Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chargers,Ravens or Colts

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Chargers,Ravens or Colts

It can be the chiefs or Texans but this is very unlikely....If the Steelers lose next week, it'll be the Colts on the road....If they win it will be the chargers if they win against the chiefs or the Ravens if they win against the browns and the chargers lose

Which scenario do you prefer?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Chargers,Ravens or Colts

I don't know, Chargers and Ravens are playing better than the Colts, but I don't like the idea of having to go to a slumping Indianapolis team after the Steelers laid a whooping on them in Pittsburgh earlier in the year. I think I would prefer the Ravens since the Steelers own a historical unbeaten streak against the rest of the division in the playoffs, Big Ben owns Average Joe in the playoffs, and I would love to see crybaby John lose to the black n gold in the playoffs

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

I would love to play baltimore in theory but that is a major risk I believe to this young defense. I prefer to see San Diago out of any of them.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I thought the Rats were out of the picture if the Chargers beat the Chiefs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I thought the Rats were out of the picture if the Chargers beat the Chiefs?
    This is the case too

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It can be the chiefs or Texans but this is very unlikely....If the Steelers lose next week, it'll be the Colts on the road....If they win it will be the chargers if they win against the chiefs or the Ravens if they win against the browns and the chargers lose

Which scenario do you prefer?
    fuck that shit. dont kid yourselves on the colts folks. they're still as dangerous as anybody. dont take one game too seriously. remember that we got beat by the bucs, jets, saints, and browns....3 of those we got HANDLED. And on the road? Dont even get me started.

andrew luck is the prototypical qb that can come back and win no matter how many points were up by.

And the ravens hate our guts way too much and that game will be too physical. we'll come out battered no matter the outcome.

I think with Mclendon healthy and Tuitt finally cemented as a starter we can keep their running game at bay really easily (29th in the NFL). And that means pinning our ears back and beating up Phillip Rivers all game with blitzes. Rivers is dealing with a bulging disc and might need offseason surgery. Im not saying injure the guy, but i think some nasty hits on him will make him hear foot steps and force him into quick decisions, neutralizing their deep ball.

Not sure if theres such thing as a match made in heaven in the playoffs, but i think this is as close as it gets. Give me the chargers at home if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    fuck that shit. dont kid yourselves on the colts folks. they're still as dangerous as anybody. dont take one game too seriously. remember that we got beat by the bucs, jets, saints, and browns....3 of those we got HANDLED. And on the road? Dont even get me started.

andrew luck is the prototypical qb that can come back and win no matter how many points were up by.

And the ravens hate our guts way too much and that game will be too physical. we'll come out battered no matter the outcome.

Give me the chargers at home if possible.
    I just say that if the Steelers lose, they play against the Colts!

But, yes, the Colts are the weakest team of the 3 teams....For the past month, they are not very good and it includes Luck...I don't care if this game is on the road

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

But, yes, the Colts are the weakest team of the 3 teams....For the past month, they are not very good and it includes Luck...I don't care if this game is on the road
    i respectfully disagree. the kid is too tough and smart to let that continue imo. kid got absolutely destroyed with qb hits and hurries his rookie year and still played well. Luck received the most QB hits of anybody in the NFL last season. And he's still getting beat up pretty badly this season and still playing at a generally high level with no run game and a dramatically declining defense. He's exactly the kind of QB that can still kill our secondary even if he's getting abused. Rivers is a much better match up
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I think with Mclendon healthy and Tuitt finally cemented as a starter we can keep their running game at bay really easily (29th in the NFL). And that means pinning our ears back and beating up Phillip Rivers all game with blitzes. Rivers is dealing with a bulging disc and might need offseason surgery. Im not saying injure the guy, but i think some nasty hits on him will make him hear foot steps and force him into quick decisions, neutralizing their deep ball.

Not sure if theres such thing as a match made in heaven in the playoffs, but i think this is as close as it gets. Give me the chargers at home if possible.
    I agree with this 100%. I want the division and I want the Ravens watching the game from home, stewing in their own miserable failure when they had the easiest home stretch to the playoffs. That means bring on the Chargers! And if we can't beat a banged up Chargers team at home then we have no business going any further in the playoffs just to get embarrassed on the road at Denver or New England.

i respectfully disagree. the kid is too tough and smart to let that continue imo. kid got absolutely destroyed with qb hits and hurries his rookie year and still played well. Luck received the most QB hits of anybody in the NFL last season. And he's still getting beat up pretty badly this season and still playing at a generally high level with no run game and a dramatically declining defense. He's exactly the kind of QB that can still kill our secondary even if he's getting abused. Rivers is a much better match up

I have a great respect for Luck....But not for the rest of the team...Like you said,the colts have no defense and no run game

The chargers are a much better team with a very good QB too

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

We have a great quarterback, a great running back, a great wide receiver and James Harrison on defense so I say bring on anyone.

Yeah, what can also be mentioned is that Steelers won mainly due to a once in a lifetime perform by Roethlisberger after the defense got carved up by Luck. Don't bank on Ben having this same performance again (especially against the same team) and the pass defense will probably still get eaten alive by Luck (do note that while the front 7 sacked Smith 6 times the pass defense still surrendered over 300 yards passing against a Chiefs team whose best pass catcher may be Jamal Charles).

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    We have a great quarterback, a great running back, a great wide receiver and James Harrison on defense so I say bring on anyone.
    Yep, this is pretty much how I feel. We have no control over it, so que sera, sera.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yeah, what can also be mentioned is that Steelers won mainly due to a once in a lifetime perform by Roethlisberger after the defense got carved up by Luck. Don't bank on Ben having this same performance again (especially against the same team) and the pass defense will probably still get eaten alive by Luck (do note that while the front 7 sacked Smith 6 times the pass defense still surrendered over 300 yards passing against a Chiefs team whose best pass catcher may be Jamal Charles).
    yup. ben's not going to play like that against the colts again. and his play also made our defense's job a lot easier. Luck still had a great game, and honestly had no business being able to stand let alone have a good game with the amount of hits he was taking. No one other than Aaron Rodgers and Ben could have possibly done what he did.

Luck is right up there in toughness with any player in the league.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Pretty much all season the Colts have been more hype than what they really are. Look at their schedule and any team worth anything beat them. Sure they beat up on the crappy teams...something the Steelers had trouble doing, but the good teams handed the Colts an L. Frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

To hell with this shit. Looking at Denver last night is it totally unreasonable to believe they could succumb to the Raiders this coming Sunday? Were that to happen and we beat the Bengals that would give us a first round bye. Wouldn't it?

That's what I'm going for!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    To hell with this shit. Looking at Denver last night is it totally unreasonable to believe they could succumb to the Raiders this coming Sunday? Were that to happen and we beat the Bengals that would give us a first round bye. Wouldn't it?

That's what I'm going for!
    No possibility for a bye for us. At best, we can get the 3rd seed by beating the Bungholes even if the Donkeys lose to the Raiders

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    No possibility for a bye for us. At best, we can get the 3rd seed by beating the Bungholes even if the Donkeys lose to the Raiders
    You still want the 3 seed then regardless of opponent. Because if you win then you go to Denver rather than New England. Right now I would like the Steelers chances going to Denver. It would really cleanse the palate of the Tim Tebow fiasco if you could go out there and beat a Peyton Manning led Bronco team.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    You still want the 3 seed then regardless of opponent. Because if you win then you go to Denver rather than New England. Right now I would like the Steelers chances going to Denver. It would really cleanse the palate of the Tim Tebow fiasco if you could go out there and beat a Peyton Manning led Bronco team.
    And Sanders would appear very badly if the Steelers would beat the Broncos because of his comments in training camp

But beating the Pats in their house would be an unbelievable feeling

And Sanders would appear very badly if the Steelers would beat the Broncos because of his comments in training camp

But beating the Pats in their house would be an unbelievable feeling

Well you would probably get that chance the following week. And given that the Patriots twice beat the Steelers in Heinz field for the AFC championship how great would it be to turn it around on them and win in Gillete on the way to the way to the Super Bowl?!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I'd take the Chargers any day out of that group. They started the season on a roll but have been staggering around like a drunk for about the last 10 games of the season. It looks like that's who we're most likely to play in any case.

It's also pretty difficult to find a scenario in which the Ravens make it, which is a nice feeling.

That sums up my thoughts on the Colts. I don't like any game in which it's a virtual requirement that we score 35 points to even have a shot at winning. And since we've got such a fuckshit secondary, that means the Colts, Patriots, and the Broncos as long as Manning isn't busy choking to death (which is about 50-50 lately). If we play any of those teams, it's basically like we'll be spotting them two touchdowns. I'd rather things break our way to avoid that as much as possible.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

It's also pretty difficult to find a scenario in which the Ravens make it, which is a nice feeling.
    If they win and the Chargers lose to the Chiefs in Arrowhead, they are in

I am in the minority here, but San Diego will be a tough game against the Steelers. They are 4-2 with their only 2 losses coming against New England coming off a loss (a near impossible win) and Denver with their kicker missing 2 field goals. Also in Rivers last 2 road games he led double digit comeback victories and won shoot-outs against Baltimore and San Fran (both defenses are top 10 in total defense, top 12 in scoring defense and, both defenses surrendered the 2nd highest point total and highest home point total against San Diego).

I am in the minority here, but San Diego will be a tough game against the Steelers. They are 4-2 with their only 2 losses coming against New England coming off a loss (a near impossible win) and Denver with their kicker missing 2 field goals. Also in Rivers last 2 road games he led double digit comeback victories and won shoot-outs against Baltimore and San Fran (both defenses are top 10 in total defense, top 12 in scoring defense and, both defenses surrendered the 2nd highest point total and highest home point total against San Diego).
    Agree with you....SD is very underrated in this forum

If they win and the Chargers lose to the Chiefs in Arrowhead, they are in
    Welp. To me that sounds like theyre in. Chiefs are 5-2 at Arrowhead so anything can happen I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Pretty much all season the Colts have been more hype than what they really are. Look at their schedule and any team worth anything beat them. Sure they beat up on the crappy teams...something the Steelers had trouble doing, but the good teams handed the Colts an L. Frauds.
    id be terrified to put money on that

Welp. To me that sounds like theyre in. Chiefs are 5-2 at Arrowhead so anything can happen I suppose.

And the chargers have lost at home vs KC this year!

But i think the chargers will win this game

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

So for Baltimore to get in, they need to win and the Chiefs to beat the Chargers, sounds a little bit familiar, wonder if the new Chiefs kicker has a game winning missed kick left for the final game of the regular season.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Bring it on!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I hate picking the poison. What I believe is that this team can beat anyone of the eight or so possibilities and they could also lose horribly at any moment . Glad we got in the show, it could be a wild ride or be dumped 1 second out of the shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas