Thread: Tomlin: Steelers healthy heading into Chiefs game with playoffs on the line

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Tomlin: Steelers healthy heading into Chiefs game with playoffs on the line

The Steelers will enter their win-and-clinch game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday as healthy as they have been this season.

Only one starter showed up on the injury report today two days after the Steelers beat the Atlanta Falcons to improve to 9-5 and remain in control of their playoff fate. Safety Mike Mitchell has a strained groin and coach Mike Tomlin said he will be monitored this week. Also, reserve tight end Matt Spaeth’s availability is in question after he hyper-extended his elbow against the Falcons.

The good news is several other starters are on the verge of returning. Cornerback Ike Taylor, outside linebacker James Harrison and Marcus Gilbert are candidates to come back after missing the Falcons game.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201412160188

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Tomlin: Steelers healthy heading into Chiefs game with playoffs on the line

Keep Ike on the bench.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ike will make Dwayne Bowe look like a Pro Bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

I'm excited for Harrison coming back! Sack em Deebo.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Anybody notice how our OL injuries are WAY down this year (knock on wood) as compared to the past several years? Think having a competent OL coach has anything to do with it?

It's been nice not having to watch them play "musical linemen" with the OL every week for a change.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Anybody notice how our OL injuries are WAY down this year (knock on wood) over the past several? Think having a competent OL coach has anything to do with it?
    Jumping up and down waving my arms....I did, I did!

Our last playoff "run" was doomed because half our starters were on the sideline and the one's on the field were the walking wounded. We got "Tebowed" the year Ben had the major chest injury, didn't we? He shouldn't even have been playing. We kept losing players as the game went on.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Ike will make Dwayne Bowe look like a Pro Bowler.
    Ike would make Justin Brown look like Jerry Rice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Anybody notice how our OL injuries are WAY down this year (knock on wood) as compared to the past several years? Think having a competent OL coach has anything to do with it?

It's been nice not having to watch them play "musical linemen" with the OL every week for a change.
    Has to have something to do with it. Probably different spacing or a better awareness of where teammates are. This change alone makes Munchak our coach of the year.