Thread: Mike Mitchell

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Mike Mitchell

I have been pondering something in my head since the game ended and want to see what you all think. During todays game I did not notice Mike Mitchell looking lost or confused out there. Do you think he felt more comfortable with Allen beside him than Troy?

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Mike Mitchell

i feel like he greatly benefited from knowing

1) there arent going to be any passes thrown over his head
    2) all he's going to have to do all day is tackle the catch
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Could be that, could be he is getting more comfortable with the system, could be the broken clock is right twice a day theory that he had his game where he didn't play poorly, could have more to do with the Chiefs not presenting a challenge. I don't know. It is hard to explain the NFL sometimes

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

The Chiefs didn't really challenge the D down the field and had a fairly predictable attack. Could explain it.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

West Coast offense and statistically no passing TDs make the field smaller.
    All Defense!

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    West Coast offense and statistically no passing TDs make the field smaller.
    BINGO , Only 6 catches beyond 20 yards all season changes the way teams defend you vs the pass ( they have more completions more than 20 but those are catch and runs )

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I get the Chiefs aren't a vertical team. But neither were the Bucs, the Titans, the Bengals (outside of Green) and a few others we played. There's no doubt in my mind that Troy's play has dragged down Mitchell at times. Troy's done. He can't cover anyone. He's a total liability in coverage and playing opposite him would be hard for anyone. I hate to say it. But Troy should be shut down for the rest of the season including the playoffs. And then retire. An all time great. But both he and Ike Taylor do noting but drag down the rest of the secondary at this point.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

My guess is Mitchell needed time to learn the system AND how to play opposite Troy.

It's not easy.

He was pretty good last year.

Hopefully our whole D is starting to work together as a unit and this is just one example...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant