Thread: Ramon Foster: ‘I’ve Got A Feeling That We Can Play In Arizona’

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Ramon Foster: ‘I’ve Got A Feeling That We Can Play In Arizona’

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Steelers guard Ramon Foster joined “The Fan Morning Show” in his regular weekly spot on Tuesday, following his team’s win over the Falcons.

Foster discussed what set this matchup with a bad team apart from the Steelers’ losses to the Buccaneers, Jets, and Saints.

“The understanding of what’s at stake,” Foster said. “Guys want to make this playoff run. We understand that we have a good enough team to make it to the Super Bowl, to win the Super Bowl, and also not wanting to have that embarrassment of losing to a team that you should beat.”

Foster explained that he and his teammates can smell blood in the water.

“Last year this time, what were we, 6-8?” Foster said. “It’s definitely a turnaround in a sense, but not having to rely on other teams is something that we’ve got to take advantage of.”
    Foster wouldn’t rule out a trip to Arizona for the Super Bowl.

“We’ll be fine as long as we take care of ourselves,” Foster said. “We can’t jump out of the gate and try to be a different team. We’ve just got to be us this whole entire race, and I’ve got a feeling that we can play in Arizona.”

Foster joins “The Fan Morning Show” Tuesdays at 8 a.m.

The interview can be heard here:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/...ay-in-arizona/

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Ramon Foster: ‘I’ve Got A Feeling That We Can Play In Arizona’

Uh, let's qualify for the postseason first, OK?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

So the team thought that loosing to a bad team before this game didn't count on the seasons total?

AML

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yeah, Razor Ramon needs to chill out with that talk. All I can say is 1994 Steelers and that dumb ass video.

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Next time the Steelers play in Arizona will be 2019.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I like the confidence. The youngsters are getting a taste of success and they like it!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I like the continued work ethic. Two victory Mondays and most of the players want to get to it, even though they were given the day off.

Some good things will happen if all the guys are pulling in the same direction.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This team's ceiling is the divisional round. Can't see this team getting past Denver/New England, not with this defense

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It's a nice thought by Ramon, but I think he needs a drug test.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Clearly, Tomlin and the staff have lost the team. Fire them all!

Seriously though, Foster needs to clam up on this stuff. Never works out well for anyone.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This team's ceiling is the divisional round. Can't see this team getting past Denver/New England, not with this defense
    Yeah I felt the same way in 2005 when we played Indy and Denver on the road.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~ Walt Disney

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Yeah I felt the same way in 2005 when we played Indy and Denver on the road.

I felt like that team was a lot better than its record and capable of beating anyone; they were coming off 15-1 with virtually all the same guys, after all.

This team I feel like is lucky to be where it is with the shape it is in, so I'll take any playoff success as a bonus but I'm not counting on much.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I felt like that team was a lot better than its record and capable of beating anyone; they were coming off 15-1 with virtually all the same guys, after all.

This team I feel like is lucky to be where it is with the shape it is in, so I'll take any playoff success as a bonus but I'm not counting on much.
    You are right. That 2005 team should have been 13-3 if Ben doesn't get hurt and we're not forced to play Tommy Turnover. This team does not have the defense (pass rush) to make stops and splash plays, if you will.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tube517; 12-17-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~ Walt Disney
    Amen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Seriously though, Foster needs to clam up on this stuff. Never works out well for anyone.
    I agree.

Still

I sense a collective team spirit and confidence that has not been there in years.

Now let's see it on the field.

If there is a time to peak....it is now.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant