Thread: Pittsburgh Power to sit out 2015 season

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Pittsburgh Power to sit out 2015 season

CHICAGO – The Pittsburgh Power organization will go dormant for the 2015 season, the Arena Football League office announced today. Power ownership has informed the AFL that they no longer wish to participate as members of the League. Due to their decision, the 2015 schedule will be completed including 12 teams.
    Efforts are underway to secure an effective return of Arena Football to Pittsburgh.

“The Arena Football league remains dedicated to maintaining a franchise in the Pittsburgh market and hopes to secure a new franchise with new ownership in the near future,” AFL Commissioner Scott C. Butera said.

Players who completed the 2014 season under multi-year deals with the Power will be entered into the Offseason Assignment Process making them eligible to be assigned to other AFL rosters by the League. Players who were assigned to the Power during this current offseason will become free agents.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Pittsburgh Power to sit out 2015 season

Isn't Swann part owner? I don't follow the Arena League at all so I know nothing about the league

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Swann was as is Trib Total Media. Primary owner was Matt Shaner, and from my understanding he is the one that pulled the plug last month and the league plus the other owners were trying to work something out to let them play this season.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It's a shame, after they did so well this year