Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Talk about two Americas!
    From the mountains to the...

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

I'm afraid it's a runaway

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Watch Dr. Ben Carson explain how to beat the game "Operation"

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...r=146175949904

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/play...wdown-33325620

Yinz know I'm no Donald Trump fan, but I'm 100% on his side in this. Jorge Ramos isn't a "journalist", he's an *activist*. I don't care if I agree with you or disagree with you; if you disrupt a press conference and shout over the reporters while pushing an agenda, you deserve to be tossed out.
    If it was (for example) a pro- second amendment guy behaving this way at a Hillary press conference, he would be ejected and rightly so.
    The only mistake Trump made in this situation IMO was in letting this jack- hole back in and allowing him to continue turning the press conference into a circus.
    Trump is going to get another boost from this and the Washington insiders will be left scratching their heads wondering why.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I would like to see Dr. BC start gaining momentum..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    I'm afraid it's a runaway
    Source? I don't see this poll anywhere.

*edit* Nevermind, I found it.
    It's Gravis. I shoulda guessed. They're notorious for being the most inaccurate polling agency out there.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    It's Gravis. I shoulda guessed. They're notorious for being the most inaccurate polling agency out there.
    So give us your approved list

So give us your approved list
    For the GOP primary polling, RCP is my go- to source.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-3823.html

They have an established track record of getting it right.

Gravis... I would never give one of their results any credence except when it's in relation to another Gravis poll to show a trend. They're kind of a punchline these days. You certainly don't want to start with an accurate poll and then compare that to a Gravis poll. That would lead to silly conclusions.

Best,
    -Slashy

They have an established track record of getting it right.
    OK -just asking - their editorials sound extremely right-wing, but if their polling data is fair that's good enough

OK -just asking - their editorials sound extremely right-wing, but if their polling data is fair that's good enough
    Their polling is fine, but in the general election they stick their finger on the scale when drawing up the electoral map. I don't use them for that. But yeah... in the primary they have a solid track record.

Best,
    -Slashy

Here we go...

Ted Cruz And Donald Trump Planning Joint Event In Washington, DC

Republican presidential rivals Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) are planning a joint event in Washington, DC to voice their opposition to the nuclear deal with Iran, The Washington Post reported on Thursday.

“We are talking to Ted Cruz, who is a friend of mine and a good guy, about doing something very big over the next two weeks in Washington,” Trump said after a campaign stop Thursday, according to the publication. He added the event was a "protest" against the deal.

A spokeswoman for Cruz told the newspaper that the senator invited Trump to join him, “to call on members of Congress to defeat the catastrophic deal that the Obama Administration has struck with the Islamic Republic of Iran.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...uz-joint-event

I realized something today:
    Even though I'm not a fan of Trump and think he'd do a lot of really bad things, he has one advantage that I've overlooked:
    He is capable of talking bluntly about the problems we face with impunity. He can say whatever he wants, phrase it poorly, and get attacked by the media for fabricated charges of racism/ sexism/ whatever... and none of it sticks.
    If we're ever going to be able to tackle the problems we face, it's critical that we have the ability to discuss them openly and honestly without worrying about how every word can be twisted into something else.
    4 years of Trump could have some positive effects.
    So even though he's not my first choice (or even my fifth choice), I have decided that I could pull a lever for him if that's what it comes down to. His presence in this race is injecting something that has been sorely lacking all this time: Balls.

Also this:
    The new Quinnipiac poll came out today and they included a revealing question:
    What is the first word that comes to mind when you hear the name (insert candidate)?
    These responses were not coached, not provided from a list, or anything like that. They merely tallied the words that respondents came up with on their own.

The responses were very revealing. Top 10 responses:

Hillary Clinton:
    liar 178
    dishonest 123
    untrustworthy 93
    experience 82
    strong 59
    Bill 56
    woman 47
    smart 31
    crook 21
    untruthful 19

Jeb Bush:
    Bush 136
    family 70
    honest 53
    weak 45
    brother 41
    dynasty 40
    experience 35
    George 28
    Florida 25
    politician 24

Donald Trump:
    arrogant 58
    blowhard 38
    idiot 35
    businessman 34
    clown 34
    honest 30
    ego 29
    money 29
    outspoken 28
    crazy 26

I'm right in line with the big responses.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I would like to see Dr. BC start gaining momentum..
    I really like Carson a lot.

Brilliant, principled and a true class act.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I really like Carson a lot.

Brilliant, principled and a true class act.
    Agreed.

Trump - I have decided that I could pull a lever for him if that's what it comes down to.
    I'm not there yet, I still believe Cruz has a chance if Trump falters...but I admire you optimism.

Donald Trump: “It’s my hair. I swear”

Donald Trump has woman touch his hair to verify that it is real during a campaign stop in South Carolina…this as he tops the polls in the largest lead of his campaign.

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/...--514653763768

Sorry Bernie - you don't stand a chance

Democratic elite rally around Hillary Clinton

MINNEAPOLIS — Hillary Clinton delivered a show of force on Friday meant to make one thing abundantly clear to Democratic leaders, Bernie Sanders, and Joe Biden: She is the boss.

Coming off two weeks of breathless speculation about the vice president’s ambitions, Clinton now looks like she’s nearly locked up the support of party elites, something she critically failed to accomplish in 2008.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...c-elite-213148

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Sorry Bernie - you don't stand a chance

Democratic elite rally around Hillary Clinton

MINNEAPOLIS — Hillary Clinton delivered a show of force on Friday meant to make one thing abundantly clear to Democratic leaders, Bernie Sanders, and Joe Biden: She is the boss.

Coming off two weeks of breathless speculation about the vice president’s ambitions, Clinton now looks like she’s nearly locked up the support of party elites, something she critically failed to accomplish in 2008.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...c-elite-213148
    Always something fishy going on with the Clintons.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

the fur is flying now, good stuff

Democratic Challengers Launch Attacks Against Clinton, Party Leadership

MINNEAPOLIS — Hillary Rodham Clinton sought to cement her standing as the rightful leader of the Democratic Party here Friday, but two of her challengers launched a fierce counterattack against her and a party establishment they see as trying to hand her the 2016 presidential nomination.

What began as a routine forum of candidate speeches evolved into a surprisingly dramatic day at the Democratic National Committee’s summer meeting, as Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and former Maryland governor Martin O’Malley issued thinly veiled attacks on Clinton and the party leadership.

Speaking from the dais, with DNC Chairwoman Debbie *Wasserman Schultz sitting a few feet away O’Malley blasted the party’s limited number of sanctioned debates as a process “rigged” in favor of the front-runner.

The DNC is holding six debates, only four before February’s first caucuses in Iowa, which O’Malley argued is a disadvantage for all the candidates and a disservice to Democrats generally.

“This sort of rigged process has never been attempted before,” said O’Malley, who has struggled to gain traction in the polls. He added: “We are the Democratic Party, not the undemocratic party.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...64b_story.html

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I realized something today:
    Even though I'm not a fan of Trump and think he'd do a lot of really bad things, he has one advantage that I've overlooked:
    He is capable of talking bluntly about the problems we face with impunity. He can say whatever he wants, phrase it poorly, and get attacked by the media for fabricated charges of racism/ sexism/ whatever... and none of it sticks.
    If we're ever going to be able to tackle the problems we face, it's critical that we have the ability to discuss them openly and honestly without worrying about how every word can be twisted into something else.
    4 years of Trump could have some positive effects.
    So even though he's not my first choice (or even my fifth choice), I have decided that I could pull a lever for him if that's what it comes down to. His presence in this race is injecting something that has been sorely lacking all this time: Balls.
    For the first time in a very long time, I agree with every single word you just posted

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Slap!

Ha Ha - running out of popcorn!

Trump Mocks Clinton Calling Her Aide Huma's Husband Weiner a 'Perv' and 'Sleazebag'

Trump accuses Clinton aide of sharing secret emails with 'perv' husband Anthony Weiner

"Who is Huma married to? One of the great sleazebags of our time, Anthony Weiner, did you know that? She's married to Anthony Weiner," Trump said. He used an imaginary cell phone in order to mock Weiner.

Trump extended his criticism by calling Abedin a security risk in an office that defied rules that forbade showing top-secret emails to foreign spies. It was an obvious reference to Clinton's careless use of the non-government system to reveal her information to spies.

"So Huma is getting classified secrets," said Trump. "She's married to Anthony Weiner, who is a perv... Now these are confidential documents... and guess what happens to Anthony Weiner? A month ago, I see he went to work for a public relations firm. Do you believe it? Now if you think that Huma isn't telling Anthony, who she is probably desperately in love with in fairness to Anthony, because why else would she marry this guy. Could you believe it?"

Abedin "is married to a bad guy. I've known Anthony Weiner for a long time. I knew him before he got caught with the bing bing bing," he said regarding Weiner's infamous usage of social media. "He was a bad guy then. It turns out, he was a really bad guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ny-Weiner.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post

OMG Kill it with FIRE!!
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    A Republican won't take the WH primarily for the reason GBMelBlount stated elsewhere - there are more takers than doers in this country at this point and all the "free lunch" and class warfare BS rhetoric (It's all the fault of those evil rich old white guy conservatives that your life sucks, and I'm gonna make them PAY!) from the Left resonates with them.

In fact, I'm beginning to sincerely doubt another (R) is put in the WH in my lifetime. Thanks, Dubya.
    You're right about the GOP not winning. They can't get 270. You're wrong about why. The GOP trashes every group that isn't exactly up to their warped standard. Look at how derisive you just were towards Democratic voters, of which I am one. I'm just saying that the people the GOP looks down on outnumber those who they find acceptable and some of us old, white, professional, GOP wet dream types who don't like their vitriol cross over too.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

You're right -certainly no mudslinging or derisive language or smug, superior attitudes toward conservatives ever comes from the left, no siree, Bob...

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

You're right -certainly no mudslinging or derisive language or smug, superior attitudes toward conservatives ever comes from the left, no siree, Bob...
    Not as a united whole. But we don't do lockstep as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Not as a united whole. But we don't do lockstep as well.
    The fact that the GOP has a field of almost 20 presidential candidates at the moment suggests to me that they're anything but in lockstep. The fact that it is so fractious at the moment is one of the things probably hurting the party the most. They really don't seem to know what they stand for anymore.

The fact that the GOP has a field of almost 20 presidential candidates at the moment suggests to me that they're anything but in lockstep. The fact that it is so fractious at the moment is one of the things probably hurting the party the most. They really don't seem to know what they stand for anymore.

They aren't all running for President. Some are running to sell books or to get a Foxnews show. Some are running to push an issue. Some are running for the #2 slot. It is unpredictable and entertaining right now.