heard of him before this election. When the left are willing to put Biden/Gore in the WH it shows they are as crazy as their candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Tom Brady Calls Donald Trump 'Amazing,' Owns a Trump Hat

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...144537692.html

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Tom Brady Calls Donald Trump 'Amazing,' Owns a Trump Hat

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...144537692.html
    Is that white thing his anal plug?

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

uh-oh, poll numbers sinking, possible immunity deal in the works for IT staffer, campaign on the rocks

Hillary Clinton on Private Email: ‘That Was a Mistake. I’m Sorry’

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday told ABC News’ David Muir that using a personal email account while Secretary of State was a “mistake” and that she is “sorry” for it.

"That was a mistake. I’m sorry about that. I take responsibility,” the Democratic presidential candidate told Muir in an exclusive interview in New York City.

This is the farthest Clinton has gone yet in offering an apology for her use of a private email server while Secretary of State.

Clinton told the Associated Press on Monday that she would not apologize for it because “what I did was allowed.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hilla...ry?id=33608970

Ooooh, she's a-rattlin' her saber now!

Clinton threatens military action if Iran breaks deal

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton issued a hardline warning to Iran on Wednesday that as president she would "not hesitate" to take military action to stop the country from acquiring nuclear weapons.

Casting herself as a key player in talks that led to the landmark agreement to control Iran's nuclear program, Clinton praised the accord as part of a larger Middle East strategy even as she stressed that it is not a step toward normalizing relations.
    Read more: Clinton threatens military action if Iran breaks deal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the avoidance of armed conflict at all costs the reason why Lurch (Kerry) and the rest of the gang bent over backwards to appease the Iranian mullahs and give them everything they wanted in the first place?

Besides, why would they break a deal where they were given EVERYTHING they wanted and conceded NOTHING?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Oooh... what a big toughy pants she is.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG Ī-

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

uh-oh, poll numbers sinking, possible immunity deal in the works for IT staffer, campaign on the rocks

Hillary Clinton on Private Email: ‘That Was a Mistake. I’m Sorry’

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday told ABC News’ David Muir that using a personal email account while Secretary of State was a “mistake” and that she is “sorry” for it.

"That was a mistake. I’m sorry about that. I take responsibility,” the Democratic presidential candidate told Muir in an exclusive interview in New York City.

This is the farthest Clinton has gone yet in offering an apology for her use of a private email server while Secretary of State.

Clinton told the Associated Press on Monday that she would not apologize for it because “what I did was allowed.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hilla...ry?id=33608970
    Borrowing a Hillary quote,
    "At this point, what difference does it make?"

Who cares what kind of apology she offers or how sincere it is? Who are these people who are swayed by half-assed apologies and "I take responsibility"? Why is this even news?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/11/politi...ign-suspended/

Rick Perry is gone. He's not the first to get deep- sixed in our elimination poll (lookin' at you, Lindsey), but he has bowed to the inevitable.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/11/politi...ign-suspended/

Rick Perry is gone. He's not the first to get deep- sixed in our elimination poll (lookin' at you, Lindsey), but he has bowed to the inevitable.
    didnt think he ever really stood a chance. I also think he knew that too, but he wanted to give it one last try. I don't necessarily dislike the guy, but something about him seems unlikable

Debate night

CNN is CLEARLY working to turn the candidates on each other

3 questions to 3 wannabes — topic: Trump.

Attacking Trump all night is certain to make him go up in the polls.

CNN totally shutting Trump out, now.

Like he’s not there.

Good debate now, though.

Best so far = Cruz, I think.

Carly knocks it outta the park on Planned Parenthood

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Jeb! shouldn't smile.

no debate tickets were made available to the general public....all GOPe operatives

All Jeb now - imma conservative imma conservative imma conservative - amnesty - imma conservative imma conservative

CNN definitely better than Fox though. Moderation was pretty transparent, as it should be. Problem is, there are TOO MANY PEOPLE ON STAGE.

Cut it down to 6 so we can really get down to things.

I have to give credit where credit is due. CNN is doing a much better job than Fox did and much better than I thought they would.

I also agree. There are too many people on stage. Get rid of the people that don't stand a chance and let us hear from the real candidates.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG Ī-

Who Won the Second Republican Presidential Debate? Vote Now

http://time.com/4037510/poll-second-...ential-debate/

Trump - 60%

Carly - 17%

Rubio - 6%

everyone else

When your first 5 questions are all about attacking Trump, it makes people want to vote for him more

I don't understand how anyone thinks Trump won. He's completely out of his league in foreign policy.

Nothing much new was said by any of them worth repeating - like I said - 11 on a stage was a cluster. Carly will rise her head above 15% by stealing some votes from the also-rans

It's all still posturing

Trump's bumptious body language dominates

(CNN) For anyone who watched Wednesday night's Republican primary debate with the volume turned down, there was a clear winner, communication experts say: Donald Trump, hands down.

"When it comes to body language, nobody does it better," says David Givens, director of the Center for Nonverbal Studies in Spokane, Washington. "He just neutralizes the opposition."

While Trump's opponents appear to be "wooden," Givens says, Trump is "exceptional" at communicating with his bodyBody language experts point out these five signature Trumpisms that put him in a class by himself among candidates:

He leans forward on the lectern.

Trump's opponents tend to stand up straight, which might please their mothers, but doesn't do much for the audience. Givens notes that Trump puts his hands on the lectern and leans forward. "It's like he's doing a pushup. It's a display of power," he says.

He gestures out to the audience.

It's a very big gesture, Givens says, reaching way out. "He extends his hands towards you. It's very personal," Givens says.

His palms are up.

When he does these big gestures, he usually has his palms up.

"He's saying 'I'm open, I am who I am and you can trust me,'" Morgan says, noting that Trump tends to have his palms up when facing the audience or when journalists ask him questions, but not when he faces his opponents.

He turns his torso toward his opponents.

His opponents might turn just their heads or shoulders, but Trump fully faces his opponents. "This shows he has no fear," says Eric Goulard, a body language expert in Lille, France. "I would compare him to an animal ready to attack another animal."

He purses his lips when opponents are talking.

This, along with big gestures with his right hand, is what reminds Givens of Benito Mussolini. "He's basically saying, 'I don't need to worry about the rest of you insects,'" Morgan says..

http://www.wsbt.com/news/health/trum...nates/35322934

Next debate will be on Oct 13th and it will the Dems this time. That should be a hoot

There are currently six candidates who are expected to take part in the debate: former Secretary of State and current frontrunner Hillary Clinton, Vermont Senator and close second Bernie Sanders, former Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley, Harvard Law School professor Lawrence Lessig, former U.S. Senator Jim Webb, and former Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Chaffee.

My take from the debate:
    - Scott Walker looks dialed- back. I think it's because his eyes aren't level with each other. It's shallow, but voters are shallow. No way he can possibly win.
    - NYT online poll notwithstanding, Trump did not have a good night last night. He's far from out of it, but he's going to have to polish up his act. Step #1: Stop making faces. Dood went through every emoji on my phone in 7 seconds flat. It's entertaining as hell (hence why CNN kept a camera on him) but it ain't presidential.
    - Carly Fiorina... I can't say enough about how freakin' good she is in a debate. Far and away the best candidate the Republicans have to offer AFA public speaking.
    - Ted Cruz... I loves me some Ted Cruz, but every time he stares into the camera I feel like I'm stuck in an elevator with a life insurance salesman.
    - Ben Carson... Debates are never going to be his thing. He's clearly the smartest, calmest, and most rational guy in the room, but that ain't worth much in a debate. It should be, but it's not.
    - Rand Paul... My personal favorite candidate, but he seems to be unable to differentiate himself in any way that Republican voters actually like. I think he's going to keep sinking.
    - Chris Christie: I personally can't stand the guy, but he performed pretty well last night. I think he'll hold his position.
    - Marco Rubio: The media says he did well, but I don't see why. He looked polished in the traditional political sense, but I don't think that counts for much this cycle. He looks and acts like a politician and that's not a good thing this year IMO.
    - Jeb Bush: Fake, fake, fake. His good moments looked contrived and his bad moments looked awful.
    All the rest: Either didn't stand out or didn't come off well.

CNN: A big, shameful black eye. It wasn't painful to watch like the start of the FOX debate, but they were not in charge during the debate, clearly just wanted to instigate a fight, and didn't ask questions that were important to Republican primary voters.
    It about sent me over the edge when they interrupted Christie during a tirade about the national debt and economy (the #1 most critical issue according to Republican primary voters) to change the subject to global climate change (the lowest concern of *all* voters, Republican and Democrat).

tl/dr

I expect Carly Fiorina to rise to prominence after this debate. Trump should begin to fade and Carson should remain about even.

-
    Ted Cruz... I loves me some Ted Cruz, but every time he stares into the camera I feel like I'm stuck in an elevator with a life insurance salesman.
    That was some creepy love he was making to the camera.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Whos being childish?

Bizarre moment 6ft3in Jeb Bush towers over Trump by craftily standing on his TIPTOES for group photo

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3m2aDs1N7
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

My take from the debate:

I expect Carly Fiorina to rise to prominence after this debate. Trump should begin to fade and Carson should remain about even.
    I like all 3 of these candidates.

Not surprisingly they are the three non politicians.

Love Carson but my only concern is lack of charisma.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant