Thread: Roethlisberger names Le’Veon Bell as an MVP candidate

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Roethlisberger names Le’Veon Bell as an MVP candidate

Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell is having a good season, but it may have escaped notice in some quarters just how good a season.

Bell has been overshadowed for much of the year by DeMarco Murray, who is widely regarded as the league’s top running back this season. But Bell’s numbers really are extraordinary: He has 262 carries for 1,278 yards and seven touchdowns, plus 76 catches for 765 yards and three more touchdowns receiving. Amazingly, Bell has done all that without fumbling even once.

How rare is that? If Bell doesn’t fumble in the last two games of the year, he’ll join Marshall Faulk in 2000 and Barry Sanders in 1994 as the only players in NFL history to finish a season with 2,000 yards from scrimmage and zero fumbles.

As a result, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger believes Bell should be getting recognition as the league’s Most Valuable Player.

“Bell is having an MVP-caliber season,” Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan.

Roethlisberger is right: Bell has been outstanding. Although Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been widely viewed as the MVP favorite this year, and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady would probably be the next choice in the eyes of most MVP voters, Bell shouldn’t be overlooked. If he has two more big games and carries the Steelers into the playoffs, Bell deserves to be considered an MVP candidate. He’s having an amazing year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mvp-candidate/

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger names Le’Veon Bell as an MVP candidate

Whatever. I don't like Bell. I only want another running back who's exactly the same as Bettis, because I am a Steelers fan and that's all I can think about. Screw this gaining yards and scoring touchdowns shit; the running back MUST be 260 pounds and I don't care if he's any good or not.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Now I know who has Ben's vote for team MVP

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Whatever. I don't like Bell. I only want another running back who's exactly the same as Bettis, because I am a Steelers fan and that's all I can think about. Screw this gaining yards and scoring touchdowns shit; the running back MUST be 260 pounds and I don't care if he's any good or not.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ben could be in the discussions as a long shot...Bell and Brown should be right in the middle of the conversations. For me JJ Watt is just ridiculous right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I know you're making fun of "yinzer" logic. But to make a valid comparison. Bell now is better than Bettis as a Steeler any time other than 96-97, and early 2001. Bettis was tremendous his first two years in Pittsburgh. And he probably still was most of 98-01. But once the league caught up with Kordell, JB constantly had to contend with what Bell faced this past game against the Falcons. Difference being Bettis had to beat those 8 and 9 man fronts for the Steeers to have any chance to win. Because unlike Ben who can take advantage and blister that sort of stacked defense, well it was Kordell.........., no further explanation needed. Anyway they're different kind of backs. But both exceptional in their own way. Of course Bettis was never that great a threat as a receiver.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."