View Poll Results: Who's the Steelers defensive MVP this season?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cameron Heyward

11 45.83%
  • Lawrence Timmons

6 25.00%
  • William Gay

4 16.67%
  • other ( please specify who if you choose this option)

3 12.50%

Thread: Steelers 2014 defensive MVP

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Steelers 2014 defensive MVP

We all know the Steelers team MVP will be one of the 3 "Killer B's" on offense. And though the defense hasn't had a great year they've played their part in getting the Steelers to playoff contention. And several players have individually stood out through the season and been consistently good. So who's your pick?

I went with Cam Heyward, though I think a solid argument can be made for Timmons or Gay. Keisel might have been in the discussion if he had stayed healthy. But in the end I think it comes down to one of these 3.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Steelers 2014 defensive MVP

Heyward has been solid all season.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

definitely Cam. Timmons still pairs his good plays with plenty of fuck ups. He seems like he is and always will be a borderline pro bowl level ILB, but never quite get there. I believe he was actually 4th-5thin pro bowl voting coming into last week though. I cant wait to see him and Tuitt grow together
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I went with Gay because of his 3 INT returned for TDs.

Dwinsgames

James Harrison , because before he returned we had ZERO fire and intensity , since he has returned we seem to have found some of that ...

sure his 4 sacks are not all world but he has brought more than just statistics with him ...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    James Harrison , because before he returned we had ZERO fire and intensity , since he has returned we seem to have found some of that ...

sure his 4 sacks are not all world but he has brought more than just statistics with him ...
    great pick as well. I believe i saw somewhere that james harrison actually led the league in hits or hurries from week 3-11
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

This. Biggest mistake we made with the veterans. Releasing him. Sign him up for another year!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel9guy View Post
    This. Biggest mistake we made with the veterans. Releasing him. Sign him up for another year!
    He can't stay healthy. His body is breaking down and James knows it better than anyone. I don't think Harrison has any interest in coming back. Ironically for a guy many have wrote off as an ignorant brute I think he's managed his money well and is in position to retire without worry about financial needs.

All that said I'm glad he came back this year. Not only was he a significant contributor when we needed it most, but also it washes the taste of that Bengal season out of our collective craw. I'm not a big fan of the sign and retire b.s. This way James went out as he should have.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    He can't stay healthy. His body is breaking down and James knows it better than anyone. I don't think Harrison has any interest in coming back. Ironically for a guy many have wrote off as an ignorant brute I think he's managed his money well and is in position to retire without worry about financial needs.

All that said I'm glad he came back this year. Not only was he a significant contributor when we needed it most, but also it washes the taste of that Bengal season out of our collective craw. I'm not a big fan of the sign and retire b.s. This way James went out as he should have.
    Another Ring wouldn't hurt either.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Exactly.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Went with Cam.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Timmons brings the lunch bucket every game.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Cam Heyward. Dude is emerging as a leader.

Honorable mentions go to James Harrison and Brett Keisel.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Timmons brings the lunch bucket every game.

He does, puking or hurt he brings it every game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He's the Donovan McNabb of the Steelers defense.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler